09-01-12, 01:36 AM   #381
Dalmasca1
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by lcy860218 View Post
why i cant find then new version on wowinterface or curse?
It's undergoing a major revision right now in the UI. Meorawr took it down, presumably so additional feedback wouldn't based on an old build/design.

You might want to hold off on certain questions or phrase them differently until the new version is released.

Last edited by Dalmasca1 : 09-01-12 at 01:39 AM.

09-01-12, 07:59 AM   #382
zohar101
A Cyclonian

why i cant find then new version on wowinterface or curse?
Probably got tired of bit@#$^% from the general population about what's missing from the addon and how it's different to what it used to be instead of getting constructive feedback about what works option layout wise and how to improve it. I know I got tired of reading it, I can only imagine how he felt lol.

09-01-12, 08:33 AM   #383
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It's mostly because I went from ~10 people giving consistent amounts of feedback to about a thousand giving bug reports and general complaints. I do read basically every comment, so it was significantly slowing me down in fixing issues.

Clearly the releases weren't as ready as I'd hoped, so I just took them down so I could work on them without needing to consistently delay any work on bugfixes and future updates. It doesn't help that Curse's comment system is absolutely horrible in terms of replying - if I reply to a comment on page #2 it'll take me back to page #1. Kind of gets annoying when dealing with page numbers of 7+

I'll try and get back to regular preview releases for feedback purposes in a few days time.

09-01-12, 10:11 AM   #384
EGreen
A Defias Bandit
Appreciations and Encouragments...!!!

I wanted to take the time to say Thank you to the Power Auras Classic team and especically Meorawr. I was involved in level creation and other related addon work for the online community (Unreal Tournament and whatnot) back in the day. I know how much effort, time and energy goes into it all.

I use Power Auras as my primary addon for WoW... and love it. Have tried endless addons... but this one is my bread and butter. The new 5.0 interface is excellent (once we can copy/paste and import... will be crazy cool).

In any event... wanted to say Thank You!

E

09-01-12, 10:12 AM   #385
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
I <3 you too

Also I'm looking into re-enabling global auras. I figure now is a good time to take a look at it.

Last edited by Meorawr : 09-01-12 at 10:32 AM.

09-01-12, 10:43 AM   #386
EGreen
A Defias Bandit
Testing the new revisions?...

If you are looking for constructive feedback... that has no comments related to "bitching", "Why does it NOT do this or that" or "Is it done yet?"... then any version you have to test past PowerAuras_5_0_RC_3 would be good for many of us to test for you. Don't know where to get the files at this time (aka your previous post on pulling the files). Will volunteer to test drive if needed.

E

09-01-12, 01:24 PM   #387
tehiche
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Meorawr View Post
Bombs as UnitAura triggers work fine, it's just the UI kind of sucks in explaining how the matches work.

In short, you'll need two matches. Matches are basically combined as Or (|) checks, so we're looking for Frost Bomb or Living Bomb or Nether Tempest. I've rolled up the two bombs into a single match, and the second one covers Nether Tempest.

In 4.x the way you'd do this is by using / delimiters between the effect names, which don't work now (for various reasons). The advantage to using this is you can configure each match independently, so you could set it up so that it matches YOUR Living Bomb or ANYONE'S Nether Tempest - if you're weird like that

I'll add tooltips and help text to that part of the UI soon.
I thought I tried it but I forgot several things! Sorry for being a dumb :<

Also I speak for me and my guild when I say your work is appreciated, I hope the whining doesn't put you off!

09-01-12, 01:50 PM   #388
Shanyn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Meorawr View Post
It's mostly because I went from ~10 people giving consistent amounts of feedback to about a thousand giving bug reports and general complaints. I do read basically every comment, so it was significantly slowing me down in fixing issues.

Clearly the releases weren't as ready as I'd hoped, so I just took them down so I could work on them without needing to consistently delay any work on bugfixes and future updates. It doesn't help that Curse's comment system is absolutely horrible in terms of replying - if I reply to a comment on page #2 it'll take me back to page #1. Kind of gets annoying when dealing with page numbers of 7+

I'll try and get back to regular preview releases for feedback purposes in a few days time.
I'm sad. You should've kept going with what you were doing; it was a really good, powerfully configurable interface that people just needed to get used to.

I made a how-to video that I would love to link here but trying to do so embeds the damn thing wtf, search youtube for "world of warcraft - how to use power auras in patch 5.0"--it's long but aims to fully re-teach people how to use Power Auras from the ground up. I was going to spread it farther but when I went to look for the link to put with the video, I find out about all this. Baw.

Last edited by Shanyn : 09-01-12 at 01:54 PM.

09-01-12, 02:58 PM   #389
Adalace
A Murloc Raider

Oh my god. I was so scared when I saw that the addon was down. So it sounds like you will still be developing the addon and putting it back up later? That is a huge relief if that's the case, and I can hold out until then. For what it's worth the addon is working perfectly for me in-game right now and I use it all the time.

09-01-12, 03:00 PM   #390
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Yeah, I'm aiming for two weeks to get stuff back in shape

09-01-12, 04:46 PM   #391
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
I'm trying to create a power aura that will change color based on stacks. I'm using texture display.

Activation
1:Unit buff/debuff Titanic Strength (using this for testing only)
2:Stacks (== 1)
3:Stacks (== 2)
Sequence 1: (Trigger 1)
Sequence 2: (Trigger 2|3)

Actions - Color
Sequence 1 (Trigger 2) (color white)
Sequence 2 (Trigger 3) (color green)

The display shows at any stack amount, just the color doesn't change.

What am I doing wrong?

09-01-12, 04:47 PM   #392
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Are the stacks triggers present on the color action? That's where they need to be, it sounds like they're on the activate action.

09-01-12, 04:57 PM   #393
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
That did it. In future versions will triggers be able to be shared instead of recreating them in 2 places?

Also is the only point of having sequence under activation is for more complicated logic checking.

So since we can't do 1&(2|3) we have to do Seq1: 1 then Seq2: 2|3.

So far that's the only use I see for sequence under activation.

For the display I made I used the stacks trigger for the colors, and activation used the name of the buff. This way I'm not recreating the same trigger.

09-01-12, 05:01 PM   #394
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Two reasons for why sequence is under activation in the mockups (which I assume you're talking about):

1) Duration, Delays and whatnot are technically tied to sequences. Advanced logic too.
2) I try to recycle the editor components and systems where possible, mainly so that there's some level of familiarity ("oh hey, I've seen this editor under the activation page before!") and because it's easier to maintain one UI as opposed to multiple UI's.

As for sharing triggers, I could consider it, but I'd rather implement a copy/paste system for them or something. Anyway, bedtime.

09-01-12, 05:31 PM   #395
TyBudd
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Unit Id's

I noticed upon selecting a unit ID it seems that I can only select in its most basic form, for example.

There is a selection for "pet", but I can't specify it the way you can with a macro like "pet:spirit beast", is this a bug or is it intended?

I found a work around with your check off option in Activation under KNOWN, but yet and still this might come of in another instance that can't be worked around that easily.

thanks in advance, and nice to know that you take the time to read all the comments.

09-01-12, 06:43 PM   #396
Kvalyr
A Defias Bandit
I've encountered just one bug with 5.0. Namely, auras disappearing from the list of auras when the configuration menu is open; but still showing on-screen and functioning perfectly.
I've only encountered it once (during a battleground), so I can't offer much info as to what might have caused it; and it didn't actually stop me from editing auras since I could click them anyway, but a ReloadUI solved the issue.

Aside from that tiny issue, the lack of copy/paste fpr Auras/Textures and the lack of global auras are the only things keeping 5.0 from being every bit as awesome for me as 4.x was.
It's an essential addon for me, and I have to admit to feeling a bit smug about getting my hands on 5.0 to tide me over until the next release.

The ease of anchoring different auras or textures to each other is excellent and really adds to the overall usability of the addon, too.

09-01-12, 06:47 PM   #397
Stabilo
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Shanyn View Post
I made a how-to video that I would love to link here but trying to do so embeds the damn thing wtf, search youtube for "world of warcraft - how to use power auras in patch 5.0"--it's long but aims to fully re-teach people how to use Power Auras from the ground up. I was going to spread it farther but when I went to look for the link to put with the video, I find out about all this. Baw.
That was a really nice guide. Pleasant to listen to/look at, and well narrated Will surely help people with getting started, even with the changing UI.

You did overcomplicate the Curse of the Elements check, you can just specify multiple matches in the dialog where you type in the name of the buff/debuff. Of course you might have done it to show the advanced editor.

And, while it's personal preference, you could have worked a bit with using the auras as a grouping utility for different displays (think of displays as the old version auras) that are "similar", in your case appear at the same spot for example or are otherwise connected to each other. This helps keep the aura list tidy and will be how it'll be done in the next version!

09-01-12, 06:48 PM   #398
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
Not sure if this was a known bug, but stacks display, no matter what I try, transparent text, mod, glow, etc. The text always has a black background. In the editor during test mode it seems to work. But when actually using the display it shows text with a black background.

09-02-12, 07:13 AM   #399
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Did you change the texture to one with a "(Transparent)" suffix?

I'll change the default to a transparent one eventually.

09-02-12, 09:54 AM   #400
Shanyn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Stabilo View Post
You did overcomplicate the Curse of the Elements check, you can just specify multiple matches in the dialog where you type in the name of the buff/debuff. Of course you might have done it to show the advanced editor.
I honestly didn't know. I will fiddle with it. >.<;

Originally Posted by Stabilo View Post
And, while it's personal preference, you could have worked a bit with using the auras as a grouping utility for different displays (think of displays as the old version auras) that are "similar", in your case appear at the same spot for example or are otherwise connected to each other. This helps keep the aura list tidy and will be how it'll be done in the next version!
I'm honestly not sure what you mean by "a grouping utility for different displays," but if you'd care to give me an example I can look into redoing the video with the new interface once Meowrawr is done with it and including something like this.

If I had to make a guess, you mean, say... a 5-part aura with one display for each holy power you have?

Feel free to PM me if you don't want to clutter up this thread, I'm starting to feel self-conscious about all the posts I make here, haha!

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Archived Beta Forums » MoP Beta archived threads » Power Auras Classic 5.0