04-12-06, 01:10 AM   #61
exo121
A Murloc Raider
Hey I've got a problem with your mod... I can't move the unit frames around yet I don't have them locked... I cannot use shift modifier for click casting at all ever since the patch.. I was hoping it was just a matter of updating but it seems like it's working fine for everyone else :\
04-12-06, 06:06 AM   #62
Kelduag
A Defias Bandit
Hey, either I'm too stupid or your 1.21 Version of Watchdog is incompatible with 1.532 of CTRA as of now. Maybe they changed the hooks or something.

I can only use leftclick and rightclick with CT Raid Assist. My middleclick action (Powerword: Shield) works fine with everything (Blizzard Raid UI, WD Frames etc) EXCEPT CT Raid Assists Raid frames...

the same is valid for shift, ctrl, alt + button combinations.

Any way to workaround this or fix it? Posted the same in the CTRA Section Hope someone's able to help me as I've gotten so used to clicking my way through bossfights etc.!

Cheers,
Kelduag
Priestleader Syndicate Alliance
Destromath, EU
04-12-06, 06:23 AM   #63
Kelduag
A Defias Bandit
alright, SOMEHOW I installed groupbuttons, which conflicted with ctra and watchdog to block watchdogs hooking of ctra windows

so, all is fixed!

Cheer
Kelduag
04-12-06, 07:58 AM   #64
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by exo121
Hey I've got a problem with your mod... I can't move the unit frames around yet I don't have them locked... I cannot use shift modifier for click casting at all ever since the patch.. I was hoping it was just a matter of updating but it seems like it's working fine for everyone else :\
Try the following:

/wdog resetframes

That will put all frames back in default locations, but leave all your other settings alone. Then try:

/wdog showall

To move the frames around. When you're done you can use /wdog hideall to lock the frames back up and go back to "normal mode". If that doesn't work.. shoot me an email at [email protected], and we'll troubleshoot this offline.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
04-12-06, 11:31 AM   #65
exo121
A Murloc Raider
Great it worked I think

one last question is there any way to get it to work with Nuf unit frames?
04-12-06, 11:32 AM   #66
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Send me a link of where you downloaded your unit frames, and I'll do my best to incorporate it.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
04-12-06, 03:12 PM   #67
exo121
A Murloc Raider
Here you go clad http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=2307
thanks for having interest, I use your frames for raiding but when in just a 5 man party I like using nuf, thank you
04-15-06, 06:57 AM   #68
duckilama
A Murloc Raider
Best. Unitframes. Evar.

I just wanted to come back and follow up on my questions with some positive feedback.

I have spent a _lot_ of time trying to find UnitFrames that work for me. Everything was either too big(default) or too painful to set up(DUF ugh) but WD is just right.

The ClickCasting is just the icing on the cake, and I've recommended it lately to anyone looking for a paladin/priest/druid UI, as it just can't be beat for healers, IMO. Some folks argue they'd rather have extra buttons(GroupButtons) than have to use Shift/Alt/Ctrl, but I hate clutter, and WD eliminates so much of it while still giving me so much functionality above and beyond just a UnitFrames mod.

Great Job, I'm really looking forward to 2.0.
04-16-06, 08:55 PM   #69
exo121
A Murloc Raider
I love this addon, and.. hate to be a bother yet again.. but was just introduced to this great addon as well

http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=3499

if watchdog worked with this I'd probably be in heaven when it comes to healing
04-19-06, 07:38 PM   #70
t_halo
A Kobold Labourer
Click cast problem with perl raid

This is a great mod ^^~
I've beening using it for some time now, but I recently discovered that I can't use click
cast on perl raid (perl classic unitframes).

I can click cast using perl party mode but not perl raid and am wondering if it's my problem that I didn't set WD right.
04-20-06, 01:44 PM   #71
Zevzabich
A Murloc Raider
In my UI, I use watchdog for my party frames (it's by far the best unit frame I've found so far) and a HUD for myself and my target. Whenever I'm in a group, I like to have my frame showing with the party frames because if I don't, I sometimes forget to heal myself. When I'm not in a group, though, I like to have my player frame hidden.

I was wondering if you could put in the option to auto-hide the player frame when not in a party?
04-22-06, 03:27 PM   #72
Analla
A Defias Bandit
Macro in Click Casting

I use a macro that triggers my hero charm when the cooldown is off when casting heal. I can't seem to figure out a way to bind that macro to a mouse click. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
04-24-06, 04:40 AM   #73
Ankh
A Murloc Raider
Same problem here, I want to bind macros to a mouse click. I thought of editing the lua file in which "wd_menu" or something else is being configured and rewrite it for my macros, but I think there is an easier way to do this.

Then I would write in the clickcasting tool something like "renew_macro" and it should work fine, but as I haven't done it yet I don't know if this would work properly :P

Another problem is that my programming skills run against zero ^^
04-24-06, 06:16 AM   #74
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
@Zevzabich: I will be looking to add this option, but likely not in the current version

@Macros: You can't use macros, but if you post the test of your macro here, I'll convert them to LUA functions, which you can use.

THanks.
04-24-06, 07:46 AM   #75
Ankh
A Murloc Raider
My "Renew Macro" is:

/script --CastSpellByName("Erneuerung")
/script local b = 1; for i=0,15 do a = UnitBuff("target", i); if (a and string.find(a, "Renew")) then b = nil; break; end; end; if (b) then CastSpellByName("Erneuerung"); end;
As I play the german version of wow it is Erneureung instead of renew ..

/script --CastSpellByName("renew")
/script local b = 1; for i=0,15 do a = UnitBuff("target", i); if (a and string.find(a, "renew")) then b = nil; break; end; end; if (b) then CastSpellByName("renew"); end;
This should work for the english client of wow.

What the macro should do:

It checks whether the target I want to cast a renew onto has the spell no matter of rang or duration. If the target has a renew the macro does not allow the renew to be cast or if the target does not have a renew on it the spell is being cast. As it should be implemented in watchdog the target should change back to the target I had before using this macro (as it is done within other spells clickcasting is used with).

For the hero charm macro mentioned above I would use this one:

/script k=GetInventorySlotInfo("Trinket0Slot");s,b,a = GetInventoryItemCooldown("player", k); if (s==0) then UseInventoryItem(k); SpellStopCasting(); end; CastSpellByName("renew");
The macro is one line but because of word wrap (?) it is probably shown in two or more lines.

This should work for every trinket in the first trinket slot, for example the hero charm or what I would prefer Hazzra'rah's Charm of Healing. Afterwards the spell renew is being cast. While using Hazzra'rah's Charm of Healing I actually would change renew to greater heal as the trinket lowers the casting time of greater heal. Again if you convert it to a LUA function I would like you add the target "thingy".

Thanks in advance.

PS. I have written the code of the macros in "quote" as you get a scrollbar when you are using "code".

Last edited by Ankh : 04-24-06 at 08:28 AM.
04-24-06, 10:42 AM   #76
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Add the following to your WatchDogCustom.lua file, at the bottom is file:

function WD_SafeRenew(unit)
for i=1,32 do
local a = UnitBuff(unit, i)
if a and string.find(a, "Renew") then return end
end
CastSpellByName(WATCHDOG_BUFF_RENEW)
end
That should work for all locales, as it uses the localized version of "Renew".

As for the ZHC macro add the following to your WatchDogCustom.lua
function WD_TrinketRenew(unit)
local k = GetInventorySlotInfo("Trinket0Slot")
local s,d = GetInventoryItemCooldown("player", k)
if s == 0 then
UseInventoryItem(k)
SpellStopCasting()
end
ClearTarget()
CastSpellByName(WATCHDOG_BUFF_RENEW)
SpellTargetUnit(unit)
TargetLastTarget()
end
Then you have two new click-casting functions. To use them just put the name of the function as the clck-cast.. so:

Shift-Left: WD_TrinketRenew

or

Shift-Left: WD_SafeRenew

I changed the trinket macro a little bit, and it will always cast renew.. it'll just trigger the ZHC if its up. There's a lot you can do with custom functions =)

Last edited by Cladhaire : 04-24-06 at 11:04 AM.
04-24-06, 10:56 AM   #77
Ankh
A Murloc Raider
Thanks a lot.

edit:

a problem accured when using this line of code CastSpellByName(WATCHDOG_BUFF_RENEW), don't know exact error message but I rewrote it directly and this works fine:

function WD_SafeRenew(unit)
for i=1,32 do
local a = UnitBuff(unit, i)
if a and string.find(a, "Renew") then return end
end
ClearTarget()
CastSpellByName("Renew")
SpellTargetUnit(unit)
TargetLastTarget()
end
The problem of this is that it will not work with every localisation of wow just the english one. Change this line CastSpellByName("Renew") to CastSpellByName("Erneuerung") for the german client or insert for "Renew" the french or whatever word renew is in your language.

Last edited by Ankh : 04-24-06 at 11:35 AM.
04-24-06, 01:04 PM   #78
Analla
A Defias Bandit
I copied the text in, but I use my ZHC with Heal(Rank2). How do i get the code to work for that?

Thanks so much for the help btw!
04-24-06, 01:06 PM   #79
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Analla
I copied the text in, but I use my ZHC with Heal(Rank2). How do i get the code to work for that?

Thanks so much for the help btw!
change CastSpellByName(WATCHDOG_BUFF_RENEW)

to

CastSpellByName("Heal(Rank 2)")
04-24-06, 01:33 PM   #80
Analla
A Defias Bandit
Thanks so much! It works great!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » WatchDog