05-22-06, 09:02 PM   #1
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
SciTE packaged for WoW

I had some trouble finding the wowscite package that was released a while ago, and when I finally found it it was a year old-- and the API was sadly quite out of date. This is a repackage of the SciTE package at http://gisdeveloper.tripod.com/scite.html. Please use this thread for any discussion and support.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...iTE-WoWUI.html
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
05-23-06, 02:20 AM   #2
Nallamir
A Murloc Raider

I appreciate the effort, but if u have more than one language to manage i'll stick with the normal release.

But the optionfile for lua that u altered for WoW is quite handy

Scite is also very customizable if u know how.

Last edited by Nallamir : 05-23-06 at 02:27 AM.
05-23-06, 06:11 AM   #3
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
... you're welcome to use the api file I created, and any stubs I work on. This was meant for people who are looking for a windows version of a lightweight editor that is easily customized and very powerful.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
05-23-06, 07:54 AM   #4
Beladona
A Molten Giant

Good work! having done something similar for dreamweaver, I know how much work had to have gone into this, so thanks!
05-23-06, 08:20 AM   #5
chuckg
A Fallenroot Satyr

Thanks for this. I wasn't looking forward to updating the API reference myself, the old version didn't even have PLAYER_LEAVING_WORLD!
05-23-06, 09:30 AM   #6
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by chuckg
Thanks for this. I wasn't looking forward to updating the API reference myself, the old version didn't even have PLAYER_LEAVING_WORLD!
I'll get events in there tonight =) Right now its just the API and Widget API.
05-25-06, 03:28 PM   #7
chuckg
A Fallenroot Satyr

One thing I have noticed since I changed from the original to your version is, I am no longer able to associate files with Scite. I won't/can't say if it's a direct result of your release, or something else. But I do know that if I right-click "open with" and then find the Scite.exe, it still won't show it in the "open with" menu.

Can you verify if it's just me or if this is indeed an issue?
05-25-06, 05:39 PM   #8
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
I've experienced this issue too, it seems that the other package of scite is conflicting somehow with this version. I'll try to see if I can work it out. Are you still unable to get it working anyway? I'll have to go back and see if I can figure out how to resolve it.
05-25-06, 10:53 PM   #9
chuckg
A Fallenroot Satyr

I have been unable to get the WoWScite to default application to anything other than LUA files, even through the "Open With" menu nor the "File Types" through tools. I have to just open the files after I've opened Scite. I did remove the older version of WoWScite before installing yours, so there should be no conflicting types.

Edit: AHA! Uninstalling the old version does not remove windows references to the old SciTe.exe, so when you to reassociate it windows gets confused why you're trying to associate w/ the already associated app. So, I removed those references to the old version and voila, "open with" always open sticks again.

Last edited by chuckg : 05-26-06 at 12:35 AM.
05-26-06, 06:24 AM   #10
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
I'll look into removing those registry keys, or outright replacing them in a new version.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » SciTE packaged for WoW