Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
01-05-07, 01:44 PM   #8
bacon
A Murloc Raider
Cladhaire,

I'm glad to hear you're still looking into tracking your own HoT. Apparently there are some strong opinions on this in both directions, I assume if you could obtain ownership information for each buff on a target the functionality would already be in perfect raid.

I don't want to get so caught up in this that we miss what the value of having that information would be. Personally, I use renew a LOT particularly now that HoTs stack. I can't always keep track in my head who I've thrown it on, and I don't want to cross reference a HoT list or wait 3 seconds reading SCT looking for someone's name *not* to be there.

As far as dispelling is concerned, that's primarily a PvP issue. Most of the time your target won't have more than one of each type of HoT anyway, so it's just hard to care about this problem. Same with swiftmend. In a PvE environment, you throw your HoT on the target and if someone swiftmends it or dispels it well... do you really want to throw a second HoT on? You're probably using healing touch or focusing on a different target.

As a healer I'm looking for ways to focus more on the game than scanning UI elements. At least with my play syle and stacking hots, this is a significant issue for me and those with similar play styles.

In any case, there's no perfect solution because Blizzard's API doesn't allow it but there is certainly a 99% solution which would be fabulous.

Thanks again.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » PerfectRaid 2.0 Discussion/Help