04-20-08, 12:58 PM   #21
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Smirge View Post

And to flame a guy for asking

/Smirge
Unfortunately, this is the exact reason why I stopped asking questions on this site. You either do not get answered, you get a smartass answer "this has been asked a bazillion times, do a search" blah blah blah, or you get flamed for asking.

As for the Mazzle thing, I know better than to give my two cents as it would get me banned.

04-20-08, 01:30 PM   #22
Jettan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Update

My 2 cents not that it matters to the author of this UI nor the ones trying to patch it. Although i think Mazzle ui is or was one of the best UI's ever made for WOW it has become a joke. Most UI's or Mods that the author quit directly supporting for whatever reason allow someone else to take over where they left off. I really do admire the work that mazz put into this compilation but Mazz is no longer playing WOW and apparently does not intend to keep it up to date. Yes there is fix's in the numerous threads to get it working but this is not in any means an update. Yes i have mine working but it would be alot easyer if these fix's were alowed to be put into a full compilation as an updated version of Mazzle UI. As to why Mazz doe not alow this it may have been said before but like anything with this UI you have to search for the answers Which could be 400 plus post. Please Mazz allow someone to take this project over even if they have to submit there changes to you before releasing it. It would be better than the current way this project has been kept alive. Ok Flamers bring it on guess ive said my 2 cents lol.

04-20-08, 02:04 PM   #23
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It's a messy issue. This forum has almost 23 thousand posts. I wouldn't be surprised if a good 25% of those are just repeated question. Every time someone posts another repeated question, it just makes it that much harder for the next person to find the information they want. So, what happens? That next person then posts another repeated question, and it keeps snowballing. People who follow the forums grow frustrated with this ever-escalating problem and people who are new only notice that they can't find what they need quickly and that some people get frustrated with their posts. I can understand the attitude of both groups.

I would simply ask that people quit flaming each other. If someone asks a repeated question that is answered elsewhere, either ignore it or answer it. I tend to do the former nowadays unless I have a lot of free time. If those people really want the answer, it's there for them to find. Thanks to Aethenelle, 90% of them can be found in a single post. A few people do the latter and just keep answering the same question, at least for a short while until they too become frustrated with it as well. In any case, nothing really comes out of the flaming.

04-21-08, 12:06 PM   #24
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by YiZZo View Post
the fact that Aethenelle posts all his bug fixes on the first post on the first page so lazy people dont have to read all the replies. cuzz Aethenelle cares about the lazy people out there.
Actually, I do that cause reading threads like that gets very silly. All the information most people would need from a thread like that is usually contained in what amounts to one or two pages of text. Digging through a fourty six page (as of this writing) thread to find that text is just insane. Especially once you take into account the numerous red herrings that will develop throughout the thread. The only people that should read the entire thread are people that want to post an error (search for it at least) or people that wish to help in support.

Helping the lazy people is responding to threads like these where the OP didn't look at the stickied threads.

Don't worry, I'm lazy at times too...

04-21-08, 12:07 PM   #25
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by joypunk View Post
This thread is quickly deteriorating to flames. Please keep it civil or don't post anything.
And yet, Godwin's Law has yet to be invoked....

04-23-08, 01:02 PM   #26
Aequi
A Cyclonian
*resists the temptation*

It can hardly be news to anyone that alot of "lazy" people are fans of mazzle - automatic configuration for teh win!

However i must admit, i don't feel like donating anymore than i already have for this. Any future donations from me would hafta go towards updates/fixes/upgrades. Would love to see something similar to how bounties work in the open-source community.

Sorry if that offends... thats how i feel.

04-24-08, 07:36 PM   #27
taeylor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Well,

From one lazy person to another. I can tell you that I spent at max maybe 2 hours to get my Mazzle working completely error free with Aenthenelle's (sp?) stickied post.

Editing code isn't hard if you get an html editor or an editor that shows you where the numbered lines are.. it makes it easy to find everything so you don't have to search for it and guess. (Right click the .lua files and "Open with..." your editor... Dreamweaver edited it for me.)

I pretty much followed everything on there, updated using WowMatrix (I did not update Bongos) and WUA

disabled tinytip and replaced it with cowtip

got Combat Filter so I can use my left hand side windows again and actually prefer it over the old combat filtering..

To be honest, I'm glad I spent the time because I like my Mazzle ten times better now than I did before. (With all of the features I added into it and fixed to suit me)

Plus, it helps you learn if you spend the time doing it. Trial and error is all I have to say. If the UI is really worth it to you, you will put forth the time and effort to do it.

Thanks again Aeth and Mazzle... love this ui.

Last edited by taeylor : 04-24-08 at 09:24 PM.

04-26-08, 11:21 AM   #28
Aequi
A Cyclonian
I spent 5 minutes fixing the "UnitNamePlayer" issue and are running without any other changes - Havn't even done the WAU update.

Doesn't change the fact that mazzle UI attract alot of people who either cannot learn "how to do it themselfs" or who don't want to learn. Because when things just work Mazzle UI is in my humble opinion the easiest UI of them all.

Ofcause the whole donations issue is a bother too.

04-27-08, 01:14 PM   #29
dunberacist
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Smirge View Post
Fine - have it your way

Page 12 : About fixing moveframes :
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...=15449&page=12

Page 13 - about prat and combat log :
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...=15449&page=13

found in less than 2 minutes...

And to flame a guy for asking this and to point out that there are tips and tricks scattered thoughout the 450+ posts in that thread is one of the most arrogant attitudes i have ever seen on the internet!

Gees!! get a life instead of flaming others....

/Smirge
OK so, if it only took you 2 minutes, then what's the problem? I mean this whole time you were complaining about how time consuming it would be for someone to go through 450 replies for codes and fixes right?

it took a gazillion years for MazzleUI to advance to where it is today. Spending 15-20 minutes skimming over a not so long thread for codes and fixes is trivial compared to how much time and effort went into designing it. Besides, everything you really need to know to get the UI working is on the first page anyways. If you're really lazy, just do the essentials.

04-28-08, 02:47 PM   #30
Smirge
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by dunberacist View Post
OK so, if it only took you 2 minutes, then what's the problem? I mean this whole time you were complaining about how time consuming it would be for someone to go through 450 replies for codes and fixes right?

it took a gazillion years for MazzleUI to advance to where it is today. Spending 15-20 minutes skimming over a not so long thread for codes and fixes is trivial compared to how much time and effort went into designing it. Besides, everything you really need to know to get the UI working is on the first page anyways. If you're really lazy, just do the essentials.
I am by no means lazy - i edited a lot of the LUA code within the mazzifier to bind my own keybindings so i wouldnt have do redo them every time i mazzify(ok - infact that does make me lazy - but in another form)

I have had an errorfree Mazzle pretty much from day 1(maybe day 2 or 3) and my post was not directed as much to myself as it was to all the frustrated ppl i saw on this forum. Noone dared ask the question, so i did - and look what it got me.

Some of the most arrogant attitudes i have ever seen on the internet in all my life, and all because i pointed out that there were many tips and tricks as to correct different addons scattered in the sticky thread.

i dont fell that this flaming me is fair, cause i already proved my point. Yes it took me 2 mins of searching, but not everyone is as good as me - or you apparantly, that they can see through all the code and actually be able to fix it themselves. and they are left to just waiting for someone else to fix it for them.

My inbox has been full of ppl wanting to get my errorfree Mazzle and i must admit in a few cases i have given them just that. Of couse without the bongos 3(?) addon that Anthelle is currently coding.

All i was asking was a rough estimate. But i see now that it was futile, and this board will never hear from me again. I dont even know if i should write that im sorry, cause that is now how i currently feel about it.

I feel that i am leaving a bunch of selfcentered egomaniacs (Not y Anthelle, or DeTard - u guys are doing an imba job) but all the rest of you wanna bee hardcore mazzlers.

I even got flamed by a guy who had 3 posts and joined the day before i was flamed(in another thread) and i have been part of this board(agreed - mostly readig part) for over a year now, and i do know a fairly bit about Mazzleui and the coding.

I just think a month is a long time to wait for an update even though i have all the respect for Anthelle to take this task up - i couldnt do it.

Hope to catch the cool ones of you on the flip side...

/Smirge

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » How far are we to an update for Mazzle