07-29-06, 09:20 PM   #141
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You'd need a backup of your WTF directories, thats where the saved variables are saved. Hope that makes sense.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
07-30-06, 11:42 AM   #142
Kazarak
A Murloc Raider
I love this mod and always recommend it to friends & guildmates.

Is there a way to show PvP enabled? I'd like to replace some default WoW frames but if I do I will lose visibility of when I'm flagged (or my target or partymates).

Thanks for putting together a great mod!
07-30-06, 11:45 AM   #143
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
check the readme

[pvp]
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
07-30-06, 12:00 PM   #144
Kazarak
A Murloc Raider
Yep, was just about to post an appendum saying nevermind found it.

Wow you're fast =)

Two other quick questions, I hope this isn't another I missed...

Is there a way to move the text on the bars out of the bars? For example above or below the frame? Or maybe have an option to display more text out of frame? There is so much text I want to add and its hard to pick and choose what to show and what not to show.

Thanks again!
07-30-06, 12:02 PM   #145
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
not right now, there isn't.. sorry
08-22-06, 03:41 PM   #146
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
New version has been posted that won't bork with 1.12. ALL click-casting code has been removed. You will no longer be able to click-cast USING WatchDog. Instead you should use Clique, which is my next generation click-casting mod.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...php?s=&id=5108
08-23-06, 10:00 PM   #147
Numbah Two
A Defias Bandit
Clique + Watchdog

Hiya -
Downloaded the new Watchdog (1.25) and Clique (0.7). Configured Clique with everything I had from the previous version of WD, jumped into a group - and could heal no one but me. Reverted to the previous version of WD (1.20.2).

Details: If I targeted an hostile, the buttons would work as I had set them up; the hostile would receive the spells I cast.

If I targeted a friendly, in party or not, any heals/buffs/effects would land on me. I are a noob when it comes to scripting; if this is a script bug I can't tell. I did remove the previous version (1.20.2) of WD before installing the 1.25 version. I had no previous version of Clique to remove.

Great mods. Thanks for the hard work!

#

Last edited by Numbah Two : 08-23-06 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Adding more detail
08-24-06, 06:36 AM   #148
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Turn off Blizzard auto-self cast.

Clique absolutely 100% cannot work with it, because it alters the underlying CastSpell functions to an unusable state. I'll try to get a code workaround in there, but its not going to be easy.
08-24-06, 09:25 AM   #149
Numbah Two
A Defias Bandit
Many thanks for the fast reply!

For what it's worth, don't worry too much about the auto self cast workaround. I'd much rather have Clique/WD working than that.

#
08-24-06, 09:29 AM   #150
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Yeah sorry I don't have a better answer for you, but they REALLY REALLY made it AUTOMATIC. There's only one way around it, and I'm not happy with it as a solution.
08-24-06, 04:32 PM   #151
Numbah Two
A Defias Bandit
Related to this - hope it helps -

I already had the Blizzard Auto Self cast option turned off. Turns out I had EasyPriest self cast turned on. When i turned it off, Clique/WD began working as expected. Perhaps Blizz's and EP Selfcast do the same thing? Anyway, not looking for a response or solution per your previous post, jusy trying to help.

Thanks!

#
08-25-06, 06:15 PM   #152
krattan
A Kobold Labourer
hi,
great mod you have here, Used to have mandrake but switched back to this when they stopped working on mandrake.

my question is if you cant implement an option so have different size on your different frames.. i know you can use the dynamic feature but it doesent allways work so well since on my hunter for example, i have only my pets health showing and if i want to have it a fixed size the frame will be huge cause i need that for all the info in my playerframe but if i check dynamic sizing i will become really really small so that i almost cant see the health of my pet.
08-26-06, 03:13 PM   #153
kitejaman
A Defias Bandit
Can't turn off wow unit frames

Thank you for making such helpful addons and mods!

I just installed clique and it works great!

I also installed wd but I am have some trouble. The wow frames do not disappear while wd is active. What should I do?

I am also a fan of praid. Do you have an eta on the newest version!

Thanks for any advice. Keep up the good work!

Almasi 56 Priest Kul Tiras
09-05-06, 12:08 AM   #154
digitalus
A Murloc Raider
I love this mod, just had to post and say that after marking it as one of my favorites. I'm just starting a priest (one the groups all the time), and I love it. Quick, clean, minimalistic.
Originally Posted by kitejaman
I also installed wd but I am have some trouble. The wow frames do not disappear while wd is active. What should I do?
In the configuration window (/wd or /watchdog) you can find a set of checkboxes toward the bottom for default frames -- there is a check box for player, party, target etc. Just uncheck the ones you don't want to see and you should be all set.
10-17-06, 12:00 AM   #155
Tsume
A Defias Bandit
Hi there!

I've come across a slight issue that does nothing to impair functionality, but is a bit annoying when useing the default Blizzard Action Bars.

Useing soley Watchdog and Clique, it seems clique casting will activate the hidden empty skill slots on the action bars to become visible. The only way I've found to clear this is opening up Blizzards options and selecting to 'show all action bars' and then deselecting it. Shortly later, still useing solely clique and Watchdog, the hidden skill slots will become visibile again. I've been able to reproduce this, and have tried different option configurations.

Is there a simple menu configuration I'm missing here, or a new conflict between Blizz default and the spellbook powered Clique? If its not simply configuration it could be related so some skill activation, I'll try to narow it down if so.

Still nothing that will keep me from useing these great addons, thats for sure.
10-17-06, 05:36 AM   #156
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Thats REALLY odd... We don't do anything anywhere near those options or the action buttons. I'll have to take a look at it and I'll let you know what I find out.
10-20-06, 02:48 AM   #157
Tsume
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Cladhaire
Thats REALLY odd... We don't do anything anywhere near those options or the action buttons. I'll have to take a look at it and I'll let you know what I find out.
I don't know that you should even bother with it Cladhaire. I have been unable to reproduce those effects since the last day it was happening. I have absolutley no idea what it could have been, but I did make sure to run only Watchdog/Clique when it was happening....it could, have just been a Blizzard issue from all the realm restarts for all I know. Doesn't seem likely, but I haven't been able to reproduce it.

However, I have been able to reproduce a new error I found...

This error is the duplication of pet status bars. Whenever you have more than 3 members in the party, and a member that is 3rd, 4th, or 5th on the list has a pet....if the 2nd member leaves the group or disconnects, the other members are bumped up a slot on the member listing. The Pet status bars are duplicated for both slots. Say if there were 3 members, and party member 3 had a pet. Party member 2 disconnects, and then party member 3 becomes party member 2. But the third party member's pet is kept in the 'pet3' slot, and then bumped up to the 'pet2' slot. Both slots will show the same pet. It stays that way until the party formation is altered again.

This doesn't impede function on a small scope, but I do not know what effects it would have if there were multiple pets in the party, so far I have only tested it with one member having a pet, and being bumped up a slot on the roster.

Again, its not anything that would keep me from useing the addon, it is by far the best for Healing in my oppinion XD. Just wanted to let you know of the issue.
10-20-06, 06:38 AM   #158
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
The pet error has been around almost as long as pet units were introduced, and I haven't been able to track it down properly. Hopefully I'll be able to catch it in the conversion for Burning Crusade.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » WatchDog