03-17-09, 12:25 PM   #1
Mojo5
A Defias Bandit
finding textures, where?

I just got into the whole UI modification and paneling but was having trouble getting textures.

I have seen a few amazing UI's that are over the top beautiful and was wondering where to get the textures. Things like wispy smoke or water, not hard panels, but visuals.

Anyone have a directory of textures or know where to get them?

I did try a few searches, but most of the responses are about how to make textures or unrelated.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. peanut butter jelly time

Edit: I just realized I put this in the completely wrong section. Sorry about that. My bad.

Last edited by Mojo5 : 03-17-09 at 12:45 PM.
03-17-09, 01:48 PM   #2
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
First, prowl through the Discord mods UI forums http://www.worldofmodcraft.com and look at the UIs. Many of them have download links, download the malls and yank out the textures you wish to use. Likely you will find the textures in the Discord Art folder, however it may hide in the other Discord folders.

You can also create your own. Just make sure you save your textures as an uncompress TGA with an Alpha channel. Also sizes need to be in a power of 2 (16, 32, 48, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024) as in 32x16.

Last edited by Zyonin : 03-17-09 at 02:25 PM.
03-17-09, 01:51 PM   #3
Nightspirit
A Cyclonian

Unless the OP is interested in sewing, embroidery and/or quilting you posted a funny link

I found http://underworldexodus.com/, but it seems outdated.

Last edited by Nightspirit : 03-17-09 at 01:55 PM.
03-17-09, 02:26 PM   #4
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Originally Posted by Nightspirit View Post
Unless the OP is interested in sewing, embroidery and/or quilting you posted a funny link

I found http://underworldexodus.com/, but it seems outdated.
Fixed, I was a bit distracted (spouse came just as I was posting the first time). Your link also works, it goes to the same site (Discord Mods).
03-17-09, 07:59 PM   #5
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
You can actually get a handful of textures here as well.

BTex
Neutrino
STeam Pixel MTP
Telnets UI Art
Squidmod
Diablo 3 dynamic Orbs
Steam Pixel Full Texture Package
Graphic UI Textures 1
Wrath of the Lich King style

Also you can try Deviantart.com I have never really found anything useful there but then again I have never really look too hard

Also if you plan on "ripping" art work from someone elses UI make sure you get permission from that author if you plan on redistributing your new UI. The artwork used may be their own and they do not want it redistributed with another UI.

Good Luck

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » finding textures, where?