03-03-10, 03:13 PM   #161
Nightmare_Lord
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by Raynar View Post
Then how come editing it fixed the problem??...?
maybe that part you added was left out of the code by mistake when Scott added that line trying to fix the stealth and what not problem. This release was address stealth problem and trying to fix the keybinds, so I think it was just an over look on Scott part, can't blame him 700+ lines of code and I would most likely over look something like that. Of course never having the stealth problem I can't say for sure that works for everyone.

03-04-10, 06:25 AM   #162
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
In your screenshots the toon that has the bindings shown not only has the added side bars, but also has "Character Specific Bindings" unchecked. All the others have it checked.
I've always had it unchecked...and it still happens all the time =(

Marth

03-04-10, 06:31 AM   #163
spiel2001
nUI's Author

What happens if you check it, do '/nui rl' then log out, log back in and uncheck it again? Does it work after that?

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

03-04-10, 08:57 AM   #164
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Hmm Mart,

Can you check what the contents of you bindings-cache.wtf is for your account ? I noticed something interesting in mine.

This is my Account Wide keybindings, notice no nUI specific bindings here.
Code:
BINDINGMODE 0
bind 1 ACTIONBUTTON1
bind 2 ACTIONBUTTON2
bind 3 ACTIONBUTTON3
bind 4 ACTIONBUTTON4
bind 5 ACTIONBUTTON5
bind 6 ACTIONBUTTON6
bind 7 ACTIONBUTTON7
bind 8 ACTIONBUTTON8
bind 9 ACTIONBUTTON9
bind 0 ACTIONBUTTON10
bind - ACTIONBUTTON11
bind = ACTIONBUTTON12
bind B TOGGLEBACKPACK
bind F12 NONE
bind NUMPADPLUS MINIMAPZOOMIN
bind NUMPADMINUS MINIMAPZOOMOUT
bind MOUSEWHEELUP CAMERAZOOMIN
bind MOUSEWHEELDOWN CAMERAZOOMOUT
bind ALT-M CARTOGRAPHER_OPENALTERNATEMAP
bind ALT-CTRL-0 NONE
bind ALT-0 NONE
bind SHIFT-L QGT_TOGGLE_TRACKER_KB
bind ALT-A NONE
bind CTRL-A NONE
bind SHIFT-A NONE
modifiedclick NONE SELFCAST
modifiedclick NONE FOCUSCAST
modifiedclick NONE AUTOLOOTTOGGLE
I'm guessing I logged into this character after I installed nUI but I don't remember doing that. There are 3 lines missing and the nUI bindings set up instead of the blizzard ones.
Code:
BINDINGMODE 0
bind 1 CLICK nUI_ActionBar_Button1:LeftButton
bind 2 CLICK nUI_ActionBar_Button2:LeftButton
bind 3 CLICK nUI_ActionBar_Button3:LeftButton
bind 4 CLICK nUI_ActionBar_Button4:LeftButton
bind 5 CLICK nUI_ActionBar_Button5:LeftButton
bind 6 CLICK nUI_ActionBar_Button6:LeftButton
bind 7 CLICK nUI_ActionBar_Button7:LeftButton
bind 8 CLICK nUI_ActionBar_Button8:LeftButton
bind 9 CLICK nUI_ActionBar_Button9:LeftButton
bind 0 CLICK nUI_ActionBar_Button10:LeftButton
bind - CLICK nUI_ActionBar_Button11:LeftButton
bind = CLICK nUI_ActionBar_Button12:LeftButton
bind B TOGGLEBACKPACK
bind F12 NONE
bind ALT-CTRL-0 NONE
bind ALT-0 NONE
modifiedclick ALT FOCUSCAST
And this is one of my characters that had the problem but 1. I never set to defaults and I never ran it with nUI. Notice the 3 lines missing again.
Code:
BINDINGMODE 0
bind 1 ACTIONBUTTON1
bind 2 ACTIONBUTTON2
bind 3 ACTIONBUTTON3
bind 4 ACTIONBUTTON4
bind 5 ACTIONBUTTON5
bind 6 ACTIONBUTTON6
bind 7 ACTIONBUTTON7
bind 8 ACTIONBUTTON8
bind 9 ACTIONBUTTON9
bind 0 ACTIONBUTTON10
bind - ACTIONBUTTON11
bind = ACTIONBUTTON12
bind B TOGGLEBACKPACK
bind F12 NONE
bind ALT-CTRL-0 NONE
bind ALT-0 NONE
bind CTRL-F MULTIACTIONBAR1BUTTON5
And this is one that was bugged but I used the non nUI solution of setting the keybinds to the default and then they stayed. Notice how now the three lines are here as they copied from the default but still character specific for further changes.
Code:
BINDINGMODE 0
bind 1 ACTIONBUTTON1
bind 2 ACTIONBUTTON2
bind 3 ACTIONBUTTON3
bind 4 ACTIONBUTTON4
bind 5 ACTIONBUTTON5
bind 6 ACTIONBUTTON6
bind 7 ACTIONBUTTON7
bind 8 ACTIONBUTTON8
bind 9 ACTIONBUTTON9
bind 0 ACTIONBUTTON10
bind - ACTIONBUTTON11
bind = ACTIONBUTTON12
bind B TOGGLEBACKPACK
bind F12 NONE
bind ALT-CTRL-0 NONE
bind ALT-0 NONE
bind ALT-A NONE
bind CTRL-A NONE
bind SHIFT-A NONE
Now I am wondering what those 3 particular key bindings are used in and maybe that could highlight when or how the problem started occuring.

I can't understand why once I install nUI I can't replicate the problem anymore which then points to nUI doing what it is supposed to be doing. People that are having this problem have it happen the moment they log in ? Or during combat stance change wise which could be an unrelated or partially issue ?

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

03-04-10, 10:02 AM   #165
Raynar
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Raynar View Post
Then how come editing it fixed the problem??...?
Originally Posted by Nightmare_Lord View Post
maybe that part you added was left out of the code by mistake when Scott added that line trying to fix the stealth and what not problem. This release was address stealth problem and trying to fix the keybinds, so I think it was just an over look on Scott part, can't blame him 700+ lines of code and I would most likely over look something like that. Of course never having the stealth problem I can't say for sure that works for everyone.
What I did seems to work with all my characters both Rouges and Druids and that is also saying that the stealth problem is fixed. And I've tried it on multiple computers and it all works.

03-04-10, 06:31 PM   #166
Kurly
A Fallenroot Satyr
My keybindings are fine when I log in. My problem shows up in several situations.
  1. In Occulus going from mounted combat to on foot. Keybindings are gone.
  2. When on my priest, when I switch from my shadow spec back to Holy, keybindings are gone
  3. When doing the mounted Ebon Blade dailies, I lose my keybindings when I dismount.

In fact, if I remember correctly when I switch from Shadow to Holy on my Priest, my keybindings are bound to my shadow spells which are no longer on my action bar. In all cases, if I reload UI, everything is fine.

03-04-10, 08:30 PM   #167
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Kurly View Post
My keybindings are fine when I log in. My problem shows up in several situations.
  1. In Occulus going from mounted combat to on foot. Keybindings are gone.
  2. When on my priest, when I switch from my shadow spec back to Holy, keybindings are gone
  3. When doing the mounted Ebon Blade dailies, I lose my keybindings when I dismount.

In fact, if I remember correctly when I switch from Shadow to Holy on my Priest, my keybindings are bound to my shadow spells which are no longer on my action bar. In all cases, if I reload UI, everything is fine.
Hmm, I'll have to try that on my priest. Maybe I will finally be able to replicate this with nUI. And in that instance perhaps every spec switch will cause that. What about when you just stance switch from shadowform to regular form and back ?

Characters:

03-05-10, 03:32 AM   #168
icepyro
A Kobold Labourer
I haven't read everything here, but here is my thoughts/observations. Before nui, all my keybindings for all of my action bars were set for the most part.

What I notice is when I first login, sometimes none of the buttons are labeled (and sometimes I get lua errors, but I think that's another addon's problem). If I push a button during this time, it's mostly the blizzard default ui bindings I had. When I /reload, things get rebound to how I set up nui (I had moved around bars and rebound keys using nui's interface and not Blizzards at one point, but have since moved them back as nui is easier to visualize than others). If I go into keybindings and click cancel, the labels go away and it returns to Blizzard's bindings before nui.

I've never had the issue outside of those situations. I've done ToC, stealthed as a rogue... don't have a druid... but still.

Given that I log in from other computers that I haven't downloaded nui on, it's pretty much a non-issue for me, although the labels are a nice reminder on my less used keys. So my experience recommends for people to set the Blizzard default keys sometime (may want to disable nui for it) and everything is gravy whether you see labels or not. The bindings are there: BottomLeft = 6, BottomRight = 5, Right Action Bar 2 = 3, Right Action = 4.
This is somewhat counter-intuitive as in the default ui, the right bar on the right is "Right Action" and the one on the left of it is "Right Action Bar 2" where the one on the left of the frames in nUI is Right Action and the one on the right is Right Action Bar 2. (That's a lot of rights).

Just my .02 from the 3-4 months I've been using nUI.

03-05-10, 01:08 PM   #169
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Some of the authors of actionbar addons... what have they done to get around this Blizz bug? Could whatever they did for their addons also be temporarily added to nUI until Blizz fixes this bug?

03-05-10, 01:28 PM   #170
spiel2001
nUI's Author

I haven't had time to reverse engineer other bar mods and, frankly, have to confess I don't know any of them well enough to know what "changed" to address the problem.

But I would be interested to know what solutions are being used.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

03-05-10, 02:11 PM   #171
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Quick look through fix notes of the more prominent bar mods and here's some possibles :

Dominoes
* Fixed the bug causing your bars to not load properly when in a form/stance/whatever.
* Rewrote the bindings system to play more nicely with the stock blizzard bindings.
* Fixed some keybinding display bugs on the action and pet bars
* Updated LibKeyBound.
* Fixed a hotkey display bug.
Macaroon
30100.1.4 -
- Didn't go to sleep tonight, so I got another update out earlier than I anticipated
- Shadowdance is now a workable stance for rogues. You must re-create your stance bars for them to remap correctly (uncheck then recheck the "Stance" option)
- Fixed the buff/debuff highlighting issue where it would show any buff/debuff cast by any other player
- I think I have the hidden binding issue fixed. Let me know if not.
- Added a new feature to deignate if a binding is a priority binding or not. While in binding mode, right-click the bind frame to toggle this. What this means is that if at any moment you have two buttons on the screen showing that happen to have the same bindings, you can deisgnate which one has priority.
- Re-worked the editing modes. You can now enter bind/button edit modes without exiting bar edit mode. You can however still enter bind/button edit modes on their own. While in bar config mode, when you exit it turns off all modes. This is to make configuring different states a bit easier.
Hopefully they commented the code enough to identify the fixes

Characters:

03-05-10, 02:40 PM   #172
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Wouldn't it be easier to just ask them? I would, but they would more than likely reply with some programmer stuff I wouldn't understand lol. People see the "Addon Author" tag under your name and assume you're a programmer.

03-05-10, 02:44 PM   #173
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
Wouldn't it be easier to just ask them? I would, but they would more than likely reply with some programmer stuff I wouldn't understand lol. People see the "Addon Author" tag under your name and assume you're a programmer.
what .. you mean you're not .. rofl

besides, whats the fun in getting the answer given to you ?

Characters:

03-05-10, 02:46 PM   #174
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
what .. you mean you're not .. rofl

besides, whats the fun in getting the answer given to you ?

lol /bonk

I would love nothing better than to learn this stuff, but I learn via tutorials (hands on learner) and so far I haven't been able to find one written well enough to teach me anything.

Not that we want things handed to us, but it's more for all those who've been waiting patiently for a fix to this irritating issue. Just when I think the problem is gone, it rears it's ugly head again.

Last edited by Petrah : 03-05-10 at 02:48 PM.

03-05-10, 02:56 PM   #175
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Yeah, I understand. I'm trying to decipher how the LibKeyBound library works but it's all greek to me and I only know a little greek rofl.

And *shudder* the dominos author hardly puts any comments in their code. Guess I'm too commentative in mine rofl.

Grr, young whipper snapper programmers rofl .. Macaroon author not commenting code either rofl.

So basically I have no idea what they added when to the code to even get a hint as to what they did to fix it. Assuming of course it is truly fixed

Characters:

Last edited by Xrystal : 03-05-10 at 03:23 PM.

03-05-10, 03:41 PM   #176
Nightmare_Lord
A Cliff Giant

Yeah, I understand. I'm trying to decipher how the LibKeyBound library works but it's all greek to me and I only know a little greek rofl.

And *shudder* the dominos author hardly puts any comments in their code. Guess I'm too commentative in mine rofl.

Grr, young whipper snapper programmers rofl .. Macaroon author not commenting code either rofl.

So basically I have no idea what they added when to the code to even get a hint as to what they did to fix it. Assuming of course it is truly fixed
wow not putting comments when coding is just bad coding practice, should always do that so if someone else was reading your code they know what it does.

does those addons even work with NUI?

here a screenshot of both addon going.

Last edited by Nightmare_Lord : 03-05-10 at 05:22 PM.

03-05-10, 04:03 PM   #177
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
wow not putting comments when coding is just bad coding practice, should always do that so if someone else was reading your code they know what it does.

does those addons even work with NUI?
Seeing as they are action bar addons they are not suggested but whether people manage to get them working is another matter

Characters:

03-05-10, 05:37 PM   #178
Nightmare_Lord
A Cliff Giant

Seeing as they are action bar addons they are not suggested but whether people manage to get them working is another matter
I asked them what they did to fix it and they had no clue which problem I was talking about lol. so i sent them a screenshot, just waiting on them to get back. I should maybe go and look at the code and see if I can see what they did.

where is Blizzard Bar Code at, I check all the folders that say Blizzard but can't seem to find it to be able to look at their coding on the bars and keybind.

Last edited by Nightmare_Lord : 03-05-10 at 05:56 PM.

03-05-10, 06:58 PM   #179
Nightmare_Lord
A Cliff Giant

Just Noticed Something Scott

Scott I noticed something about your bar code

I looked at your nui_layout_Default_Dashboard.lua

and I noticed something, this not not fix the keybinds not showing up but grabs blizzard ones even with the left bar garbing page 3 instead of page 4

I noticed that in your code you tell your left action bar panel to grab the spells on page 3, but to grab the keybinds on page 4 and same thing with the other side you right action panel is set to grab page 4 spells but to get binding from page 3 lol

I posted 2 screenshot showing what I mean, one circle in red is your code, and in blue is what I changed. Like I said even through the binding still don't show up on the bars, left panel binding are same as what blizzard has them set to under vanilla wow. MultiActionBar Binding 3 belongs to Page 3 action bars, and MultiActionBar Binding 4 belongs to page 4 action bars.

kk even when I remaped them so left panel pulls page 4 and right does page 3 keybinds still don't show up, but that binding fix I did still kept the binding in the right spot/ now to figure how how to get them to show up at all time with out a /nui rl, I thinking that since doing /nui rl gets them to show it it might be a timing issue when login and when nui grabs the text
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NUI Default Code.JPG
Views:	557
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	4048  Click image for larger version

Name:	NUI Binding Grab Code Chnaged.JPG
Views:	565
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	4049  

Last edited by Nightmare_Lord : 03-05-10 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Corrected some errors

03-05-10, 07:05 PM   #180
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I asked them what they did to fix it and they had no clue which problem I was talking about lol. so i sent them a screenshot, just waiting on them to get back. I should maybe go and look at the code and see if I can see what they did.

where is Blizzard Bar Code at, I check all the folders that say Blizzard but can't seem to find it to be able to look at their coding on the bars and keybind.
Ah, lets see if their link works and Ill link it for you.

Darn, link still not working. I have the file on my computer though.

I think these files are the main action bar.. Just noticed the bonusactionbar files which I suspect are the 2 side bars.
Attached Files
File Type: lua ActionButton.lua (13.7 KB, 529 views)
File Type: xml ActionButtonTemplate.xml (2.6 KB, 1373 views)
File Type: xml ActionBarFrame.xml (6.5 KB, 527 views)

Characters:

Last edited by Xrystal : 03-05-10 at 07:08 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » Keybinds wiping out