06-12-08, 12:33 AM   #561
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If by decursive you mean it has a different set of click-casts than the other frames, both of these would require a non-trivial amount of coding to do, although the highlight one is a bit easier.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
06-18-08, 08:14 PM   #562
Nynaeve
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Cladhaire View Post
No, I absolutely want help, and I've asked for it time and time again. I've never once turned help away, but everyone who was helping stopped some time ago.
I really wish I could help Clad, but I fail spectacularly at coding.
I really wish I could help code, if only to help you get the pet stuff working and get people off your back about it.
You know I love you work Clad, you're a genius. Maybe I'll try to learn some coding to help out.

I haven't played in quite a while and as such haven't tried out the newest release, but I can't wait to play with PerfectRaid again.
06-25-08, 02:39 PM   #563
jweick
A Defias Bandit
i would love to see the ingame ready check icon support (? X and Check) added to Praid. its a great mod, but i hate having to look up in the blizz ui to see who has responded.

also another slight fix would be for life bloom, would like to the number of stacks added to Ui.

thanks in advance
07-15-08, 11:54 AM   #564
Sammmy
A Kobold Labourer
I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong. I just format my computer and reinstall WoW... and downloding perfect raid again. And its says Not Compatible in the Addon page, on my caracter screen.

Do I need to do something different? I was like living with perfectraid since a year
07-15-08, 12:17 PM   #565
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
The only way you'd see not compatible is if you're using a version that is pre 2.0. This would only happen if you've downloaded a VERY old version and not patched up.. (in which case you wouldn't see the incompatible mark).. or you're running on a private server.

PerfectRaid works just fine.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
08-01-08, 08:47 AM   #566
Deadie
A Kobold Labourer
Hello, Perfectraid is my addon of choice for all my healing, but there is one thing I think would make it even more "perfect"

Often in raids it is hard to locate where people are. Perhaps they need healing and are out of range, for example. I think an option of enabling tiny arrows on their healthbar to show their direction in relation to your character would be really useful. Then at a glance you could see where you need to run to reach a particular raid member.

Is this possible?
08-01-08, 08:50 AM   #567
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
No, it's not.
08-05-08, 08:35 AM   #568
znvt
A Kobold Labourer
Thumbs up

Thanks for the mod. Been using it as a bear tank. Its been a great mod for bear tank but i got asked to respec to resto and would like to continue using it if at all possible. Just had a few questions for ya.

1. would be great to see the # of lifeblooms ( other hots) on a target and the timer for it. I know there are mods that show this, but this requires us to divert our eyes away from praid which we all know in end content can be fail.

2. Would be nice to group certain unit frames together (at the top maybe) such as tanks so your not searching for the tanks among the 24 other raiders after you've had to switch back from raid healing.

Q: is there anything in the works for these? or do they already exist and I am just missing it somewhere.

thanks again for the great mod.
.zn

Last edited by znvt : 08-05-08 at 08:40 AM.
08-05-08, 08:38 AM   #569
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by znvt View Post
1. would be great to see the # of lifeblooms ( other hots) on a target and the timer for it. I know there are mods that show this, but this requires us to divert our eyes away from praid.

2. Would be nice to group certain unit frames together (at the top maybe) like tanks so your searching for the tanks among the 24 other raiders.

Q: is there anything in the works for these?

Thanks for the mod. Been using it as a bear tank, and my role has changed to healing but would love to continue using this if possible.

thanks.
.zn
You can do whatever you want with frames.. just make frames the way you want and they'll be displayed. You can change the sort order of your frames, etc. I'm not sure what you mean regarding #2 that can't already be done.

As for #1 what you're asking for isn't "easy".. because there is no good way to handle the different situations, but I'm still trying to figure something out.
08-11-08, 12:58 AM   #570
Hellekin
A Murloc Raider
hi,

i'm having a little trouble with praid for quite a while. i'm using the german client. while in a raid/battlegroup the last entry,the last name in the praidlist often is shown as "unknown", sometimes it's me (appearing twice in the list, i guess i fixed that by deactivating "show player..."), sometimes it's another class shown in tankcolor as "unknown". any idea how i can get rid of that? can be quite confusing.

thanks for your help and this great addon ;o)
08-11-08, 01:02 AM   #571
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
I'll be doing a pretty heavy revamp of the perfectraid system for 3.0 and I hope to weed out any of the bugs like this with a new design. I have hope for lots of other things, just not entirely sure how they'll all pan out. Typically if you reload your UI or even just open praid options and save the raid frame again it'll fix the specific issue you're seeing. I wonder if the client makes a difference, tho I'd hope not.
08-11-08, 05:32 AM   #572
Hellekin
A Murloc Raider
ok, thank you... so i'll keep waiting for your new release... hurry up
i think the client does not make a difference neither, BUT who finally really knows that...
08-13-08, 04:58 PM   #573
Nynaeve
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I'll be doing a pretty heavy revamp of the perfectraid system for 3.0 and I hope to weed out any of the bugs like this with a new design. I have hope for lots of other things, just not entirely sure how they'll all pan out. Typically if you reload your UI or even just open praid options and save the raid frame again it'll fix the specific issue you're seeing. I wonder if the client makes a difference, tho I'd hope not.
Heh. I was actually checking this thread for this exact statement.

Sometimes in BGs, on my characters that can dispel/remove etc, a couple characters will have their frames highlighted, but they don't actually have a disease/curse/magic debuff/poison. The random debuff highlight only shows in the beginning of a BG, and goes away upon clicking, and sometimes upon mouseover.

Still not sure what is causing it, since it is only happening in BGs, and I don't pvp much anymore, I haven't turned mods off to check if there is some sort of problem caused by another mod. I've noticed it the most in AV and WSG, if that helps, also, the debuff varies by character, e.g. if I'm on a druid, it will show a bunch of curses, and if I'm on a priest is will show a bunch of diseases (etc.)

Just thought I'd drop by and let you know. Gonna try to focus on finding the issue as soon as I can, though.
08-14-08, 01:54 AM   #574
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Its happening when people join the BG and the flag doesn't get reset properly. Again, this would get fixed in a revamp using the new API we have available.
08-20-08, 06:49 AM   #575
garnerh42
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

OnUpdate

I'm looking to add my own version of tracking time left on my HoTs. I have the code done to detect mine and display them, but I ran into a snag. UNIT_AURA isn't called all the time so it doesn't update

I didn't see an OnUpdate function in PerfectRaid. Do you have something similar that I missed or do you have a suggestion on where to add something like that?

Thanks!
08-20-08, 06:50 AM   #576
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
You could add an OnUpdate if you need one. Perhaps if you were more clear about what you wanted...
08-20-08, 06:58 AM   #577
garnerh42
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

You could add an OnUpdate if you need one. Perhaps if you were more clear about what you wanted...
Partially I am having trouble with the syntax to get an OnUpdate. If I'm understanding the code, most of the script hooks you've done is to events like UNIT_AURA and UNIT_HEALTH. So I'm not sure if I need an OnUpdate for PerfectRaid as a whole or if I should be looking to add it to the unit frame.

Specifically what I have in mind is that every tick I would check if the unit has a buff with time left that I'm tracking (say Lifebloom). If that is true, then I would call UNIT_AURA to update the frame so the time left number goes down.

Perhaps there is another way to do this?

Thanks for the help!
08-20-08, 07:05 AM   #578
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by garnerh42 View Post
Partially I am having trouble with the syntax to get an OnUpdate. If I'm understanding the code, most of the script hooks you've done is to events like UNIT_AURA and UNIT_HEALTH. So I'm not sure if I need an OnUpdate for PerfectRaid as a whole or if I should be looking to add it to the unit frame.

Specifically what I have in mind is that every tick I would check if the unit has a buff with time left that I'm tracking (say Lifebloom). If that is true, then I would call UNIT_AURA to update the frame so the time left number goes down.

Perhaps there is another way to do this?

Thanks for the help!
You could just wait until I code these features. Explaining to you specifically how you'd need to code that portion of things is frankly as difficult as actually coding them myself. In short, you would need either a Praid-wide OnUpdate, and a new buff flag that tells you to track time. When a configuration includes timed buffs and those buffs appear, you would need to register with the OnUpdate, so that units frames are updated on some timer.

There are about a thousand problems with this, the least being the extremely expensive cost of scanning a unit's buffs even every second, so you'd need to store the buff state, which is just creating garbage.. etc.

Not pretty, which is why I haven't done much with this. Adding a cooldown timer to a buff icon is trivial, but doing something like this is pretty much outside what PerfectRaid was designed to do. I will do what I can in the near future to get this added.
08-20-08, 08:29 AM   #579
garnerh42
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Yeah, it definitely looks like it will get complex fairly quickly. Pitbull can accomplish this, but their code is extremely complicated and subject to massive framerate hits, which is why I have gone back to PerfectRaid.

I may still poke around the code and see if I can get close to what I want. Luckily I only care about this feature on my Druid for Lifebloom so it might not be too bad. Plus it's fun to code and your code is very clean to modify

Thanks for taking the time and I'll look forward to this feature in future versions.
08-20-08, 08:33 AM   #580
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by garnerh42 View Post
Yeah, it definitely looks like it will get complex fairly quickly. Pitbull can accomplish this, but their code is extremely complicated and subject to massive framerate hits, which is why I have gone back to PerfectRaid.

I may still poke around the code and see if I can get close to what I want. Luckily I only care about this feature on my Druid for Lifebloom so it might not be too bad. Plus it's fun to code and your code is very clean to modify

Thanks for taking the time and I'll look forward to this feature in future versions.
Let's clarify.. Pitbull CANNOT do this, since pitbull doesn't have anything like the text based buff system we have, even with all of the dogtags in the world ;-). It can fake it to do something similar with tags, but that's certainly not the same. It not impossible, I just need to figure out the best way to do it. Please feel free to share what you come up with, I can always help and give more information via email or forums, etc.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » PerfectRaid 2.0 Discussion/Help