05-03-09, 05:03 PM   #1
Kruledog
A Kobold Labourer
Carbonite and Vista 64 bit

I can use carbonite briefly but my game locks frequently during play. No matter what I set video settings at the game still locks up. As soon as I disable carbonite premium/carbonite the game runs just fine. Is there any known issue with Vista 64 bit??

05-03-09, 06:11 PM   #2
Nightspirit
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Kruledog View Post
I can use carbonite briefly but my game locks frequently during play. No matter what I set video settings at the game still locks up. As soon as I disable carbonite premium/carbonite the game runs just fine. Is there any known issue with Vista 64 bit??
I used both Carb and Vista64 (at the same time ) without any problems. Running it now on Win7_64 without a problem as well.

05-03-09, 06:50 PM   #3
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
Addons are written in Lua and XML (which eventually becomes solely Lua) which is compiled to bytecode that is interpreted by a VM. Accordingly, it's impossible that architecture differences could have an impact on how the addon works.

It is very likely you are experiencing an issue with the addon itself and you should try posting in Carbonite's forum to see if anyone else is having similar issues.
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/

05-03-09, 10:50 PM   #4
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Carbonite or any addon puts more stress on the game, by using more game features. That means any bugs in the game, your OS, drivers or hardware will tend to be exposed more often.

I would reboot the computer and check for overheating (fans working, no dust blockage). Updating graphics drivers may also fix it.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite and Vista 64 bit