10-20-10, 03:10 AM   #1
Eternal Nether
A Murloc Raider
Channel SendChat failed?

I keep getting this error and its followed by a lot of random numbers and letters,at the left of the numbers it says CARBONITE in purple,so what's up?How do I fix this?Been doing this for a few days now. (I've updated to the newest one about 2 hours ago,and was fine until a few minutes ago,where everytime a chat operation is done it says it,Making it impossible to talk or even quest at times.)

Edit: On closer inspection,it only does it when someone or something emotes.

Last edited by Eternal Nether : 10-20-10 at 03:22 AM. Reason: Further Information.

10-21-10, 04:27 PM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Never heard of that specific problem. In the past weird char behavior has been causes by other addons. Please disable all others and test.

11-25-10, 10:10 AM   #3
BigConna
A Kobold Labourer
I have been getting this error as well but only since upgrading to v.4.030108 beta. Note that this is with only the following addons installed and all others disabled:

Carbonite 4.030108
Carbonite Items
Carbonite Nodes
Carbonite Transfer

I included a screenshot below. One thing I've noticed is that it only occurs if you are moving around. If you stay in one place the error doesn't occur. Let me know if you want me to test anything else.

11-25-10, 11:57 PM   #4
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That message is from when SendChatMessage is called and the game says there is an error.

Nothing has changed with communication code, so my guess is the game is in a weird state, another addon or Blizzard changed something causing it to fail in some case.

Try rebooting the computer, then disable all other addons and test.

12-08-10, 10:56 PM   #5
jexlar
A Kobold Labourer
I'm having the same problem. I disabled all other addons and just had Carbonite running and still go error. I disabled all addons and no errors. So I reinstalled Carbonite (v4.031), rebooted computer, disabled all addons except Carbonite and still have the error.

12-23-10, 08:01 PM   #6
darkdreamsxx
A Kobold Labourer
same here. ive followed the same steps as jexlar which are as specified by fataal, and still no progress. has anyone figured out anything??? it only happens on one of my five characters regardless of addons. it almost has to be carbonite as far as i can tell cause it does it with just carbonite enabled and no other addons, but if you turn carbonite off it doesnt do it anymore. ive been trying to figure this out for hours and its super annoying. any help at all would be majorly appreciated.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Channel SendChat failed?