02-09-09, 02:35 PM   #1
Dooble
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Quest Mod

Since they added the achievements, I was wondering if there was a quest mod out there that would help me find quests I have / have'nt done in any particular zone. Something with a list would be great, cross referencing with quests I have already done. Thank you in advance.
02-09-09, 02:58 PM   #2
Duugu
Premium Member

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That's not possible.
02-09-09, 03:43 PM   #3
Dooble
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Thanks for being so short and sweet. My point was not to just find out that, more to provide a guideline for what I was looking for. For instance, if a quest mod provided a list of quests for a current zone, then I could go into that zone and go to the quest givers. If I could not get the quest, then obviously I have done it, then if the mod allowed, I could deselect (clear / delete) it from the list and move on to the next one. So on and so forth.

So, is there a quest mod out there, that could give me tools and options for something like that?

Last edited by Dooble : 02-09-09 at 03:47 PM.
02-09-09, 05:14 PM   #4
jaliborc
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Duugu View Post
That's not possible.

Yes, it's possible, but the addon would have to come with a database full of quests of every zone. Maybe you could try TourGuide?
02-09-09, 06:59 PM   #5
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
Carbonite Quest
Quest Helper

Both have Quest databases. They can show you where every quest is in the game. Problem I find though is it also shows quests that you can never actually get and also it shows the different parts of chain quests and it does not tell you what the first quest needed in the chain is.

Only real problem is unless you install the addon when you roll a new character it can not get info on quests you have actually done. That info is not available to addons.

Also don't forget that you can now track low level quests with the tracking ability too.
02-09-09, 07:47 PM   #6
littlebuddha79
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
EveryQuest has a list of quests by zone for Horde and Alliance. I'm not sure if EveryQuest has Lightheaded support though. I know QuestHelper and Carbonite Quest both give info on quests you have, and have some sort fo database for the information they provide, but don't know of any way to access the actual databas in game. The paid version of Carbonite I know has a database of every zone and also has Lightheaded support for that database. You would need the lightheaded support to minimize your searching and needless running around, because when you look at a quest in lightheaded, it gives you the entire series of quests in the main window, so you know whether or not to waste your time running to pick up that quest or not depending on if there are prerequisites for it. If it's the 4th quest in a chain and you have not yet been to the quest giver for the 1st part, why run and see if you can pick up the 4th...start from the beginning.

For planning ahead I suggest getting an addon that records quest history. The ones I know of that do this are QuestGuru (full quest log and tracker replacement with history built into the quest log), EveryQuest (not built into the quest log, but built into the addon frame as a separate tab), and Carbonite (the paid version...same as questguru, but built in and included with the rest of the addon). I'm sure there are a few more I don't know about if you do a little searching, but this should help out a bit, hopefully.
02-09-09, 07:52 PM   #7
Cyn325
A Theradrim Guardian

Actually I believe EveryQuest is designed to work with Lightheaded. It won't tell you if you've done a quest previous to its installment but you can go in & mark the ones you know you've completed.

Last edited by Cyn325 : 02-09-09 at 07:55 PM.
02-09-09, 09:43 PM   #8
Dooble
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Thank you all for replying. I actually already do use Quest Guru and yes, I do like it very much, especially for recording quests and logging ones I have dropped. I will check out those others to and see if there is something I can work with.
02-09-09, 09:53 PM   #9
Dooble
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Just figured Id post this for anyone wanting to know, but Every Quest is perfect for what I was looking for. Just select a zone and it brings up a list and you can then mark them however you want (Ignore, Completed, etc...) or if you haven't done it, it will mark them automatically. Personally, though I am still going to use Quest Guru in conjunction with this, for the quest tracker and to record completed quests and dropped quests. Again thank you all for helping me out.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Quest Mod