03-14-10, 12:44 PM   #1
Maginus
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
More Suites =)

I would love to see more graphicaly stimulating suites like spartanui is. Just too bad for me that spartan just doesn't quite do it for me, almost though. I keep checking back every week hoping for something. The whole simplebar one with the mana/hp globes is really kewl too but alone it's just not enough.

Ya I know this isn't anything specific but I just wanted to speak my mind on the subject is all. Guess I'm just wishing out load.
03-14-10, 12:47 PM   #2
Miralen
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

you could try nui if you havent seen it I used it awhile back and liked it alot its nice cause its all standalone but has support for certain addons such as recount and omen and skada and a few others. you can download it off of wowinterface even.

- Winston Churchill
03-14-10, 12:57 PM   #3
Maginus
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Wow tyvm for the suggestion, but I'm affraid it's way too blocky and lacking a graphical interest for me. Ya I know I'm probably too picky but I can't help it. It's part of my personality...
03-14-10, 12:59 PM   #4
Taryble
A Molten Giant

nUI has multiple variants you can use.

Check out the subsections in the nUI section here on WoWInterface.

Alternate bottom artwork/layouts:
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/cat131.html

Alternate HUD setups:
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/cat133.html

Alternate UF setups:
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/cat134.html
03-14-10, 01:11 PM   #5
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Try Tukui. tukui.org.
03-14-10, 01:49 PM   #6
Maginus
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Tyvm for taking the time to find all those links. But I'm affraid none of those appeal to me at all. I tried to find that tukui on wowinterface but didn't see anything interesting and the website just goes to the forums so no pictures.

Wish I could learn how to make my own like I did in EQ1 but everytime I try I just get more confused.
03-14-10, 02:07 PM   #7
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Originally Posted by Maginus View Post
Tyvm for taking the time to find all those links. But I'm affraid none of those appeal to me at all. I tried to find that tukui on wowinterface but didn't see anything interesting and the website just goes to the forums so no pictures.

Wish I could learn how to make my own like I did in EQ1 but everytime I try I just get more confused.
http://www.tukui.org/screenshots/WoW...510_175322.jpg
03-14-10, 02:32 PM   #8
Maginus
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
ah ok ic it now, thats more of a minimalist to me than a graphicaly interesting ui
03-14-10, 02:59 PM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Have you checked out the Graphical Compilations category?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-14-10, 03:42 PM   #10
Maginus
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
ya I've gone through every page of every catagorey
03-17-10, 03:40 AM   #11
Ne0nLiteZ
An Aku'mai Servant
i tried nui a few times, its okay. the way that everything is stacked over the unit frames is annoying :\
i have yet to find a good graphical ui for myself, but if i do i will share it here. until then its the default ui with some custom UFs for me :\
03-17-10, 03:09 PM   #12
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Ne0nLiteZ View Post
i tried nui a few times, its okay. the way that everything is stacked over the unit frames is annoying :\
i have yet to find a good graphical ui for myself, but if i do i will share it here. until then its the default ui with some custom UFs for me :\
What in particular are you looking for? You and the OP are being extremely vague as to what you are after :P
03-17-10, 03:36 PM   #13
Maginus
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I would take the time to sketch and plan something out but without the programing expertise it's pointless. I gave spartanui as an exsample but can't give specific details cause it's a style I am looking for after all not a specific layout or theme. It's like asking someone what specific painting do they like after they say they like impressionist art work. There is no specific they like all or most all impessionist artwork.

Unfortunately I seem to lack the skill set required to give the type of impression of what I like.
03-17-10, 04:14 PM   #14
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Setting up a UI requires little to no "programming expertise" - it's just time spent getting to know the addons, and finding how to make them do what you want to do. 99.9% of the time, no programming is needed - many addons nowadays have such incredibly deep configuration setups that any look is possible.
03-17-10, 10:10 PM   #15
Maginus
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I'm aware of that. I use to do UI's for EQ1 and I have tried to understand how to do them in WoW but I've failed many times and I gave up. So it may be simple for you but for me it is anything but simple.
03-17-10, 11:47 PM   #16
Ne0nLiteZ
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Ferous View Post
What in particular are you looking for? You and the OP are being extremely vague as to what you are after :P
anything basically that doesnt have a map in the middle, and something that doesnt have the unit frames on the bottom, below the action bars. AND it has to have viewporting like spartan and nui.

edit: and also, making custom ui's is a bitch. it may be good at first, but go to a different chararcter and it will take another day of headaches to get it right. i tried it with quartz. ****ing annoying. everytime i switched to a different character it would reset to default settings with no way of recovering my old profile.
03-18-10, 12:19 AM   #17
Diagnostics
Medic!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Ne0nLiteZ View Post
anything basically that doesnt have a map in the middle, and something that doesnt have the unit frames on the bottom, below the action bars. AND it has to have viewporting like spartan and nui.

edit: and also, making custom ui's is a bitch. it may be good at first, but go to a different chararcter and it will take another day of headaches to get it right. i tried it with quartz. ****ing annoying. everytime i switched to a different character it would reset to default settings with no way of recovering my old profile.
Don't worry there is an addon for that, Reflux.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...11-Reflux.html
03-18-10, 12:44 AM   #18
Ne0nLiteZ
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Diagnostics View Post
Don't worry there is an addon for that, Reflux.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...11-Reflux.html
thats a good addon but im not going to use it, i dont really have good ui building skills the best way i found for me after configuring it how i could was the default ui

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » More Suites =)