04-25-06, 12:45 AM   #81
Ankh
A Murloc Raider
It's me .. again.

I have problems using the wd_cureany function and your custom wd_trinketrenew function, it does not give an error message, it just does not do anything. I must admit, that I have not been using wd_cureany since I have noticed it does not work (which was with release of 1.10), I just have bound dispell and cure disease to a click and alt+click and that works fairly good. I hate using decursive as you cannot dispell or cure people you want to (if you are as lazy as myself and do not configure the priority list).

The macro I have posted for the zhc works fine but the lua function doesn't maybe something doesn't works properly with other localisations but I don't know yet. As the wd_trinketrenew function seens to work for analla there has to be a problem with my client or some addon disturbs this function. Have you ever heard of similar problems?

I fairly remember that SpellStopCasting() has been removed or changed to use another click or you need to hit a key to work as usual, that was the reason why manaconserve does not work anymore, isn't it?

But yet again, I don't know why it should work for analla and not myself

As I am at university right now, I can't look at the wd_cureany function whether there is SpellStopCasting() being used or not.
04-25-06, 06:39 AM   #82
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Be sure you use the exact same caps: wd_cureany isn't the same as WD_CureAny, etc.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
04-25-06, 07:24 AM   #83
Ankh
A Murloc Raider
That's what I am doing, just didn't use the correct spelling while writing that post.

WD_SafeRenew, TargetUnit, WD_Menu, etc. work just fine but WD_TrinketRenew or WD_CureAny don't.
04-25-06, 09:00 AM   #84
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
I'll try to take a look at it later tonight, I'm not sure why you would be seeing that.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
04-26-06, 01:54 PM   #85
griith
A Murloc Raider
quick question.

I have greater heal binded to my right click mouse button. works like intended until i go into raid using ctraid newest version 1.53 i think.

anyways when i right click any ct raid player unit. it does decursive instead of greater heal.

is this a ctraid feature i need to find and over ride or a decursive

any help would be helpful
04-26-06, 01:55 PM   #86
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by griith
quick question.

I have greater heal binded to my right click mouse button. works like intended until i go into raid using ctraid newest version 1.53 i think.

anyways when i right click any ct raid player unit. it does decursive instead of greater heal.

is this a ctraid feature i need to find and over ride or a decursive

any help would be helpful
No idea, nothing i've been informed of. I can look at CT_RA at some point and check. That's very odd tho. *ponder*
04-27-06, 09:41 AM   #87
griith
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Cladhaire
No idea, nothing i've been informed of. I can look at CT_RA at some point and check. That's very odd tho. *ponder*

Disregard this.

sorry It was another clickcast addon that i totally forgot i installed
04-27-06, 09:42 AM   #88
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Aaah.. those pesky OTHER click-casting mods =)
04-28-06, 08:36 AM   #89
Fritty
A Cyclonian
Cladhaire, I'm running WatchDog 1.20.2 and my filter for debuffs doesn't seem to be working correctly.

Now I think this might be my fault as I recently got a bit overzealous in making sure my frames were the same for every character. :X I say this because I went in and picked one of my character's watchdog saved variables files and made sure it was exactly how I wanted it, added the click casting from my other characters saved variables and then copied and pasted that file to every character. I thought I had created some sort of wonderful master watchdog saved variables for all of my characters and I was pretty happy about it :X So! While its terrific that all my characters have their frames in exactly the right place and their tags just how they should be, not everything is perfect after all.

The character that I first noticed the debuffs not being filtered correctly on was my druid. So, suspecting I had mucked things up, I deleted her saved vars and let watchdog recreate them...sure enough after doing that the filtering worked fine.

Now, I guess I can do that for every character and then go into the file and copy and paste my tags and positions...but is there something else I can do? Is there something in each file that says, 'oh, by the way this character is a druid and the debuffs should be filtered accordingly'. If not thats fine...I shouldn't be mucking with this stuff anyway! I'll learn my lesson one day when I break the game :X
04-28-06, 08:52 AM   #90
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Fritty
Cladhaire, I'm running WatchDog 1.20.2 and my filter for debuffs doesn't seem to be working correctly.

Now I think this might be my fault as I recently got a bit overzealous in making sure my frames were the same for every character. :X I say this because I went in and picked one of my character's watchdog saved variables files and made sure it was exactly how I wanted it, added the click casting from my other characters saved variables and then copied and pasted that file to every character. I thought I had created some sort of wonderful master watchdog saved variables for all of my characters and I was pretty happy about it :X So! While its terrific that all my characters have their frames in exactly the right place and their tags just how they should be, not everything is perfect after all.

The character that I first noticed the debuffs not being filtered correctly on was my druid. So, suspecting I had mucked things up, I deleted her saved vars and let watchdog recreate them...sure enough after doing that the filtering worked fine.

Now, I guess I can do that for every character and then go into the file and copy and paste my tags and positions...but is there something else I can do? Is there something in each file that says, 'oh, by the way this character is a druid and the debuffs should be filtered accordingly'. If not thats fine...I shouldn't be mucking with this stuff anyway! I'll learn my lesson one day when I break the game :X

The variables you need to change are:

WatchDog.filterbuffs
WatchDog.filterdebuffs

If enable filtering, set them to true, i.e.

WatchDog.filterbuffs = true
WatchDog.filterdebuffs = true

To disable it, set them to false, i.e.

WatchDog.filterbuffs = false
WatchDog.filterdebuffs = false
04-28-06, 09:10 AM   #91
Fritty
A Cyclonian
Well I know how to filter buffs and debuffs and I did see that in the saved variables file and I know where it is in the watchdog gui config thingy...

But here is the problem: as my druid with filter debuffs on I wasn't seeing my druid debuffs at all. I deleted my saved variables that I had copied from my hunter and logged in as my druid again, got the generic wd frames set up etc. Turn on filter debuffs and I see the debuffs I should see. What I assumed was happening was that there was something somewhere in the saved variables that said, this character is a druid and should getting filtered debuffs for druids.

I'm guessing there isn't though and that something else I've done is screwy.

Would it matter if I changed the filter for debuffs in the gui vs the saved variables? I didn't think it would (the gui is basically just an in game interface for the saved variables yes?) but I could be wrong!
04-28-06, 09:23 AM   #92
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Thats correct, and there is nothing that's class specific at all. it just scans your spellbook for any spells you can cast-- and uses that as the filter.
04-28-06, 09:26 AM   #93
Fritty
A Cyclonian
I truly wonder what I did to make it not work correctly...

I'll check again tonight to make sure I'm not completely insane.
04-28-06, 10:11 AM   #94
brotherhobbes
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
Is there a way I can set WatchDog to not filter buffs for my target when the buff filtering is turned on for party?
04-28-06, 11:57 AM   #95
Zidomo
A Cliff Giant

Am looking more into this now that I've finally taken the plunge and seriously starting to trim down the number of bloated, badly coded mods I'm running.

Looks great for a combination of click-casting and unit frames. But a question about functions.

I know how to assign specific spells to key binds in WD. However, there seem to be a few unique WatchDog bind functions like "WD_CureAny" and similar that I have seen exactly zero documentation on either on the web or in the readme/changelog.

I can deduce what "WD_CureAny" is used for, but is that the only unique function WD uses? Are there more? Is there somewhere I can find a list of these unique functions and/or what they are used for?
04-28-06, 12:58 PM   #96
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
@brotherhobbes: See two posts above you. No this is not possible in the current version. If you use a mod that moves and hides frames (Visor/MoveAnything) I can give you the frame name to hide, or could probably write some custom code you could put at the end of one of th files. It will be an option in the next major version of WatchDog (2.0).

@Zidomo: All custom functions right now reside in WatchDogCustom.lua. The only two that matter are:

WD_CureAny
WD_Menu

The rest are all standard API functions that take a unit as an argument i.e. TargetUnit, AssistUnit, etc.

Its more of a power user feature for those who write custom lua functions-- to be able to execute them natively as scripts =)
04-28-06, 06:42 PM   #97
Zidomo
A Cliff Giant

Much obliged, Cladhaire. Yes, I'm actually familiar with standard API functions such as "TargetUnit". From spending far too long customizing the non-GUI version of CastParty here.

Thanks again.
04-29-06, 10:10 AM   #98
Fritty
A Cyclonian
Cladhaire, I did some more testing and I have to say I'm utterly confused...but my filter debuffs is not working. This time I tried deleting my saved variables, went back a version of watchdog, turned off all addons except watchdog, ace and acegui and it still doesn't work correctly. I can turn the filter off and see the debuffs correctly, but if I turn the filter on I don't see the debuffs I should be seeing.

Testing with a 43 mage casting sheep on duskbats outside undercity...filter on -> can't see the sheep icon, filter off -> can see the sheep icon.

Any ideas?
04-29-06, 11:01 AM   #99
brotherhobbes
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
Fritty, the filters makes it so you only see buffs that you can cast and debuffs that you can cure. Polymorph is a magic debuff and because you can only cure curses, you wouldn't see it.

I would suggest that you do not filter debuffs. If you do, you'll encounter what you are experiencing right now. Wait until Cladhaire releases that next version that will have an option to not filter your target, but still filter your party.
04-29-06, 11:53 AM   #100
Fritty
A Cyclonian
Is that really how that's supposed to work? I only ask because when I filter debuffs with my druid I can see her moonfire and her root on the target just fine even though she can't cure those.

I thought filter was supposed to allow you to see spells that you can either cast or can do something about.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » WatchDog