View Poll Results: Would you join a membership-based MazzleUI site?
Yes, I would pay $5-$10 per month for regular and continued feature additions and updates. 48 49.48%
No, that is not worth it to me. 27 27.84%
No, I don't use MazzleUI, and I hope it dies in a fire for all the undeserved attention it gets. 22 22.68%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
07-19-07, 01:21 PM   #1
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Would you use a membership-based MazzleUI site?

So, the truth of the matter is that I quit my guild a few weeks ago, stopped raiding and barely play now. I've actually already canceled my recurring subscriptions on both of my accounts. That said, I'd hate to abandon a project which I've put so much time in. I've had this idea proposed to me many times in the past and have rejected it, but, now that things have changed for me, it seems like the only attractive option.

I'm thinking about making a membership-based, MazzleUI site. Rather than using donations, there would be a monthly fee to be a member of the site. In exchange, members would get:
  • At least one finalized new version of MazzleUI per month that would contain new features, updates and bug fixes. These features are MazzleUI-specific items, not new features from add-ons included.
  • Interim beta versions when applicable. Quick-fixes for patches.
  • Better support. Hopefully, it will be easier since membership would help avoid a lot of the drive-by questions that new users who don't read documentation often post.
With such reliable compensation, I'd maintain my accounts and would have good reason to spend consistent time improving things. I'd expect the cost to be around $5-$10 per month. I know this will not be an attractive option to many people, and I can certainly understand why; there are countless, free options out there. But if there are people enough who value MazzleUI over those options and would be willing to support something like this, this might be a viable way for me to continue the project even if I'm no longer playing WoW.

So, the question is, how many of you be willing to join such a site? Please answer in the poll embedded in this thread.

EDIT: Restarted thread based on suggestion of a price less than subsciption fee, which makes sense.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Would you use a membership-based MazzleUI site?