12-29-09, 11:07 AM   #1
tblackwynd
A Defias Bandit
Part of Map is off screen

Hey all,

Long time user of Carbonite here. Having a problem where the top-most portion of the map (the drag bar, the "X" and the "lock" buttons) are all out of bounds of the screen. I've been searching around and haven't found a way to reset the map's position, or to otherwise move it back on screen.

I've tried deleting and reinstalling the addon, but to no avail. I'd rather not do a clean sweep of my WTF and cache folders, since I have a highly customized UI, and that would take 3-4 hours minimum to put everything back in order just to fix an issue with Carbonite. :/

Any suggestions?

12-29-09, 11:51 AM   #2
Dorchan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

/carb resetwin will reset all the carbonite windows

12-29-09, 08:09 PM   #3
tblackwynd
A Defias Bandit
Thanks for the reply, that helped to get the normal Carbonite window back to its proper place. However, when I press "M" to bring up the full-screen map, it the top of the map is still off screen, and I'm unable to move it. :/

Any suggestions?

12-29-09, 09:23 PM   #4
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Did a quick search of the Carbonite section for "Map Off Screen" and came across this thread HERE

Last edited by Sepioth : 12-29-09 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Changed response

12-30-09, 01:11 AM   #5
tblackwynd
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Sepioth View Post
Did a quick search of the Carbonite section for "Map Off Screen" and came across this thread HERE
Thanks for the reply! I looked through the thread and tried both suggestions in the thread. Neither worked. :/

It seems that the default setting is somehow off the edge of the screen for the maximized map. I guess I need something along the lines of the functionality of "/carb winpos map," but for the maximized map.

Any suggestions?

12-30-09, 06:50 PM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well, there's no need to delete your entire WTF folder. Just go into your WTF folder, and then the Account folder, then your account name folder, and then the SavedVariables folder. Look for the files "Carbonite.lua" and "Carbonite.lua.bak". Deleting those will most likely solve your problem. I looked at those files in individual character folders, but they just seem to contain "Taxi" information.

I use Carbonite on 24 characters spread across 6 servers, so I hope I never have to delete the entire WTF folder. I also use around 140 other addons, so you can imagine how long it would take to set them all up again. Had to do this for Dominos once when I only had around 12 characters. Seemed like it took forever to get it all straightened out again.

Anyway, I hope this helps.

Afterthought: If you use multiple characters, is this happening with all of them? If not, just import the settings to this character from another one that doesn't have the problem. I believe that is done on the "Reset" options page.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Part of Map is off screen