01-21-11, 09:53 PM   #1
thatdudegrim
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
(SimpleHTML) Links are clickable, but not after updating

(This is my full lua code for this lua, it just deletes the repetitious bits such as additional uses of CreateBoxes() in WNCFrame_Load())

I'm having a strange problem and hope someone can help..

If I populate a the created field in CreateBoxes.. if I populate it inside create boxes, like the commented out #16, it works and populates fine and is clickable properly.

However if I populate it after, for instance in the EventFrame event-- effectively On-UPDATE_MOUSEOVER_UNIT--the box updates and the link shows properly but is not clickable.

lua Code:
  1. local thisType = ""
  2. local _G = getfenv()
  4. function WNCFrame_Load()
  5.   CreateBoxes("DK")
  6. end
  8. function CreateBoxes(wnc_boxname)
  9.     _G["info"..wnc_boxname]=CreateFrame("SimpleHTML","testaddon_Frame",WNCFrame); --creates the frame
  10.     _G["info"..wnc_boxname]:SetWidth(174); _G["info"..wnc_boxname]:SetHeight(40); --sets frame dimensions
  11.     _G["info"..wnc_boxname]:SetFontObject("SystemFont_Tiny"); --tells the frame to copy the styling from fontobject "GameFontNormal"
  12.     _G["info"..wnc_boxname]:SetJustifyH("LEFT"); --tells the frame to left-justify text
  13.     _G["info"..wnc_boxname]:SetJustifyV("TOP");
  14.     _G["info"..wnc_boxname]:SetScript("OnHyperlinkClick", function(self, ...) ChatFrame_OnHyperlinkShow(...) end); --tells the frame to use the default hyperlink "OnClick" action
  15.     _G["info"..wnc_boxname]:SetPoint("TOPLEFT",_G["label"..wnc_boxname],"BOTTOMLEFT"); --anchors the frame to the left edge of the screen
  16.      _G["info"..wnc_boxname]:SetText("\124cff71d5ff\124Hspell:45524\124h[Chains of Ice]\124h\124r");
  17. end
  19. local EventFrame = CreateFrame("Frame")
  20. EventFrame:RegisterEvent("UPDATE_MOUSEOVER_UNIT")
  21. EventFrame:SetScript("OnEvent", function(self,event,...)
  22.     thisType = UnitCreatureType("mouseover")
  23.     ChatFrame1:AddMessage(_G["data"..thisType..".DK"]);
  24.     _G["infoDK"]:SetText("\124cff71d5ff\124Hspell:339\124h[Entangling Roots]\124h\124r");
  25. end)
01-21-11, 10:34 PM   #2
thatdudegrim
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I found what I can only conclude is an amazingly inefficient way to make it work lol. (Lines 2,3,4,5)

lua Code:
  1. function CreateBoxes(wnc_boxname,wnc_boxvalue)
  2.     if _G["info"..wnc_boxname] then
  3.         _G["info"..wnc_boxname]:Hide()
  4.         _G["info"..wnc_boxname]:SetAttribute("Name","DestroyedWNC")
  5.     end
  6.     _G["info"..wnc_boxname]=CreateFrame("SimpleHTML","info"..wnc_boxname,WNCFrame); --creates the frame
  7.     _G["info"..wnc_boxname]:SetWidth(174); _G["info"..wnc_boxname]:SetHeight(40); --sets frame dimensions
  8.     _G["info"..wnc_boxname]:SetFontObject("SystemFont_Tiny"); --tells the frame to copy the styling from fontobject "GameFontNormal"
  9.     _G["info"..wnc_boxname]:SetJustifyH("LEFT"); --tells the frame to left-justify text
  10.     _G["info"..wnc_boxname]:SetJustifyV("TOP");
  11.     _G["info"..wnc_boxname]:SetScript("OnHyperlinkClick", function(self, ...) ChatFrame_OnHyperlinkShow(...) end); --tells the frame to use the default hyperlink "OnClick" action
  12.     _G["info"..wnc_boxname]:SetPoint("TOPLEFT",_G["label"..wnc_boxname],"BOTTOMLEFT"); --anchors the frame to the left edge of the screen
  13.     _G["info"..wnc_boxname]:SetText(wnc_boxvalue);
  14. end

and then I update the box like so.

lua Code:
  1. CreateBoxes("DK",_G["data"..thisType..".DK"])

Is there a way to Destroy a frame? I believe I've read there is not, but worth a shot to ask.

Rather frustrating (in this case at least) that two frames can have the same name lol.
01-22-11, 02:11 AM   #3
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
nope no destroying frames we recycle them.
01-22-11, 05:02 AM   #4
thatdudegrim
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks for the reply!

I'd love to recycle them for sure, but for some reason when I update the contents of a frame, it no longer responds to OnHyperlinkClick--I've even tried redeclaring everything as it was initially declared.

Anyone else ever experienced this?

Is there any sort of Frame:Refresh that will make it respond to new content?
01-24-11, 05:24 AM   #5
Duugu
Premium Member

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
How does Blizzard handle this? There's such a frame within the guild stuff, isn't it?

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » (SimpleHTML) Links are clickable, but not after updating