12-05-10, 12:26 AM   #1
Coasty
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Western Plaguelands, Andorhal FP

This isn't really a bug as it's more of a new game condition that Carbonite isn't currently set up to properly handle. Anyway...

With the v4.03 patch there is a new FP in Andorhal that you can get. However, once you finish the Battle of Andorhal quest chain the FP disappears from the Blizz flight map (at the end of the quest chain the Alliance once again loses Andorhal). I finished that quest chain several days ago and, at the time, I'd noticed the Alliance NPC's had disappeared but didn't realize until today that the FP had also disappeared.

The problem for Carbonite is that, once you finish that quest chain, if you track FP's you're showing a map icon and tracking arrow distance info for a now non-existent FP in the WP zone.

It looks like there needs to be a conditional database check for this zone to see if that quest chain has been completed before displaying a map icon or distance to FP info for this particular FP.

It sort of makes you wonder if Kalimdor also has a quest dependent FP in one of its zones. I haven't been to Kal since the 4.03 patch, but I'd bet there's one of them there too.

12-05-10, 02:51 AM   #2
Ratu
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by Coasty View Post
This isn't really a bug as it's more of a new game condition that Carbonite isn't currently set up to properly handle. Anyway...

With the v4.03 patch there is a new FP in Andorhal that you can get. However, once you finish the Battle of Andorhal quest chain the FP disappears from the Blizz flight map (at the end of the quest chain the Alliance once again loses Andorhal). I finished that quest chain several days ago and, at the time, I'd noticed the Alliance NPC's had disappeared but didn't realize until today that the FP had also disappeared.

The problem for Carbonite is that, once you finish that quest chain, if you track FP's you're showing a map icon and tracking arrow distance info for a now non-existent FP in the WP zone.

It looks like there needs to be a conditional database check for this zone to see if that quest chain has been completed before displaying a map icon or distance to FP info for this particular FP.

It sort of makes you wonder if Kalimdor also has a quest dependent FP in one of its zones. I haven't been to Kal since the 4.03 patch, but I'd bet there's one of them there too.
Sounds like a bug on Blizz's side as just 2 days ago i also finished that quest chain with a new toon, and I can still fly to that FP. It did not disappear for me.

12-05-10, 01:16 PM   #3
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'll take a look at this when I get a chance thanks.

12-05-10, 04:45 PM   #4
Coasty
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Ratu View Post
Sounds like a bug on Blizz's side as just 2 days ago i also finished that quest chain with a new toon, and I can still fly to that FP. It did not disappear for me.
Hmm... I might have the quest chain name wrong. It's a chain that shows up late in the series of quests in the zone, just about the last one actually. Whichever quest chain that ends up with the Alliance losing Andorhal again is the culprit. When I handed in the finished quest, as soon as I clicked 'Complete" all of the Alliance quest giver/vendor NPC's disappeared, also including the 'grunts' doing the mock fighting all around the town. I got that sort of soft 'gong' sound that occurs whenever something significant happens, the problem there is I can't remember if that sound is scripted by Blizz or one that's been added to the game by an addon.

I didn't think about checking the FP at the time, so I didn't notice it until several days later when going to EP from SW. When I looked at the flight map it finally struck me that the Andorhal FP icon wasn't there. So I went to Andorhal and, yup, no more FP. Definitely not a carb bug, but something new from Blizz.

Heh, whether Blizz planned for it to disappear or it's a Blizz bug is an entirely separate question, but the result is the same in either case.

Last edited by Coasty : 12-05-10 at 04:55 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Western Plaguelands, Andorhal FP