12-29-11, 05:01 PM   #1
youweus
A Murloc Raider
Can't lose minimap/map focus

I'm unable to lose focus on the minimap by clicking on the environment. The map continually follows my cursor, and I can't zoom in or out. I solved this a couple of times by hitting 'M' and clicking anywhere, but then I made the mistake of zooming into the minimap area and clicking. So now I'm stuck. Can anyone help?

EDIT: I managed to workaround it by using the 'ignore mouse unless Alt is pressed' option, but I would like to see a proper fix.

Last edited by youweus : 12-29-11 at 05:12 PM.

12-29-11, 05:36 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Are you having this problem while the map is minimized or maximized? Do you have the Blizzard minimap merged with the Carbonite map? A screen shot would go a long way (at least for me) towards helping with your problem.

That being said:
Carbonite has one map and it is either maximized (large, like Blizzards World Map) or minimized (minimap sized but NOT the minimap). Blizzard gives us three maps: The Minimap (found in the upper right corner of your screen), the World Map (the big map) and the Zone (sometimes referred to as the Battleground) Map. A technicality, to be sure, but it occasionally helps to use the correct terms when explaining something.

If you don't want to have the map scroll (following you) when you are moving, you have to right click the Carbonite map and UNcheck the "Follow You" option in the pop up menu. Of course, this will mean that the map won't "follow you" when you move and you will have to manually drag the map to your location.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

01-02-12, 06:51 PM   #3
youweus
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Are you having this problem while the map is minimized or maximized? Do you have the Blizzard minimap merged with the Carbonite map? A screen shot would go a long way (at least for me) towards helping with your problem.

That being said:
Carbonite has one map and it is either maximized (large, like Blizzards World Map) or minimized (minimap sized but NOT the minimap). Blizzard gives us three maps: The Minimap (found in the upper right corner of your screen), the World Map (the big map) and the Zone (sometimes referred to as the Battleground) Map. A technicality, to be sure, but it occasionally helps to use the correct terms when explaining something.

If you don't want to have the map scroll (following you) when you are moving, you have to right click the Carbonite map and UNcheck the "Follow You" option in the pop up menu. Of course, this will mean that the map won't "follow you" when you move and you will have to manually drag the map to your location.
Oh I didn't know that Carbonite only had one map. When I say minimap I mean the small Carbonite map. Yes the Blizz map and this one are merged. The map scrolling with me is fine, that works as intended, it's just the cursor getting stuck on it that I have a problem with. Here are some screenshots:

Sorry about taking so long to get back to you. I really didn't expect you to reply that fast >.<

01-02-12, 10:29 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The only thing I see that's strange about those two screen shots is that Blizzards cursor is showing on Carbonites map.

Here's what my Carbonite map looks like (well, OK, my whole UI):

Click image for larger version

Name:	Min Map-1.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	6691 Click image for larger version

Name:	Max Map-1.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	167.4 KB
ID:	6692

I'm not sure how this will help, but........

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

01-03-12, 05:59 AM   #5
youweus
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
The only thing I see that's strange about those two screen shots is that Blizzards cursor is showing on Carbonites map.

Here's what my Carbonite map looks like (well, OK, my whole UI):

Attachment 6691 Attachment 6692

I'm not sure how this will help, but........
Well that certainly sounds like it's part of the problem. What could the reason be? Can you think of a fix?

01-03-12, 11:45 AM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I remember seeing Blizzards cursor on my Carbonite maps quite some time ago, but have absolutely no idea what I did to stop it.

I use an "addon" called AI-Art and that's why my player arrow looks the way it does, but other than that I can't think of anything I would have done.

Make sure your Carbonite is up to date (currently Carbonite 4.3). If your Carbonite is up to date, you might try resetting Carbonite and see if that makes a difference.

If you feel comfortable working with the files and folders on your computer, completely exit WoW back to your desktop. Then go to the "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\" folder and rename the "Carbonite.lua" and "Carbonite.lua.bak" files. Be sure to change the file name, not the file extension name (IE: Carbonite_.lua, not Carbonite.lua_). Carbonite will build new ones when you start WoW. BE AWARE that this will completely reset Carbonite back to its' default condition on all of your characters. This is because those files hold all the set up information for all of your characters.

If that doesn't solve your problem, simply go to that folder again and delete the new Carbonite files and rename the old ones back.

You could also try running Carbonite as your only enabled addon. If the problem doesn't continue, there is another addon interfering with Carbonite. The only way to find out which one is to enable small groups of addons, testing after re-enabling each group, until the problem reappears. Then go back and disable that group and enable them one at a time, testing after enabling each one until the problem reappears. That should be the conflicting addon. Disable it again and finish up testing all of your other addons (you never know, there might be more than one). Please let the authors of both Carbonite and the other addon know that there is a conflict.

If it does continue with only Carbonite enabled, then resetting Carbonite should stop the problem. If it continues after resetting Carbonite, you might try visiting the official LUI Forums and see if anyone there is having a problem with Carbonite not working correctly.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 01-03-12 at 11:55 AM.

01-06-12, 07:28 AM   #7
youweus
A Murloc Raider
Uhh... The very thought of having to reconfigure my UI is getting me depressed. Thanks, but I think I'll just use the Alt key workaround and let live.

01-07-12, 10:20 PM   #8
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by youweus View Post
Uhh... The very thought of having to reconfigure my UI is getting me depressed. Thanks, but I think I'll just use the Alt key workaround and let live.
Please check This Post for a fix for your problem.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Can't lose minimap/map focus