08-12-10, 11:10 AM   #1
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Need help testing FreeShout.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...FreeShout.html

I released this earlier today and it works perfectly for me, but for one of my friends, the reminder won't go away in combat even when he has the shout buffed. Our talents and all are the same and I'm utterly clueless as to what could be causing this.

I'd appreciate some testers to see if it works properly, and if not, perhaps help me debug it.
08-12-10, 04:05 PM   #2
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Seems to be working fine for me. Only tried it on the low lvl mobs outside of org. But that should not matter. As for your friend, have him disable all his addons except this one and see what happens.
08-12-10, 04:44 PM   #3
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
Are you sure it is not working or is it just greater blessing of might(the improved one overwrites battle shout, iirc)?

By the way, your OnEvent is slightly inefficient in that it also triggers updates for every unit in your raid, and targets etc when their aura's change.
Code:
if event == "UNIT_AURA" and ... ~= "player" then return end
08-13-10, 02:18 AM   #4
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Thanks for the replies. I did ask him to disable all other addons, but it changed nothing.

mrruben5, if the battle shout mode is on the addon also checks for (greater) blessing of might, so it can't be that - he didn't have that buff on him, either.

Thank you for the efficiency remark. I've added UNIT_ENTERING_VEHICLE and UNIT_EXITING_VEHICLE too, because otherwise they'll also fire for other raid units.

Code:
if (event == "UNIT_AURA" or event == "UNIT_ENTERING_VEHICLE" or event == "UNIT_EXITED_VEHICLE") and ... ~= "player" then return end
08-13-10, 06:06 AM   #5
Sideshow
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

you are using spell id's - it could be another id

it is of course the most elegant way, but checking simply on buff names instead, will never ever be wrong... string "Battle Shout" is always the same, no matter what level, rank or talents ...
08-13-10, 06:16 AM   #6
yj589794
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
you are using spell id's - it could be another id

it is of course the most elegant way, but checking simply on buff names instead, will never ever be wrong... string "Battle Shout" is always the same, no matter what level, rank or talents ...

Even on non-English game clients? I'd be surprised if the strings were not localised.
08-13-10, 06:20 AM   #7
yj589794
Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...FreeShout.html

I released this earlier today and it works perfectly for me, but for one of my friends, the reminder won't go away in combat even when he has the shout buffed. Our talents and all are the same and I'm utterly clueless as to what could be causing this.

I'd appreciate some testers to see if it works properly, and if not, perhaps help me debug it.
You are only checking for the highest rank of the aura. Might be worth checking the lower ranks and giving a warning that a higher rank is available.

Also, get your friend to check the rank of shout they are using. (learning a new spell rank in dual-spec is known to cause spell rank issues when switching to the other spec)

-------

Your commanding shout check is searching for the lowest rank of the aura, I suspect you meant to check for the highest rank

Last edited by yj589794 : 08-13-10 at 06:23 AM. Reason: added commanding shout stuff
08-13-10, 06:23 AM   #8
Ailae

It's using the localized name for each buff. GetSpellInfo(id) returns the localized name as its first return.
08-13-10, 06:30 AM   #9
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
As far as I know GetSpellInfo will work on any rank and shouldn't affect the functionality, right? I've tried it on both a level 80 and a level 2 warrior, it doesn't make a difference.

I checked with my friend and his spell ranks are the same, so I really don't know what can be causing this.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Need help testing FreeShout.