02-15-10, 02:05 PM   #1
Shanyn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
What's the name of that death log addon?

I'm looking at making the switch from Recount to Skada. One negative thing I've heard about Skada is that the death log functionality is fairly poor. As a healer main, having a good death log at my fingertips is crucial to me. "No problem," I figured. "I'll just download that one death log addon everyone used to talk about." I couldn't think of the name. I figured it'd come to me.

It hasn't. And google hasn't been particularly helpful in this endeavor. Can anyone help me, please?

I remember the most popular one started with an A.... I was thinking "Acherus" for some reason, but there's no addon by that name that I can find, so I guess I just had the word stuck in my head from talking with some friends about how I want that flight path on my not-DKs. :\

Thanks very much in advance for any help you can offer.
Quoted text is the original post. It figures that since I asked I finally stumbled on the proper search string--the addon I was thinking of was Acheron. Upon further research, it seems the author of Acheron no longer has time to maintain the addon. While I realize it probably still works perfectly well, in the interest of having a UI that'll keep ticking for quite some time, I'd like to change the purpose of this thread to:

Does anyone know any good death log addons that are being actively maintained, aside from Acheron and Recount?

Last edited by Shanyn : 02-15-10 at 02:20 PM.
02-15-10, 03:22 PM   #2
v6o
An Onyxian Warder
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There was a similar topic on this recently asking for this types of addons

Conclusion was but not sure whether they are broken or updated (just because it isn't for the latest patch doesn't mean it's broken)

Obituary, Ouch, Fatality and the one you mentioned, Acheron

If you need to contact me, do so on Twitter @v6ooo

Best regards, v6.
02-15-10, 03:25 PM   #3
Shanyn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Oh. I'm so sorry if this topic was recently posted. I see one a bit down the page mentioning Obituary only, but I must admit I didn't search as thoroughly as I could have before posting. I usually get angry with people for not searching properly, and here I am doing it myself. >.< Forgive me.

Thanks very much for the list, though!
02-16-10, 07:24 AM   #4
sacrife
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Maybe fatality does what you need?
It's a simple addon that reports the final killing blow of a player in raidchat.
For instance

roguedkdk was killed by (Thorim's Hammer) for 9001

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » What's the name of that death log addon?