01-03-07, 02:07 AM   #61
Dermott
A Murloc Raider
you were 3 minutes later than i did it ;-) *kidding*

Well good work as i said.

Clad get it in ! This is an order *ironic*

And Clad another question about the template thing by blizz. Did Blizz announce, that they will get things for that into any upcoming patch? Or whats up whis this?
01-03-07, 04:10 AM   #62
Kitami
A Murloc Raider

Hmmm ... looks like my last post was not clear enough, I think.

So let's rephrase: Is there or will there be a way to change the look of displayed debuffs, e.g. adding a border around the debuffed player or a backdrop?
The display works pretty fine at the moment but is a little bit hard to notice if you have a bunch of other buffs displayed to.

Nevertheless: It's great to have PRaid back.
01-03-07, 05:34 AM   #63
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Can you please email the correct file to me, and ensure that its based off the most recent Localization.enUS.lua file? Thanks a ton!
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
01-03-07, 05:35 AM   #64
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Kitami
Hmmm ... looks like my last post was not clear enough, I think.

So let's rephrase: Is there or will there be a way to change the look of displayed debuffs, e.g. adding a border around the debuffed player or a backdrop?
The display works pretty fine at the moment but is a little bit hard to notice if you have a bunch of other buffs displayed to.

Nevertheless: It's great to have PRaid back.
Yes, I've answered this question a few times already, its just hard to find them all at this point.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
01-03-07, 09:50 AM   #65
Swiss
A Murloc Raider

Worked flawlessly for me in AQ20 last night after some minimal setup and I didn't have any conflicts with the multiple addons that I use. I'll be doing some testing of it during the next 40 man I run as well.

One thing I noticed in the buff section is that you have categories for All classes, Mana users, Healers, Nontank, Melee, etc. etc. but I didn't notice a check box for Warriors or Tanks. I have a habit of keeping thorns up on tanks whenever I can (even though it's fairly useless ). Any chance of adding a check box for Tanks or Warriors?
01-03-07, 09:54 AM   #66
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Ack.. Warriors should be there, it must have gotten bumped off =) Sorry about that, I'll get it added back in asap.
01-03-07, 11:33 AM   #67
imYemeth
A Kobold Labourer
Thumbs up

Perfect Raid is finally back... wohoo.

I read that layout customisation options are still in progress, great. Maybe I have a few suggestions what I would like to change...

- bar textures, ok, i think this is on your list.
- im a huge fan of the one colum Layout. The problem is my small monitor, 1024x768 is my max playable resolution. In short: the "Group 1" "Group 2" lines take too much space, I would really like to disable them, or have another option to show group numbers, maybe a single number in front of the first group member:
1 - Player1
- Player2
2 - Player4
- Player 5
- Test mode for configuration purposes.
- Custom Bar and Font sizes

Oh, and the configuration window is great, a breath of fresh orange air in comparsion to the user unfriendly ace sub sub sub sub sub menus.
01-03-07, 11:35 AM   #68
Delena
A Cyclonian

The group label is not like the old praid. In the old praid the group number was showed by the raid members name, and was nice because was more compact. OzRaid has the same problem, puts the group labels in the middle of the names list, but I can hide them at least

I can't be happy, this isn't like the old praid, where I could sort group/class :/
Actually OzRaid is better and I will keep it, because it has a working backdrop, a working sort group/class, and it's more compact.

Last edited by Delena : 01-03-07 at 11:46 AM.
01-03-07, 12:18 PM   #69
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Delena
The group label is not like the old praid. In the old praid the group number was showed by the raid members name, and was nice because was more compact. OzRaid has the same problem, puts the group labels in the middle of the names list, but I can hide them at least
Yes.. I know. Its a beta release. It barely has any customization, as stated. So I've delivered exactly what I said I did.

I can't be happy, this isn't like the old praid, where I could sort group/class :/
Because that's not easily possible without the template support in my current codebase, and I'm not rewriting it to allow it when the templates are upcoming.

Actually OzRaid is better and I will keep it, because it has a working backdrop, a working sort group/class, and it's more compact.
Umm.. k.
01-03-07, 12:43 PM   #70
Delena
A Cyclonian

I will wait for updates, I loved praid pleeeeese
01-03-07, 12:57 PM   #71
Linny
A Defias Bandit
Well the buff/debuff editor is nice and all, but how do I distinguish between "Gift of the Wild" and "Mark of the Wild". It's essentially the same buff with the only difference that one lasts 60 minutes and the other 30.
The backdrops for player frames that praid 1 did for debuffs would be nice to have back sooner then later when there's time to add it.
Is there a possibility to supply default buffs in a file? Would be nice to have for people new to praid because adding everything you want to see by hand by typing in the buff and configuring it is not something everybody will bother with.
01-03-07, 01:00 PM   #72
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Linny
1. Well the buff/debuff editor is nice and all, but how do I distinguish between "Gift of the Wild" and "Mark of the Wild". It's essentially the same buff with the only difference that one lasts 60 minutes and the other 30.

2. The backdrops for player frames that praid 1 did for debuffs would be nice to have back sooner then later when there's time to add it.

3.Is there a possibility to supply default buffs in a file? Would be nice to have for people new to praid because adding everything you want to see by hand by typing in the buff and configuring it is not something everybody will bother with.
1. Thats the sole purpose of the "Group Name" field in the buff editor. Arcane Intellect is the single target, but Arcane Brilliance is the group buff. They only show up as a single buff, when you specify then like that.

2. Yes, I know.

3. I'm trying to figure out how best to do this, it may just be as simple as a dropdown that will fill in the buff editor for you, but I'm not decided.
01-03-07, 01:30 PM   #73
secutanudu
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Clad - are there any slash commands that may be of use? As far as showing/hiding debuffs, in the old Praid i'd just type /praid buff shadow to show or hide shadow buffs. Will there be anything that simple in this version? Not a huge deal, since going into the menu and disabling the buff (thank you, btwn, for adding that feature so fast). Just curious.

I think everyone needs to thoroughly read this thread before posting suggestions. Clad has answered the same questions multiple times.

Also, posts like "i neeeeed an update i love praid" dont do much good either Just adds unnecessary lengthiness to this thread, which is intended to request features and suggest new ideas.
01-03-07, 01:37 PM   #74
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by secutanudu
Clad - are there any slash commands that may be of use? As far as showing/hiding debuffs, in the old Praid i'd just type /praid buff shadow to show or hide shadow buffs. Will there be anything that simple in this version? Not a huge deal, since going into the menu and disabling the buff (thank you, btwn, for adding that feature so fast). Just curious.
That was never a feature in PerfectRaid. I could probably add it so you could trigger it from the commandline, but would it be better to use the abbreviation tag (i.e. Sp for Shadow Prot?), i.e. /praid buff disable Sp. The only other option is /praid buff disable Shadow Protection.
01-03-07, 02:05 PM   #75
secutanudu
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Hmm maybe my memory is playing tricks on me, i know there was some slash command i was using, but that may have been a byproduct of the fact that you were using the ace-style menus (other addons like Grid that use ace menus have all the menu items accessible via command line i think).

In any case, what about making it a toggle? like /praid buff Sp would toggle on/off the buff instead of having to type enable or disable?

I guess using the abbreviated names (Fort, Sp, Spirit) or something would work. Maybe you could also add another field in the buff editor to enter what abbreviation you want to use to toggle the buff from the commandline? Not sure if that's taking it too far or not, but I'd like it At the very least, static abbreviations for all the common buffs (including magic, disease, etc) would be awesome. Also would aid in creating macro's to enable/disable buffs.

Hope this makes sense
01-03-07, 02:09 PM   #76
Linny
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Cladhaire
1. Thats the sole purpose of the "Group Name" field in the buff editor. Arcane Intellect is the single target, but Arcane Brilliance is the group buff. They only show up as a single buff, when you specify then like that.
Ah, now I get what that field is for. Was wondering what to make of it.
01-03-07, 03:02 PM   #77
Gungolf
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by secutanudu
Hmm maybe my memory is playing tricks on me, i know there was some slash command i was using, but that may have been a byproduct of the fact that you were using the ace-style menus (other addons like Grid that use ace menus have all the menu items accessible via command line i think).
I am very sure that there was such a command, although Cladhaire doesn't remember. I used it to get rid of the purple "Sh" whenever there was no need for Shadow Protection.

Btw... Useful debuff for AQ20, Buru's nasty DoT: Dismember

Last edited by Gungolf : 01-03-07 at 03:05 PM.
01-03-07, 04:01 PM   #78
dpanter
A Kobold Labourer
Lightbulb A little tip for all those concerned with the size etc.

This is how I like it... Just posting this as a heads-up, I will not reply to any questions whatsoever. You have all the info necessary, go experiment.
Img not resized, only cropped... for your viewing pleasure! And a very tall post :P

To Clad: Good god man, you is teh pwnest Love the addon mate! 3 thumbs up of 2 possible!
01-03-07, 04:03 PM   #79
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Gungolf
I am very sure that there was such a command, although Cladhaire doesn't remember. I used it to get rid of the purple "Sh" whenever there was no need for Shadow Protection.

Btw... Useful debuff for AQ20, Buru's nasty DoT: Dismember
Ack, I just looked.. and you're right =) I'm cooler than I thought I was, lol.
01-03-07, 04:21 PM   #80
Gungolf
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Cladhaire
Ack, I just looked.. and you're right =) I'm cooler than I thought I was, lol.
Right. Overall a great job you've done so far, I'm happy to have PerfectRaid back - thanks a ton!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » PerfectRaid 2.0 Discussion/Help