08-22-07, 04:09 PM   #1
Thoragh
A Cliff Giant
List of Non Ace Addons that can be updated?

Is there any documentation listing the non-ace addons that can be updated?

Thanks
08-22-07, 07:09 PM   #2
joive
A Theradrim Guardian

BackUp

Never seen it, but, you can always make a backUp (Interface, Cache and WTF) and try the update. If something goes wrong you just copy & paste the original folders to your World of Warcraft folder again. You should do that also when updating your ace addons too (like Aceupdater recommends).

Sir James Dewar
08-22-07, 07:52 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
do not update bongos and I think there may be one or two others... There is a list around here somewhere... Others are fair game.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-24-07, 04:40 AM   #4
Detritus
A Cyclonian
I've not had much cause to update the non-Ace addons in 1.1. I've done a full update with WoWACE Updater (with externals) and had no real problems. I needed to re-mazzify Autobar and OmniCC but that's it.

I've also manually updated KLH Threat Meter and Deadly Boss Mods with no problems.

I had a bit of a search around the forums and can't find a list of mods with Mazzlefizz alterations (the DO NOT TOUCH list). There certainly used to be one in the FAQ for 1.0 but I don't see them there now. Of course it's quite likely that I'm losing my mind and someone will point out the location of the aforementioned list...
08-24-07, 06:41 AM   #5
Atrocty
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I realy wish a Auto-Updater for all Mazzle Addons ...
08-24-07, 08:03 AM   #6
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Atrocty
I realy wish a Auto-Updater for all Mazzle Addons ...
WoWAceUpdater.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
08-24-07, 09:01 AM   #7
Malinoric
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

KLH isn't ace, bongos isn't ace, deadly isn't ace... I can't name em off the top of my head, but there are quite a few that WoWAceUpdater doesn't pick up, and I'm not sure which of these is safe to update.
08-24-07, 09:05 AM   #8
Atrocty
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Dreadlorde
WoWAceUpdater.
And non-Ace Addons?
08-24-07, 09:22 AM   #9
Geboran
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
For Ace-based addons, you won't be able to update the addons showing as SVN versions (as Mazzle set them so that they wouldn't be picked up for updating via the wowaceupdater program).

For non-based addons, the only addon that you can *NOT* update without messing things up is Bongos that I have come across. All others should be safe to update as usual.

I suggest downloading the UI Central program from ui.worldofwar.net that you can use to update the non-Ace addons with.

I'd like to see Curse come up with a similar program for their site, but I've yet to find one there.
Stormreaver (US), Alliance
08-24-07, 09:29 AM   #10
Cogwheel
Sans Poisson

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Geboran
I'd like to see Curse come up with a similar program for their site, but I've yet to find one there.
Two words: advertising revenue

Obviously, they could come out with a proprietary updater that delivers ads but the problems are twofold: 1) it would only be a matter of time before someone released a hacked version or ad-free alternative; 2) spending time going around the site updating your mods exposes you to more ads.
08-24-07, 09:37 AM   #11
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Geboran
For Ace-based addons, you won't be able to update the addons showing as SVN versions (as Mazzle set them so that they wouldn't be picked up for updating via the wowaceupdater program).
You can remove the .svn folder from nQuestLog and update that, as I submitted Mazzle's fixes a while ago. (This was mentioned somewhere around here, too, but it's okay if you missed it. )
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-24-07, 09:47 AM   #12
Geboran
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
True indeed, but still!

I knew I was forgetting something. Yes, you can either remove the .svn folder from the nQuestLog addon folder, or delete the entire folder and download the latest version from files.wowace.com. Pick your poison.

Mazzle did quite a bit of forum "clean up", I noticed.
Stormreaver (US), Alliance

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » List of Non Ace Addons that can be updated?