09-03-09, 04:04 PM   #21
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Pretty sure he is referring to the real-world TomTom. The whole thing about seeing the twists and turns of the road ahead is kind of a giveaway.

But good new Clad! You must be near the top on Google searches for TomTom!

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
09-03-09, 05:07 PM   #22
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
*sniff*

I smell Troll.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
02-10-10, 12:32 AM   #23
alimjocox
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
I'm not sure if I am a major fail and the featuer already exists but is there any chance u could add an option where TomTom automatically makes waypoints using the default Blizzard questing system so if people arent using questing mods?? thx
02-10-10, 03:35 AM   #24
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
I don't know that I want to add automatic waypoints for them, but I'll consider it. Thanks.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
06-25-11, 12:06 PM   #25
bebob
A Kobold Labourer
Send nodes

First of all thank you for this great addon.

With midsummer festival I was busy sending guild members all the nodes for the flames.

During this i was thinking of a few features:
- a command to send your current waypoint arrow to your party (/scway party or charactername) party. This would be very handy for when your guiding people to a location you both want to go to. Or when you are in the passengers seat of a vehicle and the driver does not know the location.

- a way to send waypoints by command ( /sway zone 10 10 charactername description). I'm not sure if it is possible but I think i would be useful. Although the first feature is many times handier.
06-25-11, 03:11 PM   #26
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
I don't know when I'll get a chance to implement these, but I do think they are good ideas. I'll see what I can do.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
01-30-14, 09:40 AM   #27
Positronic_Tomato
A Murloc Raider
An option to route between waypoints in the order in which they are entered (either first to last, or last to first - doesn't matter as long as there's a tooltip saying the way it is processed) with cross-zone support.

Usage example:
The Unborn Val'kyr pet has 3 spawn points in each Northrend zone
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=71163#comments

A user may want to create a route that passes through all points, some of which are farther than other points, but lead to a more efficient overall route:
http://i.imgur.com/xaCRdtq.jpg

Or they have pet battle dailies and want to take a specific route:
http://www.wowpetbattle.com/19bags.html

An option would exist in the Addon options menu to "Route in Specified Order."
It would be mutually exclusive from quest routing and routing to the next closest waypoint.

Even the simplest, most bare-bones implementation would be helpful:
If there is a memory or storage limitation, only accepting coordinates without descriptive text.
Once entered, the order can't be changed and the only option is to remove all waypoints and re-enter them (this is easy enough to do with a text editor out-of-game and re-entering them with an addon like Paste).

More fancy options could include:
Seeing lines and arrows between waypoints on the world map (display which would be toggled).
A new coordinates list window that lets you enter and change the order of entered coordinates (drag and drop or select and press "+" or "-" buttons to move the selected entry higher or lower).
01-30-14, 01:20 PM   #28
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Positronic_Tomato View Post
An option to route between waypoints in the order in which they are entered (either first to last, or last to first - doesn't matter as long as there's a tooltip saying the way it is processed) with cross-zone support.
You should check out the addon Routes, which will let you do exactly what you describe (and has TomTom support). You could also write your own addon with a pre-defined list of waypoints, that would set TomTom's arrow to the next arrow in the list once you reached one. A whole new UI for grouping waypoints and manually ordering them is a bit outside the scope of TomTom itself, I think.
01-31-14, 12:02 AM   #29
Positronic_Tomato
A Murloc Raider
Hi Phanx,

Thanks for the tip on Routes - I gave it a shot but it only seems to support creating routes within a zone (not routes from one zone to another, which is what I would need it for).

The more advanced interface suggestions were ideas for if Cladhaire were interested in making it a major feature. I was only hoping for the minimal implementation.

I have a tiny amount of programming experience and feel that creating an addon would be over my head, but will look into it.
01-31-14, 09:22 AM   #30
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Positronic_Tomato View Post
I have a tiny amount of programming experience and feel that creating an addon would be over my head, but will look into it.
Well, if you want to start a separate thread in the code help forum, I have some partly-written code for that, from an addon I started years ago and never finished, but I don't want to derail this thread with that.
02-01-14, 12:30 PM   #31
Positronic_Tomato
A Murloc Raider
Thank you, that would be fantastic!

I've created the thread here:
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...376#post290376

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » Feature requests for TomTom