09-01-15, 12:27 PM   #1
Slurpuff
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
6.2.2: Few Issues

I want to first say thanks for the incredible work on this add-on compilation; it's awesome, and I've been using it exclusively for about a year.

With patch 6.2.2 (that released today on 9/1), a few problems crept up:

-Certain text is no longer skinned. For instance, clicking on a quest giver/NPC that has multiple options (e.g. Fate-Twister Tiklal in Warspear), certain text choices will appear in all black font instead of their usual white letter (it makes it almost impossible to read now).

-Certain buttons are no longer skinned in the Real UI garb. For instance, if you hit escape, the buttons (System, Interface, etc.) all appear with their normal red un-skinned background. Another example would be the character detailed stats if you hit C.

-The Aura Tracker has completely gone awry. In the meantime, I've just disabled it, and replaced it with Weak Auras. The main issue with it, is that when you make a new aura to track, it locks you out of the real UI menu.

Lastly, the only bugger error that I'm receiving is as follows:

3x Aurora\aurora-6.2.3.lua:2188: attempt to index global 'HelpFrameTicket' (a nil value)
Aurora\aurora-6.2.3.lua:2188: in function <Aurora\aurora.lua:699

I don't know if this is related to one of the above problems, but I felt it was worth mentioning.

Thanks for the help!
09-01-15, 09:21 PM   #2
Slurpuff
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Thanks for quickly fixing most of those errors! The UI is working fairly well again. Unfortunately, I ran into another issue after updating:

whenever I 'cast' for fishing, I get the following error:

6x nibRealUI\HuD\CastBars.lua:100: 'for' limit must be a number
nibRealUI\HuD\CastBars.lua:100: in function 'SetBarTicks'
nibRealUI\HuD\CastBars.lua:268: in function 'PostChannelStart'
...rface\nibRealUI\Libs\oUF\elements\castbar.lua:305: in function <...rface\nibRealUI\Libs\oUF\elements\castbar.lua:256>
(tail call): ?

It's strange because I can still cast, but it throws the error, and then doesn't show the 30 second timer.

Any ideas on how to quickly fix this?

Thanks again.

Last edited by Slurpuff : 09-01-15 at 09:54 PM.
09-01-15, 10:59 PM   #3
Banis
A Fallenroot Satyr
Bartrender

Hello, i have this error all time if i log in a character:

1x nibRealUI\Modules\ActionBars.lua:100: attempt to index local 'BTBar' (a nil value)
nibRealUI\Modules\ActionBars.lua:100: in function 'ApplyABSettings'
nibRealUI\Modules\ActionBars.lua:508: in function '?'
...nit\libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:147: in function <...nit\libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:147>
[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:4: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:4>
[C]:: ?
[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:13: in function '?'
...nit\libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:92: in function 'Fire'
...Bartender4\libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0-3.lua:120: in function <...Bartender4\libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:119>
09-02-15, 01:32 PM   #4
Slurpuff
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Alright, so after the newest update, certain bars are inverted and I can't find where to change them. For instance, the hunter's focus bar is now inverted (which is incredibly strange), and pretty much unusable.

Any quick fix for this?
09-02-15, 02:10 PM   #5
Elysius
A Kobold Labourer
So far everything is working relatively good, except for one glitch with nameplates, that are not skinned or skinned with errors. Screenshots attached.

09-02-15, 02:27 PM   #6
Anj
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Elysius View Post
So far everything is working relatively good, except for one glitch with nameplates, that are not skinned or skinned with errors. ...
Confirming nameplates problem.
09-02-15, 02:44 PM   #7
Out1aw
A Theradrim Guardian

Just update kuinamesplates from curse
09-02-15, 03:14 PM   #8
Slurpuff
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Out1aw View Post
Just update kuinamesplates from curse
This is exactly what I did, and they work perfectly.

However, I still can't figure out a way to stop the player's unit frame from doing an inverse bar for its resource (rogue energy, shadow priest mana, hunter focus, etc.). I never had this issue before, and no setting within Real UI changes it.

I reverted everything back to my pre-update Real UI (an older version), and this problem does not exist. It only happens with the newest version.
09-02-15, 10:46 PM   #9
Supernex
A Defias Bandit

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Slurpuff View Post
-Certain text is no longer skinned. For instance, clicking on a quest giver/NPC that has multiple options (e.g. Fate-Twister Tiklal in Warspear), certain text choices will appear in all black font instead of their usual white letter (it makes it almost impossible to read now).
While I am not using this UI, (I am using a modded version of Kait's), I am having a similar problem - only I can't see the text AT ALL...) So I am hoping to hear a fix for this, so I can attempt one for the UI I am using myself. Thoughts?
09-03-15, 01:49 AM   #10
Triksterism
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Supernex View Post
While I am not using this UI, (I am using a modded version of Kait's), I am having a similar problem - only I can't see the text AT ALL...) So I am hoping to hear a fix for this, so I can attempt one for the UI I am using myself. Thoughts?
Oh man, KaitUI is one I wanted to give a try. I used TukUI/various version of ElvUI from WOTLK --> late MoP. RealUI really stuck out to me and I love it. Any sort of suite UI that also looks amazing / slick is right up my alley.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » 6.2.2: Few Issues