10-02-12, 08:00 PM   #1
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Stopping wow's quest list

When I click on an item in Carbonites quest list, Wow also switches its quest list on, so now i have the same quest twice on the screen - can I get Wow to stop adding its info?

This is Rythal's version.

10-02-12, 08:22 PM   #2
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
You can hide it with /script WatchFrame:Hide()

but my guess is one of your other addons is making it show since carbonite continuously tries to hide it if it is showing (I can use /script WatchFrame:Show() and it'll pop up but within seconds it's hidden again).

10-02-12, 09:02 PM   #3
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Sorry for assuming it was carbonite

Server just went down, but I'll check the other addons later.

I better not use the script, because then in a few months I've forgotten it and get annoyed when i can't find the frame again

10-02-12, 10:47 PM   #4
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Spahut View Post
Sorry for assuming it was carbonite

Server just went down, but I'll check the other addons later.

I better not use the script, because then in a few months I've forgotten it and get annoyed when i can't find the frame again
it's a per login thing, so you can use the script command safely

10-02-12, 11:04 PM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It's been a little while, but I found I had that problem if I was watching any achievements. Whenever I would log into a character, /reload, or switch zones the Blizzard quest watch would show up. Now, I keep my Carbonite Quest Watch window fixed size and minimized, so all I had to do was maximize, then minimize, it and Blizzards quest watch went away. Until I would change zones or did something and I had to /reload my UI, or switched toons. Then it came back. I finally installed WatchFrameRemover to solve the problem with my set up.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

10-02-12, 11:09 PM   #6
Linear
A Defias Bandit
Nope...

This definitely isn't working as intended, this is happening to me as well; shut down all other addons, went so far as to remove any trace of quest related addons from Wow's respective folders... and Carbonite is not auto-hiding the blizz tracker no matter what.

Should note that I tried QuestGuru, since it has an explicit option to hide the blizz tracker, and while active it succeeded in keeping it hidden. Of course, would rather not have to load this additional addon just for this purpose, especially since it just puts up its own tracker.

10-02-12, 11:21 PM   #7
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
in some ways it is working as intended, people wanted quest blobs to see where to go, the only way to do that was to flag the current watched quest as tracked.

But i'm not sure why mine stays hidden at all times achievements or no, other addons or no... yet other's are having the problem.. unless....

there is an option under Quest Watch: Show challenge timers / scenario objectives / tracked achievements ..... is that checked?

10-02-12, 11:31 PM   #8
Linear
A Defias Bandit
Nope, it's not checked. WatchFrameRemover will have to do for now, it did the trick, blizz frame is gone regardless of what I'm tracking through Carbonites watch list.

10-02-12, 11:35 PM   #9
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Just check that box that's why it's not hiding for you.... checking the box does the same thing as watchframeremover, sets it to :Hide anytime anything tries to show it, and also brings achievements & scenario's into the carbonite quest window.

10-02-12, 11:52 PM   #10
Linear
A Defias Bandit
Confirmed! Thanks, that works, but you may want to consider revising the wording for this option to indicate it will hide the blizz frame completely. Hrm, or default it to on, or... ok there are several options at your disposal for handling it, leave it up to you ;P. Thanks again!

10-03-12, 08:32 AM   #11
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Unfortunately (for me, anyway), that just doesn't work in my case. So, I'll just keep using WatchFrameRemover to hide Blizz's watch window. It's no big deal and I have no problem doing things this way. Actually, I didn't even remember that option being there, but when I opened Carbonites options, it was already checked. I don't know if that's the default setting for it, but I just don't remember ever setting it. (see my signature )

One thing to note: I use absolutely no other questing addons what so ever. I have no need for them. I'm using Carbonite. (and have for the past four years)
Click image for larger version

Name:	QuestWatchOpts.jpg
Views:	667
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	7247

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 10-03-12 at 08:39 AM.

10-03-12, 08:53 AM   #12
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
I'm with Linear, that subject is totally incomprehensible. It should be something like "Hide Blizzards quest tracker" instead.

10-03-12, 09:26 AM   #13
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Spahut View Post
I'm with Linear, that subject is totally incomprehensible. It should be something like "Hide Blizzards quest tracker" instead.
When I get to that part in the GPL update i'll fix the text, actually i'll probably split it into 2 options one for hiding, one for having them display... the option was actually always been there so I didn't name it :P I just added Scenario's / Challenge mode to it.

10-04-12, 10:44 AM   #14
mgc418
A Defias Bandit
i have an issue similar to this. when i hit "L" to open the quest log, both carbonite's and blizzard's quest logs open. i can't seem to make any changes that fix this. if i check to open carbonite with alt+l, i get the same thing. both windows. unchecked and just the blizzard window opens. this just started and don't know why or how to fix.

Last edited by mgc418 : 10-04-12 at 10:56 AM.

10-04-12, 01:35 PM   #15
Pennet
An Aku'mai Servant
I haven't been having a problem with the quest list at all; it's working exactly as intended. I have noticed that the Blizz minimap "gold quest direction arrow" is showing up in addition to the Carbonite rubber band. I'd rather not have that showing, but I assume that's related to using the Blizz quest area blobs? In that case, it's minor, I can live with it.

10-04-12, 01:39 PM   #16
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Pennet View Post
I haven't been having a problem with the quest list at all; it's working exactly as intended. I have noticed that the Blizz minimap "gold quest direction arrow" is showing up in addition to the Carbonite rubber band. I'd rather not have that showing, but I assume that's related to using the Blizz quest area blobs? In that case, it's minor, I can live with it.
Yeah that's what caused it to appear, I need to check if there's a way to turn that part off in the same way I was able to turn off the "borders" of the blobs.

10-04-12, 02:23 PM   #17
Pennet
An Aku'mai Servant
Yeah, I just went ahead and turned off "Track Quest POI's" in my Tracking menu. I've been playing this game long enough, and with Carbonite enough, to know what an X mark means and how to look around it.

10-05-12, 02:52 PM   #18
mgc418
A Defias Bandit
Still having the issue as stated above. When i try to open the quest log both the carbonite and blizzard quest logs open. i deleted the setting for carbonite frm my wtf folder and i reinstalled carbonite. it's like carbonite isn't telling wow to turn off the default quest log.

10-09-12, 11:53 AM   #19
eqsanctum
The Great Equalizer

Premium Member
So i did some fiddling with this...

If your quest list is minimized the quest watcher for blizz will open and stay open, if you leave your quest log maximized, for a moment, the blizz quest log will appear until Carb shuts it off.

10-09-12, 01:42 PM   #20
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Yeah, that's why I got that addon to hide the Blizz quest watch. I got tired of opening/closing my Carbonite Quest Watch window every time I zoned or reloaded the UI.

I keep my Carb QW window a fixed size, and use a kgPanels panel behind it to see it well in any situation, but I also keep it minimized (closed?) at all times unless I need to look at something. I also have it set to a key bind so I don't have to keep clicking to open/close it. You really only have to open the Carb QW for (literally) an instant to have it hide the Blizz QW. Before I installed WFR, I would open/close the Carb QW so fast, I only saw a flash of the dark background and that was all it took to hide the Blizz QW.
Minimized Click image for larger version

Name:	C-QW-Min.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	7276 Maximized Click image for larger version

Name:	C-QW-Max.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	7277

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Stopping wow's quest list