11-29-10, 07:29 AM   #1
pohli1
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Minimap Problem

Sorry for bad englisch, i'm german^^

If I enable quest tracking, there is a row of arrows in the minimap to the quest location. So far so good. In the past I had it, that the scale and positiom of minimap all time was on the player so I was able to see mining locations on my way to quest area. Now the minimap everytime goes to the middle between quest location and me. It shows all the trail -> therefor it zooms out and the minimap docks.... (aaaarrrrgh) Now I cannot see minig locations on minimap...

please help!!!

11-29-10, 10:58 AM   #2
Ratu
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by pohli1 View Post
Sorry for bad englisch, i'm german^^

If I enable quest tracking, there is a row of arrows in the minimap to the quest location. So far so good. In the past I had it, that the scale and positiom of minimap all time was on the player so I was able to see mining locations on my way to quest area. Now the minimap everytime goes to the middle between quest location and me. It shows all the trail -> therefor it zooms out and the minimap docks.... (aaaarrrrgh) Now I cannot see minig locations on minimap...

please help!!!
If I am understanding you right, its a setting within Carbonite. OK first one, is on the map itself. In the TOP RIGHT corner of the map is a check box and a box with an X in it. UNCHECK the check box (the one on the left). Second, right click the map, choose Options, in the left column choose Map, then look for 2 check box options. First one is called Restore Map Scale After Tracking Cleared and the second is called Use Travel Routing. UNCHECK both these boxes. The first one combined with the "Auto Scale" check box on the map itself is whats giving you the issue you described. The Use Travel Routing feature is if you would like your way-point arrow to take you through flight paths. By unchecking it it will give you a direct line to your way-point. I hope i haven't confused you and that this helps.

Last edited by Ratu : 11-29-10 at 11:29 AM.

11-30-10, 12:24 AM   #3
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Right click a non icon area of map, select Scale and make sure "Auto Scale Min" is set to .01.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Minimap Problem