11-27-10, 03:33 AM   #1
-Dragon-
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Quests not always tracked when accepted fast

I use idQuestAutomation and it can accept multiple quests simultaniously, problem is it seems Carbonite only sees one of the quests get added to the quest log and I have to either "Watch All Quests" or go into the quest log to enable tracking on the others. Easiest way to reproduce this is install that addon and go to AT and grab the dailies there, you'll pick up all 9 with 7 clicks but 2 won't get tracking enabled.

11-27-10, 09:10 AM   #2
Chmee
A Molten Giant
What is "AT"?

11-27-10, 09:58 AM   #3
Ratu
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by Chmee View Post
What is "AT"?
Argent Tournament

11-27-10, 10:00 AM   #4
Ratu
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by -Dragon- View Post
I use idQuestAutomation and it can accept multiple quests simultaniously, problem is it seems Carbonite only sees one of the quests get added to the quest log and I have to either "Watch All Quests" or go into the quest log to enable tracking on the others. Easiest way to reproduce this is install that addon and go to AT and grab the dailies there, you'll pick up all 9 with 7 clicks but 2 won't get tracking enabled.
Pretty sure this is not a Carb issue due to the fact that the quest database was wiped, several forum posts on this, and the quest tracking is already a known issue due to the quest database. Check back often for future updates and hopefully soon the devs. will have this quest database and tracking issue fixed.

11-27-10, 10:54 AM   #5
-Dragon-
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

This happened before the patch, and only happens that I notice on quest givers that give more than one quest, not all will be tracked.

11-27-10, 05:45 PM   #6
Chmee
A Molten Giant
I would imagine that the tracker uses some mouse-click event to know when to add quests to the tracker. If this other addon is picking up quests without generating such an event, that would explain your problem. If that is the case (I am, after all, just guessing) then you need to get the author of that addon to fire off those events.

11-30-10, 04:23 PM   #7
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I put checking that addon on the todo list, but it is a low priority, so I may never get around to it as my old todo lists will attest.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Quests not always tracked when accepted fast