10-13-06, 09:07 AM   #1
Illidan'sFate
A Murloc Raider

Are GM powers illegal for players?

i was just wondering if GM powers are illegal for other players to use....and if so how can they tell?
10-13-06, 09:20 AM   #2
shinzon
A Fallenroot Satyr
no only a gamemaster can. players are not allowed to have anything close to that kind of power if they do they use cheats wich can get there accounts banned
and it says so in the user agrement if you have read it
10-26-06, 04:57 AM   #3
Iggeth
A Murloc Raider
Errr, I think you should read your topic there a little closer... GM powers are for, well, GM's. No one else even has access to them, nor are there any cheats or hacks which would allow you that kind of power. GM accounts are all recognised by Blizzard servers, which gives them special in-game powers. There is no way that you would be able to do it. Bad luck.

Iggeth
11-09-06, 08:38 AM   #4
Kiralyn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
GM powers...

I just saw Nacho Libre...so I keep thinking of the part of the movie where El Skeleto says to Nacho: "Summon your Eagle powers!!" /cackle
11-09-06, 02:43 PM   #5
Wikwocket
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I don't know if GM "powers" are tied to a special version of the client they have, or a special account type they have, or to a special "GM" class that the standard clients do not have access to.

But regardless, these powers are off-limits to players, and they would probably take notice if anyone got access to them somehow.
11-09-06, 03:26 PM   #6
Diurnos
A Cyclonian
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
gm powers are server side , whereas a specific gm account has a 'gm level' attached to it and the higher the level the more power the gm has (normal players have like 0 power and a gm has 99 power for example) and the setting of the gm level is server side

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Are GM powers illegal for players?