06-03-06, 10:21 PM   #1
Silversage
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
PlayOn ManHunt -- Official Thread

Download here: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...php?s=&id=5020

ManHunt makes the tracking "dots" in the minimap target-by-clicking. Obviously useful for hunters. And for cat durids. And for clicking on your party/raid members in the minimap. Should also work for anyone using Detect Undead/Demon elixirs. Yeah, it works for targeting quest NPCs, if you're ever really that lost.

As of the most recent release (they've been coming fast and furious in the last few days), it's possible to customize the colors displayed and to format for extra information based on the type of character, but I need to write up a description of how to do it.

Of course, I'd appreciate any feedback on how to improve ManHunt.

--Q
06-08-06, 02:55 PM   #2
Silversage
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
As of version 11000.6, tooltip color and format can be changed for members of a particular guild, and guild name can be included in any tooltips.
06-14-06, 07:06 AM   #3
Fritty
A Cyclonian
I posted some errors I was having on your portal...
When changing to some of my ItemRack outfits I get an error in ManHunt at line 163: attempt to index a nil value. The outfits that cause the error are the ones closest to the minimap (outfit changing can be controlled from a dropdown of icons representing outfits from a minimap button) if that might make a difference?

I get the error on both my druid and my hunter...always by choosing outfits closest to the minimap.
I get a line 163 error: attempt to index a nil error when I close my ingame map (opened using "M") with the 'x' in the upper right corner.
Okay it seems like I get the line 163 nil error whenever I click near the minimap but am not actually clicking on the minimap, if that makes sense.
08-03-06, 06:53 AM   #4
arovane
A Kobold Labourer
I may have your answer Fritty

Originally Posted by Fritty
I posted some errors I was having on your portal...
I ran into a problem when I loaded up ManHunt on my setup, I got the OnLoad() fine but nothing happened when I clicked.

When I looked at the code something popped out.

Code:
function POMH:ExtractNamesIfProbablyMinimapTooltip(withColorsStripped)
	if (MouseIsOver(MinimapCluster) and GetMouseFocus():GetName() == 'Minimap
I detached my minimap from the cluster and hid the rest of it.. So even though I could
see the dots on my minimap, and the map itself, I wasn't getting any reaction to clicks.

I changed it to..

Code:
function POMH:ExtractNamesIfProbablyMinimapTooltip(withColorsStripped)
	if (MouseIsOver(Minimap) and GetMouseFocus():GetName() == 'Minimap
And it started working.

I would suspect your problem is an event inheritence issue and will be fixed by this change. By default it'll pick up a click on anything inside the MinimapCluster, so if you click a pixel outside the mailbox icon or something MinimapCluster picks it up?

Just a guess.
08-03-06, 10:43 AM   #5
Silversage
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Thanks for the detective work. I've submitted a version 11000.7 incorporating your suggestion.
08-04-06, 11:49 AM   #6
Silversage
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
POMH and PvP

Originally posted by Pingu
I just have one question does POMH allow you to target the other faction on the map or does it not come up? I have a lot of addons and I'm trying to figure out which one's more important for PvP. BTW Nice job it's a very helpful addon. Thanks.
You can target the other faction on the map, assuming you're a hunter or a cat durid, and you have tracking on. By default, POMH changes the color of their name to red.
12-10-06, 11:50 PM   #7
orval1
A Kobold Labourer
Do you have any intention of updating this mod for v2.0?
12-18-07, 09:59 AM   #8
Silversage
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
As far as I know, it's not possible for PO ManHunt to operate under 2.x.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » PlayOn ManHunt -- Official Thread