09-26-07, 01:58 PM   #1
Detritus
A Cyclonian
Will there be an official fix?

OK, so my interface is pretty broken. Before I dig in and try to construct something useable, I've got a question for the short, pink one. Mazzle, are you planning on releasing an official fix for MazzleUI or has support for it officially ended?
09-26-07, 02:03 PM   #2
fyrye
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Detritus
OK, so my interface is pretty broken. Before I dig in and try to construct something useable, I've got a question for the short, pink one. Mazzle, are you planning on releasing an official fix for MazzleUI or has support for it officially ended?
This has been answered already MANY times. Pretty sure Mazzlefizz ignores these posts as well. Search the forums for your answer please.
09-26-07, 02:22 PM   #3
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by fyrye
This has been answered already MANY times. Pretty sure Mazzlefizz ignores these posts as well. Search the forums for your answer please.
Technically this question has not been answered. Mazzle has not stated whether or not he will provide another full release. However, my best guess with with there only being about 200 replies in the last 24 hours to the other topics regarding the 2.2 patch is that support for this project is dead.
09-26-07, 02:25 PM   #4
brujer
A Fallenroot Satyr
To be completely fair, to the OP. Every thread I have read that is of this nature has a different response in it. Sometimes Mazz seems to want to continue, other times not so much. I think it is a valid and fair question, especially since everyones UI just broke. If Mazz doesn't want to continue, no big deal. I can slap something usable together and call it a day. if Mazz will continue, well that's just icing on the cake because this is the most beautiful UI out there.
09-26-07, 02:57 PM   #5
Rhothran
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
It's true. The closest thing I've heard to something official is something about an apocalyptic door, which I didn't quite understand...
09-26-07, 03:00 PM   #6
Mortlach
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Let's not bug Mazzle: short status note

Let's not bug Mazzle, folks. MazzleUI is about to grow up and fly or die. It's up to us as a community to work, with patience as a user or skills as a coder, to get it up and running

Mazz isn't playing WoW anymore, but is watching over this forum. Changes are being made by those of us with lua skill. The API changes were pretty clear and most issues will be sussed out in time.

Using an Ace updater (with a caveat), watcing the non-Ace Addons, and a bit of patience and I think we'll all be back with a working Mazzle UI.

To make a short list..
Over half the AddOns have been updated already!

ContextMenu: fixed
lost chat frames: turn off NotesUNeed until updated (not part of Mazzle UI!)
Bongos: Do NOT upgrade to Bongos2 as Bongos has been customized - patience.
HUD: no news yet
Mazzifier: no news yet
3D unit Frames: no news yet

It's only a day later. We can cope!

--Mort

Morticai, Prince & GuildMaster of Briar Rose, Horde
09-26-07, 03:13 PM   #7
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Mortlach

Over half the AddOns have been updated already!

ContextMenu: fixed
lost chat frames: turn off NotesUNeed until updated (not part of Mazzle UI!)
Bongos: Do NOT upgrade to Bongos2 as Bongos has been customized - patience.
HUD: no news yet
Mazzifier: no news yet
3D unit Frames: no news yet
Bongos:
I have a feeling that there are some issues with the current version of Bongos that's used in MazzleUI, but other than the paging issue (changing to all one ability then back to normal) they work perfectly for me.
HUD:
The HUD works perfectly if you didn't edit it out in the MazzleUI_core.lua file. It was originally not working properly because the setup code was not completing after dying during the ContextMenu setup.
Mazzifier:
The Mazzifier seems to work properly after a couple small changes. I have not had a chance to verify that all of the addons are being setup properly. There is a possibility that the API's of some of the mods have changed.
3D Unit Frames:
There have been some reports of a "camera not found" issue, but not very many.
09-26-07, 03:27 PM   #8
Kyousei
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by meio
Bongos:
I have a feeling that there are some issues with the current version of Bongos that's used in MazzleUI, but other than the paging issue (changing to all one ability then back to normal) they work perfectly for me.

My issue on the keybindings is partly the same - however, I also have issues with the actual castings.

The icon is right - mouseover gives me accurate information - hitting the key does *something different*. Depends on the character, and I'm not familiar enough with either WoW or Mazzle to figure it out from there.
Most prominent is on my priest, where about four of my left-side buttons cast Renew and I can only cast Fortitude: Self if it's expired, from clicking on the little 'sb' button above my avatar. Scrolling doesn't even work.

Can someone please help me figure out if it's a 'Bongos' issue, or a casting issue, or what? I thought I saw someone else around here post a similar, if not identical problem, and I can't find it now.

(Should someone start a Bongos/Keybind thread for bugs and fixes?? :P )

Last edited by Kyousei : 09-26-07 at 03:30 PM.
09-26-07, 03:50 PM   #9
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by meio
However, my best guess with with there only being about 200 replies in the last 24 hours to the other topics regarding the 2.2 patch is that support for this project is dead.
I don't understand how you came to that conclusion even though I've been posting regularly the last several months, but whatever. I simply can't chime in with information I can't test myself. And I'm not going to vicariously debug stuff. Normal debugging is annoying enough as it is.

In response to the original poster, I don't know what I'll do. Some days when I have lots of free time, I feel like it. Some days I don't. Someone is working on a web site for it. Perhaps that'll work out and turn into something. I don't know. If that sounds wishy-washy, it's probably because it is. You may want to go out try out some other UI or put together something on your own. There may not be something equivalent to what MazzleUI does, but if you have the proficiency to apply these fixes, you'll have the proficiency to configure other add-ons on your own too.

That said, from what I've been reading, the problems introduced are pretty superficial. My guess is Meio will be able put together a band-aid sort of patch that will at least get the main things working without errors.
09-26-07, 04:00 PM   #10
anonymity22
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz

I don't understand how you came to that conclusion even though I've been posting regularly the last several months, but whatever. I simply can't chime in with information I can't test myself. And I'm not going to vicariously debug stuff. Normal debugging is annoying enough as it is.

In response to the original poster, I don't know what I'll do. Some days when I have lots of free time, I feel like it. Some days I don't. Someone is working on a web site for it. Perhaps that'll work out and turn into something. I don't know. If that sounds wishy-washy, it's probably because it is. You may want to go out try out some other UI or put together something on your own. There may not be something equivalent to what MazzleUI does, but if you have the proficiency to apply these fixes, you'll have the proficiency to configure other add-ons on your own too.

That said, from what I've been reading, the problems introduced are pretty superficial. My guess is Meio will be able put together a band-aid sort of patch that will at least get the main things working without errors.

i will PAY you to make an official fix. =] i am serious.
09-26-07, 04:17 PM   #11
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz

I was being sarcastic in my response. I just found it somewhat humorous that there had been about 200 responses and many bug fixes in the past 24 hours and someone asks if the project is dead. It was a response to something that for some reason irritated me. And I shouldn't have made the post to begin with or at least deleted it.
09-26-07, 04:40 PM   #12
NOOB4LIFE
A Defias Bandit
I'll pay also, being a NOOB and having no LUA talent your work is priceless to me. Plus I'm tired of getting my a** kicked by everyone. I don't want to beg, but here it goes...PLEASE, Please, please do your gnomish magic for the unwashed masses. Set up a pay site for your talents only not everyone elses freeware. Now I know by reading the postings on the many threads (OMG), that I may start a furor, that's not my intention, I try to be a very ethical player, I'll jump in if you are getting routed by a mob, but not if you are head to head with a comparably lvled player. I'll respond when stupid questions are asked in game, even the wrong channel, because I've been there before, and often still am so please give us less advantaged a chance to be competitive!?! sry bout the rant.
09-26-07, 05:10 PM   #13
anonymity22
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
i will beg.. plzplzplzplz.... i will make it worth your while!!
09-27-07, 01:35 AM   #14
Detritus
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by fyrye
No, it hasn't. Mazzle has never categorically said he will or won't be supporting MazzleUI going forward. I donated to the project a couple of months back and feel I've at least got the right to ask a straightforward question about support given the current situation. I still don't have one but, given that Mazzle is still not sure post-patch, I'm simply going to have to assume that support will be sporadic at best. The community may pick it up and hack a working version out of it for this patch but there's a significant amount of doubt cast on the long-term life of the mod, imo. It's a shame, as MazzleUI is the finest UI mod out there.

Last edited by Detritus : 09-27-07 at 01:37 AM.
09-27-07, 05:17 AM   #15
ots2000
A Defias Bandit
i totaly agree mazzle ui is the best ui around after many searchs mazzle was the best choice for me but too bad that isnt work anyomore with 2.2 hope they fix it in the future and mazzle plz fix your ui
09-27-07, 05:40 AM   #16
Subray
A Murloc Raider
Mazzle rocks

I love mazzle! I really cant play without it by now!! been playing with it for about a year now..

Its a pitty mazzlefizz doesnt play anymore but m8 u have created the best Wow UI. so plz dont abandon us now!! for what i read i think meio as been helping you..so plz join forces and create a patch to fix this!! i tryed all of the "fixs" that wore posted here and none worked! i checked and rechecked that i didnt comite any mistake..

plz plz plz plz plz make a patch to fix this!!! mazzle is the best!!

Thnx

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Will there be an official fix?