06-14-07, 09:40 AM   #1
Raptorz
A Black Drake

Question Titan or FuBar?

Hey all! I have been using Titan Panel for a long time but now I thought that I should try FuBar too. So my question is: Which one I should use? I know that FuBar is more flexible than Titan Panel, but I've always thought like: "Ofc FuBar makes more memory than Titan Panel, so I'll stay on Titan cuz I have bad comp." But is it really true that FuBar makes more memory than Titan (ofc with same plugins, like: Regen, Location, Money, Durability, Exp, Clock, Performance, Bag and Ammo) ?

And don't forget to give your opinion of FuBar/Titan Panel

Thanks
06-14-07, 09:45 AM   #2
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I personally use Fubar. It has exactly the modules I want and seems to be more actively updated. Not only that it appears to be actively enhanced with new functionality - Titan appears to me to be simply updated to work with the latest patch.

Thats my perception anyway.
06-14-07, 10:03 AM   #3
MrTorture
A Defias Bandit

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
FuBar is what I use. I use to use Titan but I checked out FuBar and I haven't turned back or even considered it.
06-14-07, 10:05 AM   #4
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Definately Fubar. As Flarin mentions its without question more actively updated. Last several 'recent updates' ive seen for titan merely were enough to get it working for the current patches. While Fubar has a rather robust community of people who contribute to it. not to mention after the inital bar is installed the modules use far less memory in the long run so its better on your system.

As to answer the memory question. since titan each plug in is completely stand alone where fubar uses shared libraries for similar functions there is far less code overall and in the long run less memory.
EX: If you have say 3 titan plug ins that feature a drop down menu system each one has that code written in ts files. With fubar the same 3 plugins would pull the same bit of code from a central source. so each plug in has much less code and less memory.

Thats my understanding of how it works anyhow. Any experts obn this please feel free to correct me .

The nice texture packages for it dont hurt either. You can even make it look like titan if you wish.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
06-14-07, 10:09 AM   #5
Siz
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
I've always heard the opposite; Fubar uses less resources than Titan with similar plugins enabled.
06-14-07, 10:51 AM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
FuBar is better coded, more actively maintained, has more plugins, is more flexible as far as what you can do with it on your screen (can be free floating and resized), etc.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-14-07, 11:06 AM   #7
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Fubar's better.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
06-14-07, 11:18 AM   #8
Raptorz
A Black Drake

Ok, thanks for fast posts

Seems that, everyone is recommending FuBar, so I'll give it a shot
06-14-07, 11:19 AM   #9
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

FuBar - as Dread, Seerah, and Siz explained

06-14-07, 11:26 AM   #10
blay
An Aku'mai Servant
Fubar ftw.
06-14-07, 12:01 PM   #11
Occam
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by MidgetMage55
You can even make it look like titan if you wish.
Yes, and there is an update I just sent to ckknight that is better looking than the one I have in there now. The one in there now looks best only at '15' thickness in FuBar... this new one ups that to the max of 20, and also looks good in lower values.

Don't look at me if you want the texture to work if you have the FuBar at the bottom of your screen though. That's just the way FuBar handles the texture itself, and it's hard for me to do anything about it (although the new one doesn't look too bad when it's attached to the bottom).

Last edited by Occam : 06-14-07 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Clarity
06-14-07, 12:17 PM   #12
Vayder
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
i guess im a loner, but i prefer titan panel. it just looks better IMO. The only reason titan doesnt seem to be updated as much is because alot of people simply moved to fubar so plugin development for titan has all but come to a stop basically. but the original addon itself has always been kept up to date. also, i have NEVER had an error with titan panel and ive been using it since it came out. i HAVE on the other hand had several errors with some fubar plugins and the mod itself. not to say that fubar is a bad mod, obvioulsy buy its use its a great mod, i just prefer titan.
06-14-07, 02:05 PM   #13
GrissomXIX
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

They both have their ups and downs, but I switched to FuBar long ago when it was still called BossPanel and I haven't looked back. I run far too many plugins, but my layout is great and the flexibility of FuBar is unparalleled.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Titan or FuBar?