02-12-07, 05:22 AM   #1
zodiacus
A Murloc Raider
when at vendor, is there an option to sell all grey items automatically??

and when in battle, can i make the text smaller, example> ogre cast frostbolt, the text shows very big.

Last edited by zodiacus : 02-12-07 at 05:49 AM.

02-12-07, 06:55 AM   #2
iljott
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by zodiacus
when at vendor, is there an option to sell all grey items automatically??

and when in battle, can i make the text smaller, example> ogre cast frostbolt, the text shows very big.
When at the vendor, there's an icon which looks like the Windows XP Recycle Bin --> that sells all grey items automatically. There's also garbagefu which deletes the grey items you want (if you need to make space in your inventory while questing).

You can make the text smaller, but you'll have to tinker with the settings in Scrolling Combat Text and Scrolling Combat Damage /sct and /sctd (iirc) in order to do so... You'll find more info on how exactly to do this if you look up the addons from an addon site such as wowinterface.com.

02-07-07, 01:11 PM   #3
joypunk
A Scalebane Royal Guard
Folks, a LOT has changed from 0.75... you probably shouldn't use that for a reference at all. MazzleUI 1.0 is all new and shiny, comparing it to 0.75 is like comparing a Boeing 747 to the Kitty Hawk. Both are airplanes and provide the same function, but they're waaaaay different.

Originally Posted by pokyoky
Hi,
Enjoying the interface so far, have 2 systems, one with only a 17" monitor at 1024 by 768
On this monitor mazz sets up at ui scale of .64, everything is very small, cant read text
Is there an easy way to enlarge this?
On the very first page of the Mazzifier, there is a question about what size text you want to use. Normal, Large, or Mr. Magoo.

02-07-07, 01:28 PM   #4
pokyoky
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by joypunk
Folks, a LOT has changed from 0.75... you probably shouldn't use that for a reference at all. MazzleUI 1.0 is all new and shiny, comparing it to 0.75 is like comparing a Boeing 747 to the Kitty Hawk. Both are airplanes and provide the same function, but they're waaaaay different.

On the very first page of the Mazzifier, there is a question about what size text you want to use. Normal, Large, or Mr. Magoo.

Thanks,
I changed that to large but thought that was only for the chat font, i am talking about the whole ui, everything else is at smallest possible ui scale

But i will play with that some more when i get home

02-07-07, 01:46 PM   #5
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thanks,
I changed that to large but thought that was only for the chat font, i am talking about the whole ui, everything else is at smallest possible ui scale

But i will play with that some more when i get home
Read the FAQ.

02-07-07, 02:42 PM   #6
jeegro
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
Read the FAQ.
This answer is in the FAQ, however things DO seem really small, and when I change from Full screen to windowed (mac) things get put out of place. Is there any way to make everything larger short of remapping the positions of every element?

1440x900 (1.66 ratio) on a Macbook Pro

02-07-07, 04:55 PM   #7
pokyoky
A Cyclonian
Read the FAQ.
Apologies if i did not make myself cleaer in the original post. I have read the FAQ.

Since i am not willing to resize every element and make updating a nightmare I will have to go back to my old UI. This one looks great and is very useable on my system with a big monitor, but sadly .64 UI scale on a 17" monitor on my second computer is unuseable.

All i am asking is consider something in the range of .8 to .85 for small monitors.

02-08-07, 09:36 AM   #8
Pr1De
A Fallenroot Satyr
Read the FAQ.
I read through the FAQ's last night and it seems that the answer to enlarging the non-text related ui, it the cool 3D images, buttons, etc, is that it can not be easily done. Or, basically, more or less impossible to do.

I installed the mod last night, and forwarded it to 3 friends who also all installed it. The general consensus seems to be that this is an incredible mod, the only limitation being that none of us old farts can see it, lol. Not talkin about just the font either, that is set to Mr. Magoo (to damn funny!), but rather stuff like the timers on the buffs, armor durability values, buttons, etc.

Still an incredible mod, but I am on the fence about using it because of this, I know one friend went back to his old ui, and the other 2 were still playing around with it when I logged last night.

Edit: Wanted to add that Mazzle's answer was in response to the question of how to enlarge non-font related UI (this may have been obvious from my post, but...)

Last edited by Pr1De : 02-08-07 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Quoting Mazzles Quote of Someone else

03-09-07, 10:40 PM   #9
Wordsmith99
A Defias Bandit

Lesser Race with Squinty Eyes Seeks Size-Related Help

Hi,
Enjoying the interface so far, have 2 systems, one with only a 17" monitor at 1024 by 768
On this monitor mazz sets up at ui scale of .64, everything is very small, cant read text
Read the FAQ.
Okay. As a night elf, I understand that I am already at a disadvantage here. Genetics can only take one so far. Perhaps Elune will overlook my next life and the powers that be will gift me with Gnomish features. Nevertheless, Arclight Spanner in hand, I find myself in search of guidance to compensate for my heritage.

It's the age-old "It's too small!" complaint. Not that, you perverts. The UI text. More specifically, most anything not appearing in the chat boxes. I'm loathe to resize the UI itself, as it's not recommended and would make future updates of Mazzle problematic.

I have read the FAQ, both in game (squinting unsuccessfully) and on the MazzleUI homepage (more successfully). I upped my size to Mr. Magoo to no avail. I attempted to route my troubles to the ClearFont2 answer, but I find that there aren't any settings for ClearFont2 in MazzleOptions. Just an on or off button, which after testing it, left me unhappy with the results. I have upped the size of my chat fonts to a comfortable setting, but attempting to see the text around either of the two three-dimensional models (like the experience bar on the left-hand side one) just becomes an exercise in hunching closer and closer to the monitor.

I'm beginning to think that my problem stems from my 17" 1024x768 view of the world. I have adjusted to other ratios, but it either remains the same or increases the eye-strain. Despite a lack of pupils, this is still a problem, to my dismay. So I will continue to comb the FAQ and forums for a solution, but I thought I would post here in reply to someone with a similar situation that ended with a "See FAQ" answer in the hopes that steady Gnomish hands might point me in the right direction, even if it's just towards Best Buy for a larger monitor.

On a positive note, I'd like to compliment the UI as a whole. It's beautifully put together and has been helping me get off of my mouse-based playing style (but mice are just too darned cute!) and into a more efficient hotkey-based one.

I pray that the answer was not right in front of me, as is so often the case and beg your pardon if it indeed was.

I salute you, Mazzle and friends for your dedication, ingenuity and above all, patience.
/salute
/bow

Lythanna
40NE Rogue - UTHER

Edit: Font color returned to white.

Last edited by Wordsmith99 : 03-10-07 at 02:06 AM.

06-07-07, 07:19 AM   #10
Wonders
A Murloc Raider
Bongos 2 working?

In an effort to try to keep things updated, I'm considering updating from Bongos to Bongos 2. Has anyone that has done this experienced any issues? A friend said they lost the use of clique when they did this, but I'm not really sure how that could be.

04-30-07, 12:42 AM   #11
darko265
A Cyclonian

Hi,
when u mazzifi u should of selected one of the larger options of text...Mr .maagoo ro something like that is the largest

i still such a low lvl

Withren is my main now because i give up on characters very easy but it's just i found tirant boring as a paladin (i'm sure some people think they're great but they're not for everybody)

I now love hunters

02-07-07, 01:10 PM   #12
raznarbe
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
One thing that I can't seem to find in the faq or instructions is how to get rid of that bar on the far right of the screen that seems to show everything equiped. I'm not quite sure as to what mod or add-on that even is. thanks

02-07-07, 01:11 PM   #13
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by raznarbe
One thing that I can't seem to find in the faq or instructions is how to get rid of that bar on the far right of the screen that seems to show everything equiped. I'm not quite sure as to what mod or add-on that even is. thanks
There's a circle button right below that bar... click it.

02-07-07, 01:29 PM   #14
Effin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Gelos Item rack

The bar on the right side is gelos item rack and there is a 'hot spot' to click to show or hide your item rack.

The art on the bottom has hidden 'spots' . Mouseover the round corners and you will get tooltips. The Item rack one is basically right below the bar it relates to.

Hope this helps.

02-07-07, 01:45 PM   #15
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

DAB had something called control boxes. They were basically little buttons you can use to run scripts to do things like choose which page to use in your bars. I used them in previous layouts to do the Offensive/Healing, Fire/Frost, etc type buttons.

The bad news is that Bongos doesn't have any such buttons. The good news is that most layouts still have those extra pages of skills so you can swap between those modes. You just have to do it in a different way.

To do it in this version of the UI, you'll need to use the normal WoW mechanisms to switch pages. By default, you can use shift-mousewheel, shift-uparrow or shift-downarrow to change pages. You can also make binding to go to a specific page. I think all of these bindings are in the Action Bar section of key bindings.

A couple notes.
  • Hunters can no longer automatically switch between ranged and melee pages based on distance to the target. As a result, I added a binding to let them do it faster, namely the "F" key.
  • I think I took out the extra pages on the priest layout. There was a bug before that I thought was caused by it, but I think I was wrong. I'll probably re-add it when I do the button review to add BC spells.
  • Most of this information is available in either the release notes or the FAQ. But the release notes for this version are extremely long, so I suppose I shouldn't expect a super-close reading of it.

02-07-07, 01:57 PM   #16
Draynr
A Defias Bandit
DAB had something called control boxes. They were basically little buttons you can use to run scripts to do things like choose which page to use in your bars. I used them in previous layouts to do the Offensive/Healing, Fire/Frost, etc type buttons.

The bad news is that Bongos doesn't have any such buttons. The good news is that most layouts still have those extra pages of skills so you can swap between those modes. You just have to do it in a different way.

To do it in this version of the UI, you'll need to use the normal WoW mechanisms to switch pages. By default, you can use shift-mousewheel, shift-uparrow or shift-downarrow to change pages. You can also make binding to go to a specific page. I think all of these bindings are in the Action Bar section of key bindings.

A couple notes.
  • Hunters can no longer automatically switch between ranged and melee pages based on distance to the target. As a result, I added a binding to let them do it faster, namely the "F" key.
  • I think I took out the extra pages on the priest layout. There was a bug before that I thought was caused by it, but I think I was wrong. I'll probably re-add it when I do the button review to add BC spells.
  • Most of this information is available in either the release notes or the FAQ. But the release notes for this version are extremely long, so I suppose I shouldn't expect a super-close reading of it.
Thanks a ton Mazzle!

02-07-07, 03:07 PM   #17
Dorlas
A Murloc Raider
hello

for beginn sorry for my bad english

I have ja question, I want to move the minimap on the right site
can i make it ?

This is the best ui ever

mfg

Dorlas

02-07-07, 03:22 PM   #18
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Dorlas
I have ja question, I want to move the minimap on the right site can i make it ?
No, you cannot easily do that.

02-15-07, 03:21 PM   #19
Siolenas
Premium Member
Premium Member
I just have one question. Which slot do you put the food in so your pet can see it when says <pets name > Searches your bag for food but doesnt find any.

02-15-07, 04:37 PM   #20
dystrophy
A Cyclonian
I'm having an issue with MazzleUI in a raid. The raid frames at the bottom of the screen are all overlapping each other. In a 10-man raid I have a total of I think it was 4 frames visible. 3 on the left of target window and 1 on the right side. I can see the names of all the raid members crammed on top of each other in these frames. Any idea how I can fix the layout?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » OLD Support Thread (Ask questions here!) OLD