Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7

08-01-08, 08:03 AM   #802
erica647
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Wow... I see buttons on your screen! :P Looks great!

08-01-08, 10:28 PM   #803
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I didn't like the no-buttons thing. The UI felt empty.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7

08-03-08, 08:43 AM   #804
disiz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

nu rogue:

08-03-08, 09:55 PM   #805
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

Man time flies. Been on a very long break (Much needed). Came back to check up on the cool new uis and i got very excited when i saw the new Roth UI. Ive been tweaking it to my liking still working on it ill have some screenies of it shortly when i figure out what im doing with the unit frames. Check it out tho great ui

Here we are. Customized to my tastes(for now anyways) Still comming up with cool orb backgrounds

Last edited by Elloria : 08-04-08 at 10:59 AM.

08-04-08, 02:09 PM   #806
Constie
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Constie View Post
Solo, no target: http://xs129.xs.to/xs129/08313/wowsc..._135210929.jpg

Party: http://xs129.xs.to/xs129/08313/wowsc..._134831724.jpg

Raid: http://xs129.xs.to/xs129/08313/wowsc..._134843951.jpg

I'm also using MSBT, but keeping it minimalistic - only having it show information that will change what I do in a fight, like spell resists and such. Will be fun to see if I can keep from adding anything else once I actually start grouping regularly on this character.
Redid this:

In combat:

No target, idle, addons:

Target's name text is coloured red when it's more than 36 yards away, yellow if it's 25-36 and green if 24 or closer, for Mind Blast and Mind Flay range indication. The empty space in my player frame will show threat when I get Threat-2.0.

08-04-08, 02:38 PM   #807
def9
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Here's my current look.

http://www.def9.com/wow/main.jpg

09-17-08, 12:56 AM   #808
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

Newest wip just started it tonight tell me what yall think

updated :

Last edited by Elloria : 09-17-08 at 11:26 PM.

09-24-08, 01:13 AM   #809
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Elloria View Post
Newest wip just started it tonight tell me what yall think

don't suppose you could share that one right? i love the looks of it, even though i'm a person who tends to have about 6 action bars on screen, but i think that'll be adjustable ones i can get a hold of that art work

09-27-08, 02:53 AM   #810
Fearlezz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

09-27-08, 04:02 AM   #811
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by contramundi View Post
don't suppose you could share that one right? i love the looks of it, even though i'm a person who tends to have about 6 action bars on screen, but i think that'll be adjustable ones i can get a hold of that art work
Heh funny you mention. I just started working on this ui again tonight. Decided to change the art just a tad. The big buttons just didnt seem to go as well as i planned.

09-27-08, 05:17 AM   #812
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

what about just using them as artwork to split those things up instead of actually being there as real buttons?

i mean the artwork is great and i love your work on the custom UI's, and if you ask me the 2 screenshots look finished enough to give it a try

btw, what actionbar addon are you using there? and are you using cycircled or buttonfacade? is it possible to switch from rounded buttons to square buttons once you are done with the UI, since i never could get used to the round buttons (always found square buttons a bit less vague than round ones), or is the button skinning thingy built into the artwork?

Btw, if you need a beta tester for your UI's just gimme a shout, if all things go well i should have myself a new graphic card by the end of the day wich should be able to have a bigger res than 1280x1024 (think it had a max of 2500x1600 or something)

one last thing....... hope the basic UI addons (align/eepanels/unitframes) will be updated for WOTLK as soon as possible (if they haven't done so), otherwise it would be a waste of time to spend a lot of time in creating an UI wich won't work in WOTLK

Greetz,

CM

Last edited by contramundi : 09-27-08 at 05:29 AM.

09-27-08, 12:24 PM   #813
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback. I actually liked having the buttons square i know what you mean about the circle buttons. I use trinity bars 2.0 and button facade. I believe all the addons im using in this ui are already updated. (with the exception of discord unit frames god i hope they don't break .)

Not sure what you mean about the art could you elaborate? I gotta run and do some errands but ill be back in just a little bit :P

thanks again

09-28-08, 02:04 PM   #814
Eas
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Opinions please!

Just made this UI and I'm looking for some opinions. It's far from complete, I just have the base put together. Still need boss mods / buff mods / key bindings and all that.

Any opinions and criticism are welcome, just lemme know what you think!

09-28-08, 02:39 PM   #815
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

well, to be honest, people can criticise and comment as much as they want but the true greatness in a custom build UI is the fact that it looks just the way you actually want it to look

every single person has his or her own opinion on what should be in an UI, or what shouldn't, so i will start of with placing my comment

the looks on your UI are really neat and its lovely minimalistic without actually throwing away too much info on screen, and i would say, keep up the good work

buffmod: i would implement DoTimer (or ellipsis) and ofcourse Smartbuff (for it keeps track of your buff food / pots / castable buffs in any given circumstance, and when missing you only need to click a button to get it)

bossmods: Deadly Boss Mods (also if its going to be focused on raiding i would suggest to put in IHML as well, since that one is a one button macro addon, it has a huge database with boss macros built in and switches based upon location/deadly boss mod's given info)

btw, what kind of unitframes are you using and is that ZMDB you use for the 3d models?

i'm also seeing those ugly buttons beside the chat window partially off-screen, are you using a chat addon like prat or phanxchat? these hide those buttons, make the chat scrollable and even put the editbox on top. If you plan on using one i would advise PhanxChat, its a bit tricky to remember the commands everytime, but the basic install of it works pretty smoothly withouth any config needed.

one last question, what did you do about your minimap buttons?

(i might be interested in stealing some of your stuff to implement in my UI once you released your version :P )

Greetz,

CM

Last edited by contramundi : 09-28-08 at 02:47 PM.

09-28-08, 03:02 PM   #816
Eas

well, to be honest, people can criticise and comment as much as they want but the true greatness in a custom build UI is the fact that it looks just the way you actually want it to look

every single person has his or her own opinion on what should be in an UI, or what shouldn't, so i will start of with placing my comment
I know all that, but I just like to know what people think. If I didn't like what they had to say, oh well, it's still their opinion and I can decide to ignore it or not.

the looks on your UI are really neat and its lovely minimalistic without actually throwing away too much info on screen, and i would say, keep up the good work
Thanks I've never tried such a minimalist feel, so I thought it might be something fun to try out.

buffmod: i would implement DoTimer (or ellipsis) and ofcourse Smartbuff (for it keeps track of your buff food / pots / castable buffs in any given circumstance, and when missing you only need to click a button to get it)
I just threw in Satrina Buff Frames 2, and it looks good to my taste.

bossmods: Deadly Boss Mods (also if its going to be focused on raiding i would suggest to put in IHML as well, since that one is a one button macro addon, it has a huge database with boss macros built in and switches based upon location/deadly boss mod's given info)
Just put in Bigwigs as well. Dunno what it is about that mod, but you'll never take it from me! Ha ha.

what kind of unitframes are you using and is that ZMDB you use for the 3d models?
It's ZMDB mixed with Pitbull. Always been a Pitbull fan, and never tried ZMDB. Worked out much better than I had expected

i'm also seeing those ugly buttons beside the chat window partially off-screen, are you using a chat addon like prat or phanxchat? these hide those buttons, make the chat scrollable and even put the editbox on top. If you plan on using one i would advise PhanxChat, its a bit tricky to remember the commands everytime, but the basic install of it works pretty smoothly withouth any config needed.
Haven't gotten around to putting a chat addon in yet. I want something lighweight. Always used Prat before, but that just has too much for my liking. Just want something simple.

one last question, what did you do about your minimap buttons?

(i might be interested in stealing some of your stuff to implement in my UI once you released your version :P )
Haven't done anything with minimap buttons yet. No fubar, haven't turned any of them on or off. What's there is what I've gotten so far.

Thanks again for the help. Ill probably post a more complete screenshot later tonight after raids. Might even post the whole thing if I like the feedback I get.

09-28-08, 04:57 PM   #817
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

Eas, I think it looks really nice.

For a chat addon, have you looked at PhanxChat?

09-28-08, 05:07 PM   #818
Eas

Just got Phanxchat. Already love it. Easy setup and everything.

Glad ya like it

09-28-08, 09:26 PM   #819
littlebuddha79
An Onyxian Warder

Here is my new one.

09-29-08, 01:23 PM   #820
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Elloria View Post
Awesome! Thanks for the feedback. I actually liked having the buttons square i know what you mean about the circle buttons. I use trinity bars 2.0 and button facade. I believe all the addons im using in this ui are already updated. (with the exception of discord unit frames god i hope they don't break .)

Not sure what you mean about the art could you elaborate? I gotta run and do some errands but ill be back in just a little bit :P

thanks again

well. what i meant with the art was that since you talked about not being able to get the big buttons to work as they should be doing, and i honestly thought you meant:

so why not just use them there as decoration pieces instead of being actual buttons? they are really cool to finish off the bottom of the action bar with

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Screen Shots of your UI...