04-30-14, 11:33 PM   #21
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Use GetAchievementCriteriaInfoByID to look up the criteria directly, instead of looping over all the criteria, calling GetAchievementCriteriaInfo for each one, and comparing the ID
I actually misnamed that variable in my addon, it's not the criteriaID I'm using but the assetID to identify the criteria. I also had no idea that function existed since it isn't documented anywhere.

I also can't seem to export a patched version of the Achievement_Criteria.dbc file from the client, there are clearly entries missing from it that I can access through the api in-game and I'm assuming it's in a patch somewhere (but I've been through every mpq file and can't find it).

I could export the list from the game as a saved variable and then parse it into the python script but that would be a little extra pain I didn't want to do.

Blizzard appears to have actually removed a function capable of using the criteria ID to get information about the achievement called GetAchievementInfoFromCriteria.

Last edited by semlar : 05-01-14 at 12:01 AM.
05-01-14, 01:38 AM   #22
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by semlar View Post
I actually misnamed that variable in my addon, it's not the criteriaID I'm using but the assetID to identify the criteria.
That explains why my local copy stopped working after I reloaded the UI after making that change (which was also after I'd posted that)... would probably be better to store the criteriaID instead of the assetID but if you need to use the assetID for some reason the way you're doing it now is fine.

I did update Wowpedia with info about GetAchievementCriteriaInfoByID though, since I noticed it was missing. Not sure where I found it, but it's been around for a while; I use it in a couple unreleased things.

I could export the list from the game as a saved variable and then parse it into the python script but that would be a little extra pain I didn't want to do.
If you want the output from the script I posted earlier I can post it for you.
05-01-14, 02:20 AM   #23
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The assetID is actually the ID of the overlay you reveal in WorldMapOverlay.dbc to meet the criteria and almost all of the data I'm exporting comes from that file.

I'm just getting the center of the overlay coordinates and tying the overlay to its map and then getting the achievementID associated with the map (which is a little tricky, it's mostly matching the "Explore X Zone" text with the map name).

This way I don't have to even touch Achievement_Criteria.dbc because I know it's missing data, even though I have no problem patching the rest of the files.

If I parsed the criteria dbc I could go ahead and replace the overlay assetIDs with the criteria IDs but it isn't that big of a deal. The only difference would be not having to loop over the criteria to match the assetID.
12-18-14, 06:38 PM   #24
Phanx
Cat.

Semlar, any plans to update with WoD coordinates and/or make a proper release out of this? Or at least post the script you're using to export/process the DBC data?
12-18-14, 08:45 PM   #25
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Semlar, any plans to update with WoD coordinates and/or make a proper release out of this? Or at least post the script you're using to export/process the DBC data?
I had to rewrite the script because they removed AchievementCriteria.dbc and stopped using mpq files, and I had to manually adjust it for nagrand and shadowmoon valley because there are two zones with the same name, but it should work for WoD now.

http://semlar.com/addons/Pinlight.zip
12-19-14, 02:38 AM   #26
Phanx
Cat.

Awesome! (10chars)

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Explorer Coords