11-03-09, 02:38 PM   #1
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Carbonite's map options?

I was wondering if there is a change to the Carbonite map options page for 3.230.

I used to be able to (I think) hit alt+M and get the Blizz world map. I didn't use it very often, but once in a while........... Anyway, I was in game to check on something to answer a post, and I could NOT get the Blizz WM to open with any combination of keys (alt, ctrl, or shift+M). I checked the "Map" options page, and there USED to be a check box to use alt+m to open the Carb map (or Blizz WM, can't remember which) if checked. It's not there any more on my installation, which was why I was wondering if there has been a change. Now there is just a check box for "Maximize Carbonite map instead of opening normal map". Carbonite map opens even if I hit the "World Map" minimap icon.

By-the-way, I set my Carbonite up about six months ago, and haven't really looked at the options much since then. Haven't had to. It just keeps on working. Plus I'm a bit older and sometimes have trouble remembering stuff anyway, so, y'know................

Anyway, I was just wondering.

11-04-09, 08:06 AM   #2
Dorchan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I have always used the keybinding interface in game to have mine set.

11-05-09, 06:09 PM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Well, I tried to use a key bind to open the Blizzard World Map, but it's not happening as long as I have the "Maximize Carbonite map instead of opening normal map" option checked. If I uncheck it, sure, I can open the Blizz WM, but not the large scale Carbonite map. Hence, the reason for my question. I wanted to know if there is something wrong with my Carbonite, or this is now the normal option for the "World Map".

I must be honest, here, and say that if this is the new norm, I don't like it. Sure, I didn't open the Blizz WM very often, but when I wanted to have a look at it, I could- by pressing a key combination- open it. Now, I have to open Carb's options, uncheck an option, and after having my look at the Blizz WM, go back and re-do everything again. It's just a p-i-t-a.

Carbonite 3.230 Nx.Build=242

OK. I'm done whining now.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 11-05-09 at 06:15 PM.

11-05-09, 10:07 PM   #4
RichM
A Murloc Raider
I use the <alt>+M to view Bliz map all the time -- just went to check it now -- and it still works. I'm using Carbonite 3.23.B242 and have the "max carbonite map instead of opening normal..." checked. I can open the Bliz map from the game view or from the Carbonite full-screen view using <alt>+M.

11-06-09, 04:36 PM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

OK, I've gotten alt+M to work to open the Blizz WM. It required me to unbind and then rebind the "M" key. BUT- I can open the Blizz WM by pressing alt+M again. That's the ONLY way I can do it though. Clicking on the Blizz WM minimap icon still opens the large Carb map, but I can live with that. Just "feels" weird, is all. Doesn't help to be "intellectually challenged".

Thanks to everyone who replied. I appreciate the help.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 11-06-09 at 04:42 PM. Reason: DOH!!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite's map options?