01-08-07, 05:16 AM   #161
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
NYI, but will be.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
01-08-07, 06:03 AM   #162
olimo
A Defias Bandit
frFR

Hi Clad i have a question about frFR client (got last version of Praid off course ):
The only debuff i can display is "Poison" and neither Curse (Maladie) nor Magic (Magie) does
I have no problem with buffs : I configured my blessings in french (Pal inside ) because it didn't work at all with the default french localisation. No prob.

As Poison, Curse and Magic are "generic" names, and as poison is writen the same way in english and french it has work but it's the case off curse/magic. Thats why, i think there is a prob ... could it be ?

Have you got an idea pls ?
I didnt't see any FR user talking about this issue ( sry if I missed something ).

Thx for all anyway. And sry for my approximative english.

Regards, Olimo.
01-08-07, 07:02 AM   #163
Itania
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by olimo
Hi Clad i have a question about frFR client (got last version of Praid off course ):
The only debuff i can display is "Poison" and neither Curse (Maladie) nor Magic (Magie) does
I have no problem with buffs : I configured my blessings in french (Pal inside ) because it didn't work at all with the default french localisation. No prob.

As Poison, Curse and Magic are "generic" names, and as poison is writen the same way in english and french it has work but it's the case off curse/magic. Thats why, i think there is a prob ... could it be ?

Have you got an idea pls ?
I didnt't see any FR user talking about this issue ( sry if I missed something ).

Thx for all anyway. And sry for my approximative english.

Regards, Olimo.
Salut,

C'est moi qui m'occupe du fichier de localisation frFR. Comme je n'ai pas de paladin ( je joue coté horde ), je me contente de tirer les traductions des sorts de Babblespell. Si tu pouvais m'envoyer en pm les erreurs de traductions que tu as pu trouver sur tes sorts ca m'aiderais beaucoup. Merci.

En ce qui concerne les débuffs maladie et magie, il faut les mettre en Anglais ( "Disease" et "Magic" dans ton cas )

hello,

I'm the "official" localizer for frFR locale. As I don't have a paladin ( i'm playing the horde side ), i'm using the BabbleSpell library to translate spells. If you can pm me the translation error you have find, it will greatly help me. Thanks.

For the diseases and magic debuff, they must be in English.

Last edited by Itania : 01-08-07 at 07:24 AM.
01-08-07, 07:19 AM   #164
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Curse, Disease, Magic, and Poison can't be localized, they always have to be in english, since these return types are always in English, as far as I understand.

The string must be "Curse", "Disease", "Poison" or "Magic" in order for that debuff detection to work.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
01-08-07, 10:42 AM   #165
RonnieW
A Murloc Raider

Thumbs up

I just wanted to say, Love ur mod. Especially registered for that

And now that i'm registered 1 question, i just read 17 pages of text so mayb i misse dit, but was there a way to lock frames in place?
01-08-07, 10:46 AM   #166
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
No, not currently.. sorry =(
I'll have it in an update within the next day or so.
01-08-07, 12:17 PM   #167
Nahamnessa
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Clad - Have you considered multiple range checks for healers? Heal range and curing spell ranges? Since they tend to be 40 and 30 yards, respectively. Perhaps a tiered range check?
Code:
if( InRange( Decurse ) ){
	alpha = totally solid;
}
else{
	if( InRange( Heal ) ){
		alpha = slighty transparent;
	}
	else{
		alpha = really transparent;
	}
}
01-08-07, 12:21 PM   #168
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Yeah, there will be two levels of range checking, customizable. Just not sure 100% how its going to be done yet. Thanks.
01-08-07, 12:43 PM   #169
Laag
A Murloc Raider
I did not know that tracking your own HoT was non-trivial and was only putting forth a suggestion on a feature that would make this mod better. (presummably that is the point of this thread, no?) Be that as it may, I still put forth that if it is at all possible, that it is very much worthwhile.

Natur's CEnemyCastBars does not always track your HoTs for some reason. I may be missing some hidden feature, but I've never been able to get it work properly. The best mod I've found for this has been TTSpellTimer, which does a pretty good job even without being able to account for Swiftmend, dispelling, cancellations, etc. Having a seperate mod doing this isn't particularly useful though, as the whole point of having simpler, compact party and raid frames (at least for a healer) is to keep your eyes and attention focused on one spot, preferrably as small an area as possible. When your eyes have to roam to find the information you need, you lose valuable response time and are more prone to mistakes. This is reason why Clique is so valuable, your desired spell is immediately accessible for use on the thing that has your immediate attention.

As useful as HoTs have been in WoW, they became 10 times more useful in the 2.0 release. In BC, they will be critical and every healing strategy will center around their use. Anything that can be done to maximize their efficiency in a mod will be well worth it.
01-08-07, 12:48 PM   #170
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
I agree 100%, for the record =). I'm doing what I can.
01-08-07, 12:53 PM   #171
Nahamnessa
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Laag
Natur's CEnemyCastBars does not always track your HoTs for some reason.
You will largely notice this if you are a quick healer - meaning you target, already knowing what you wish to cast and cast the renew and move onto the next person. That is too quick for the buff to show up on your target, thus NECB will not pick up the new spell (your HoT). This applies to SW: P and other DoT/HoT's as well. If you remain on your target for a second or two (perhaps you need a 'tick'), the mod will pick up the spell. This is pretty much what I noticed from observation of using the mod in the past.

What is more concrete now is that your HoT is guaranteed to land, where it wasn't before. That actually removes quite a bit of complexity and error checking from the tacking methods. However you still would be required to implement some type of timer method and constant updates, independent of the pulse updates in most raid mods.

IMO, praid by default shouldn't have HoT tracking, but could be implemented through an add-on to praid? (But that might be the same as installing and using necb with most options turned off) I guess it all depends on how difficult it is to get something like this working.
01-08-07, 12:54 PM   #172
Laag
A Murloc Raider
One question... I'm not familiar with past versions of PerfectRaid so maybe it already had this functionality. Do you plan on having an option to grow the health bars as damage is taken instead of the traditional depletion?

If not, I'd like to offer that up as a valuable modification. Empty / transparent health bars for those at full health which fill up with bright and changing colors can be a huge help for raid healers.
01-08-07, 12:55 PM   #173
Nahamnessa
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Laag
One question... I'm not familiar with past versions of PerfectRaid so maybe it already had this functionality. Do you plan on having an option to grow the health bars as damage is taken instead of the traditional depletion?

If not, I'd like to offer that up as a valuable modification. Empty / transparent health bars for those at full health which fill up with bright and changing colors can be a huge help for raid healers.
It can already do that. Check the FAQ page.
01-08-07, 01:27 PM   #174
raziel666
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

again, some1 know why my praid look liek this
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/1...aid1111jz5.jpg
after adding:

--TODO: Make this so we can actually instantiate frames as the users wants
for i=1,8 do
local name = "PRHeader"..i
self.db.profile.headers[name] = setmetatable({}, {__index=self.headerDefaults})
local header = self:CreateRaidFrame(name, "Group "..i, tostring(i), nil, PRHeader1)
self:CreateRaidFrame("PRHeader1", "Warrior", "WARRIOR", nil, PRHeader1)
self:CreateRaidFrame("PRHeader2", "Priest", "PRIEST", nil, PRHeader1)
self:CreateRaidFrame("PRHeader3", "Pally", "PALADIN", nil, PRHeader1)
self:CreateRaidFrame("PRHeader3", "Shaman", "SHAMAN", nil, PRHeader1)
self:CreateRaidFrame("PRHeader4", "Druid", "DRUID", nil, PRHeader1)
self:CreateRaidFrame("PRHeader5", "Rogue", "ROGUE", nil, PRHeader1)
self:CreateRaidFrame("PRHeader6", "Mage", "MAGE", nil, PRHeader1)
self:CreateRaidFrame("PRHeader7", "Warlock", "WARLOCK", nil, PRHeader1)
self:CreateRaidFrame("PRHeader8", "Hunter", "HUNTER", nil, PRHeader1)

end

????? why i see some 'group 1' and then some class group???

ps: how to remowe group headers name? ( i mean those " group 1", "rogues", "hunters" etc?)??? class colored name is enough???? ( just like here ==>> http://hem.bredband.net/b154484/tfo/..._60percent.jpg ??
help plz. praid looks ugly now
01-08-07, 01:31 PM   #175
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Because the code you posted is a gross bastardization of what it should be. You're iterating and making 64 raid frames, not to mention the 8 group frames you're making.
01-08-07, 01:40 PM   #176
raziel666
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

so can i ask you great Cladhaire !! HOW it should look like?
i am not perfect english speaker so i may misunderstood this :
How do I sort by class instead of group?

1. Find and unncomment this line in blue :
Code:

-- TODO: Make this so we can actually instantiate frames as the users wants for i=1,8 do local name = "PRHeader"..i
self.db.profile.headers[name] = setmetatable({}, {__index=self.headerDefaults}) -- local header = self:CreateRaidFrame(name, "Group "..i, tostring(i), nil, PRHeader1)
end

2. Add this just below the section above:
Code:
self:CreateRaidFrame("PRHeader2", "Priest", "PRIEST", nil, PRHeader1) self:CreateRaidFrame("PRHeader3", "Pally", "PALADIN", nil, PRHeader1) self:CreateRaidFrame("PRHeader3", "Shaman", "SHAMAN", nil, PRHeader1) self:CreateRaidFrame("PRHeader4", "Druid", "DRUID", nil, PRHeader1) self:CreateRaidFrame("PRHeader5", "Rogue", "ROGUE", nil, PRHeader1) self:CreateRaidFrame("PRHeader6", "Mage", "MAGE", nil, PRHeader1) self:CreateRaidFrame("PRHeader7", "Warlock", "WARLOCK", nil, PRHeader1) self:CreateRaidFrame("PRHeader8", "Hunter", "HUNTER", nil, PRHeader1)
coudl tou help and decribe me what i should add , what delete, and what overwrite?
if u would be so kind .....

Last edited by raziel666 : 01-08-07 at 01:47 PM.
01-08-07, 01:52 PM   #177
krinla
A Fallenroot Satyr

raziel666 - the thing is that Clad did not write that fix - someone else posted it as a quick fix. I don't know code or I'd try and help you. I just cut and paste . So he doesn't have time to figure out how to fix someone else's code for a quick fix when he's trying to get out his release version that has the options in it already. I would suggest to just copy the original lua file over the modified one and wait for the next version.
01-08-07, 02:03 PM   #178
raziel666
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

kk. i figured this out myself ( i am a genious O_o ) :d
found that 'uncomment' means delete
so i deleted blue line. and add those class frames AFTER end, not before....so it looks that way now!

-- TODO: Make this so we can actually instantiate frames as the users wants for i=1,8 do local name = "PRHeader"..i
self.db.profile.headers[name] = setmetatable({}, {__index=self.headerDefaults}) -- local header = self:CreateRaidFrame(name, "Group "..i, tostring(i), nil, PRHeader1)
end
self:CreateRaidFrame("PRHeader3", "Pally", "PALADIN", nil, PRHeader1)
self:CreateRaidFrame("PRHeader3", "Shaman", "SHAMAN", nil, PRHeader1)
self:CreateRaidFrame("PRHeader4", "Druid", "DRUID", nil, PRHeader1)
self:CreateRaidFrame("PRHeader5", "Rogue", "ROGUE", nil, PRHeader1)
self:CreateRaidFrame("PRHeader6", "Mage", "MAGE", nil, PRHeader1)
self:CreateRaidFrame("PRHeader7", "Warlock", "WARLOCK", nil, PRHeader1)
self:CreateRaidFrame("PRHeader8", "Hunter", "HUNTER", nil, PRHeader1)

and it works !!! look ! ==>
(random ab. just to check)
still i am haveing some problems. as u can see no loladin, shaman and droodz in raid so there is an empty space below priest , above rogues ( reserved for them)( any1 foudn how to fix this? glad to hear), know it isnt some big deal...but would be nice to find way to fix this
about group header names. i will try to work it out by myself :| well. at least try to
gj and keep going !! best raid ui out there

edit: assuming i will borther u with my silly question for some time i put up an avatar

Last edited by raziel666 : 01-08-07 at 02:25 PM.
01-08-07, 03:18 PM   #179
Nahamnessa
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
The code you have should be edited a bit. Since you are displaying Shaman and Paladin you will have to increment that number. You can't use 3 for both of them.
It should look something like the below (Note that I change the order to make abit more sense for raiding/grouping purposes. You can order them however you want, just make sure you edit the number part of the name of your PRHeader frames.)

Code:
self:CreateRaidFrame("PRHeader3", "Druid", "DRUID", nil, PRHeader1)
self:CreateRaidFrame("PRHeader4", "Pally", "PALADIN", nil, PRHeader1)
self:CreateRaidFrame("PRHeader5", "Shaman", "SHAMAN", nil, PRHeader1)
self:CreateRaidFrame("PRHeader6", "Rogue", "ROGUE", nil, PRHeader1)
self:CreateRaidFrame("PRHeader7", "Mage", "MAGE", nil, PRHeader1)
self:CreateRaidFrame("PRHeader8", "Warlock", "WARLOCK", nil, PRHeader1)
self:CreateRaidFrame("PRHeader9", "Hunter", "HUNTER", nil, PRHeader1)
01-08-07, 03:51 PM   #180
Caprica
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Cladhaire
Because the code you posted is a gross bastardization of what it should be. You're iterating and making 64 raid frames, not to mention the 8 group frames you're making.
No offence meant here Cladhair but perhaps you need to learn some people skills -- on the otherhand keep up the good work - excellent mod!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » PerfectRaid 2.0 Discussion/Help