01-21-10, 10:15 PM   #1
ktr10009
A Defias Bandit
Installing someones UI and RAR files????

OK I was trying to install
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...0-StaciUI.html

Staci UI UPDATED 01/04/09

res. 1680x1050
New UFs of Awesomeness

Hey everyone, this is my UI.
Due to a lot of requests i decided to upload my compilation of addons that i use for Raiding / Arena PvP.

I tried to keep everything on the screen as clear as possible but also have a lot of displays for almost everything thats going on around my character.
Memory usage should be around 7 mb in raids - 20mb with Blizzaddons.

AddOn list:

[SIZE="1"
- Dominos + ButtonFacade: Actionbars
- Forte Xorcist: Cooldownbar / Spelltimers
- Gladius: Arenaframe
- Grid: Raidframe
- LoseControl - Icon for CC Debuffs in PvP for me and my Focus
- MikScrollingBattleText - Combat text
- AzCastBar- Castbars
- SpellAlerter - Spellalert :P
- ShadowedUnitFrames - Unitframes
- TipTop - Tooltip[/size]

There are some more little AddOns which mainly change visual things.

Install:

- Backup your WTF and Interface Folder.
- Unzip my UI into your World of Warcraft directory.
- Rename YOURACCOUNTNAME, Servername, Playername in the WTF Folder.
- Delete all Forte_Classnames for classes you don't play in the AddOn Folder.

Login, hit esc and head to the Interface options and Load the Profiles for every AddOn that isn't configured.
Type /rl to reload the interface after loading each profile.

You might also want to immediately change some of the Video options, because i play at very High settings.

Some of the AddOns Profiles can only be loaded via slashcommands.

- AzCastBar- /acb
- ForteXorcist - /fortewarlock
- MSBT - /msbt
- Grid - /grid config

So that's it.
Hope you'll enjoy my UI.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Above: her page telling how to install...it says to Unzip her folder but it's a RAR file and every time I click to "open" the file it opens the internet then gives me the option to "save" or 'Open" the exact same file again...like a never ending cycle.

My 2nd problem is it says "- Unzip my UI into your World of Warcraft directory.".......... What is the Directory I don't see any files named it..is it just the first screen of files when you click on your wow folder?

3rd problem isI have no clue why how what I'm supposed to do with the renaming my server name and everything Atm It is named my old account name do I change it to my Email addres (after blizzard made me change myaccount name into my email address) The charcter names and realm names are all correct. do I still have to change them?

4th...tbh Idk what this is exactly...tell me if I'm correct, this will load the profiles from "staci" so I have all the correct settings on the listed addons...correct?

TYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTy soooo much, any tid-bit helps TONS...I'm about ready to toss my keyboard in the trash...and I thought work was stressful! Thanks again, I really appreciate you reading and posting! I'm 100% lost.
01-21-10, 10:32 PM   #2
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well to possibly solve the never ending cycle issue you can get an application called 7-zip which can handle the rar files and has the added benefit of being free. Hit it up on google.

The world of warcraft directory is the place where wow is installed. To confirm its location just right click your desktop icon ( im assuming your on windows) and select properties. This should show you the location its installed to.

As for renaming your account name you do use your original account name not the email address you now use. When you install the folders to the proper locations they will just have names as listed int he description. You will need to change them to what your current ones are as they will be replaced.

To load the profiles you go in to the configuration for the addon and set the profiles. They will be under the interface button (then select the addons tab at the top) you see located there.

Login, hit esc and head to the Interface options and Load the Profiles for every AddOn that isn't configured.
Also,

Some of the AddOns Profiles can only be loaded via slashcommands.

- AzCastBar- /acb
- ForteXorcist - /fortewarlock
- MSBT - /msbt
- Grid - /grid config
Hope that helps some.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
01-21-10, 10:41 PM   #3
ktr10009
A Defias Bandit
Thanks a million! that didn't just help some..it well, helped heaps!
01-21-10, 10:52 PM   #4
ktr10009
A Defias Bandit
Is there any way to rank someone up or leave [+] feedback on another poster, I'd love to do something nice in return, I'd be bashing my head agisnt the wall still if it wasn't for you
01-21-10, 11:04 PM   #5
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Don't think there is but its also not necessary. Glad to have helped.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Installing someones UI and RAR files????