12-18-09, 07:02 AM   #1
alivejamie
A Murloc Raider
Quest Area Overlays and Tracking?

As a skinner/hunter I have the ability to track different mob types which will show on the minimap, but if they're in what carbonite decides to be a quest area I get that overlay, which is nice but when I try to hover over the mobs the QuestArea overlay is on top of it, so I end up highlighting the quest area rather than seeing what I'm tracking.

Is there a way to either A) Draw the icons on top of the quest area overlay or B) disable the quest area overlay

12-21-09, 05:47 PM   #2
daneth_x
A Murloc Raider
I think all you need to do is stop tracking that quest and it will disable the overlay.

12-21-09, 06:07 PM   #3
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Here's some info from the CarboniteReadMe.txt file in the main Carbonite directory. Bolded section is what you want.

Quest Watch List

The watch window is draggable but not sizeable. It grows and shrinks as needed based on the quests you are currently watching. The Watch window can be made into a sizeable scrolling list if "Use fixed size list" is checked in the Quest Watch page of the Options window.

The green button toggles if all watched quests will be shown on the map and is on by default.

The purple "Auto Track" button will target the highest priority quest objective and updates dynamically as you move. Priority is based on distance, quest level and if the quest is complete.

The yellow/blue "Quest Givers" button shows Quest Giver icons on the map. Normal ones are shown as parchment icons. Daily quest givers as blue ! icons.

Button colors:
Dark yellow = No givers
Yellow = Quest givers and daily givers
Blue = Daily givers

The white "Show Party Quests" button determines if quests from other party members with Carbonite will also be shown in the Watch List.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Quest Area Overlays and Tracking?