10-23-10, 06:11 AM   #1
Maziel
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Request: Guild AFK Status

Hi WoWInterface community.

Previously, wow 3.x series in our Guild List it would show us if a player was AFK or DND.

With the new wow 4.x series we no longer see this information.

Is there any way to show this information about the players status in our guild list?

Am I missing a tick box in an option somewhere?

If not, are there any authors out there who could code up an add-on that will put a status indicator next to our guild members names. Like a little icon that could be a green dot for online, grey dot for offline, orange dot for away and red dot for busy. Something like this.

Cheers. =)

Thanks for reading.
10-24-10, 03:49 AM   #2
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Personally I use Ara Broker Guild Friends to display guildies. It'll list available guildies with a green dot, Away is shown by a yellow clock, and Busy as a red dot.

It's a broker addon, so it'll work with whichever panel/bar addon you favor - TitanPanel, ChocolateBar, or Bazooka are recommendations.

10-24-10, 05:17 AM   #3
Vlad
A Molten Giant

Considering the 10th argument returned by GetGuildRosterInfo() is a units status, one could easily make a simple mod to inject the tags on the unit names (at the end) and make it like "Jigain <AFK>" and such. On the fly I can think of hooking "GuildRoster_Update". Look at Blizzard_GuildRoster.lua at line 229 and below, plenty of hints what you can have in your own hook to make it work.

Code:
local sf, off, btn, btns, nbtns, totMem, onMem, visMem, curGView, index, btndata = GuildRosterContainer
btndata = {
  {"guildStatus"}, -- 1
  {"playerStatus", "weeklyxp", "totalxp", "pve", "pvp", "achievement"}, -- 2
}
hooksecurefunc("GuildRoster_Update", function()
  off = HybridScrollFrame_GetOffset(sf)
  btns = sf.buttons
  nbtns = #btns
  totMem, onMem = GetNumGuildMembers()
  visMem = GetGuildRosterShowOffline() and totMem or onMem
  curGView = GetCVar("guildRosterView")
  for i=1, #btns do
    btn = btns[i]
    index = off + i
    local name, rank, rankIndex, level, class, zone, note, officernote, online, status, classFileName, achievementPoints, achievementRank, isMobile = GetGuildRosterInfo(index)
    local dispName = name
    if isMobile then
      dispName = ChatFrame_GetMobileEmbeddedTexture(119/255, 137/255, 119/255)..dispName -- taken directly from Blizzard_GuildRoster.lua line 237 to include the support of mobile members
    end
    dispName = dispName..(status and status or "") -- append "<AFK/DND>" flag at the end of the name
    if name and index <= visMem then
      for k1,v1 in pairs(btndata) do -- some are in btn.string1 and others in 2 so we use the key to distinguish
        for k2,v2 in pairs(v1) do -- now we match up if we are on the right page by string name
          if curGView == v2 then -- if we are apply the new dispName to the right string location
            GuildRosterButton_SetStringText(btn["string"..k], dispName, online, classFileName)
          end
        end
      end
    end
  end
end)

Last edited by Vlad : 10-24-10 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Added a suggestion (code)
10-27-10, 02:40 AM   #4
Maziel
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Vladinator View Post
Considering the 10th argument returned by GetGuildRosterInfo() is a units status, one could easily make a simple mod to inject the tags on the unit names (at the end) and make it like "Jigain <AFK>" and such. On the fly I can think of hooking "GuildRoster_Update". Look at Blizzard_GuildRoster.lua at line 229 and below, plenty of hints what you can have in your own hook to make it work.

Code:
local sf, off, btn, btns, nbtns, totMem, onMem, visMem, curGView, index, btndata = GuildRosterContainer
btndata = {
  {"guildStatus"}, -- 1
  {"playerStatus", "weeklyxp", "totalxp", "pve", "pvp", "achievement"}, -- 2
}
hooksecurefunc("GuildRoster_Update", function()
  off = HybridScrollFrame_GetOffset(sf)
  btns = sf.buttons
  nbtns = #btns
  totMem, onMem = GetNumGuildMembers()
  visMem = GetGuildRosterShowOffline() and totMem or onMem
  curGView = GetCVar("guildRosterView")
  for i=1, #btns do
    btn = btns[i]
    index = off + i
    local name, rank, rankIndex, level, class, zone, note, officernote, online, status, classFileName, achievementPoints, achievementRank, isMobile = GetGuildRosterInfo(index)
    local dispName = name
    if isMobile then
      dispName = ChatFrame_GetMobileEmbeddedTexture(119/255, 137/255, 119/255)..dispName -- taken directly from Blizzard_GuildRoster.lua line 237 to include the support of mobile members
    end
    dispName = dispName..(status and status or "") -- append "<AFK/DND>" flag at the end of the name
    if name and index <= visMem then
      for k1,v1 in pairs(btndata) do -- some are in btn.string1 and others in 2 so we use the key to distinguish
        for k2,v2 in pairs(v1) do -- now we match up if we are on the right page by string name
          if curGView == v2 then -- if we are apply the new dispName to the right string location
            GuildRosterButton_SetStringText(btn["string"..k], dispName, online, classFileName)
          end
        end
      end
    end
  end
end)
So do you think you could make a working mod for it?
10-27-10, 05:49 AM   #5
Vlad
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Maziel View Post
So do you think you could make a working mod for it?
Sure, here: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...dUIStatus.html
10-27-10, 10:30 AM   #6
Maziel
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Vladinator View Post
You are a legend.

Just need to wait for approval from admins before i can download. =D

Thank you so much.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Request: Guild AFK Status