10-06-12, 10:08 AM   #1
Kendian
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Doctor Who

Has anyone else watched the latest episode of Doctor Who? And do they feel cheated as well? Not gonna spoil it, but seriously?

Last edited by Kendian : 10-06-12 at 05:58 PM.
10-07-12, 05:49 AM   #2
Detox904
A Defias Bandit
actually i have yet to finsh last season. and btw doctor who is amazing
10-07-12, 06:17 AM   #3
Coote
A Scalebane Royal Guard

I never really liked Smith no matter how much I tried. I found him to be the worst of the Doctors, and his companions to be more annoying than the previous ones, as well. Pretty much stopped watching it shortly after they got rid of Tennant.

"This is the fifteen-thousandth four hundredth and ninety-eighth occurence".
10-07-12, 09:50 AM   #4
Kendian
A Molten Giant

Actually, Tom Baker is my favorite Doctor. Tennant was a REALLY good Doctor, (my wife's fave) but trying to follow Tennant's performance would have been hard for ANYONE, I think. But still, the latest season finale kinda pissed me off~
10-07-12, 11:30 AM   #5
septor
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Can't say I'm shocked about what happened (partly because of reading about it). I'm actually happy that's how they did it, to be honest. Hard to say more without spoiling anything.

As far as Smith as the Doctor -- I don't mind him, but he's not my favorite thus far. Mind you, I started watching Doctor Who with Eccleston as the Doctor, so obviously Tennant is my favorite so far.
10-07-12, 11:32 AM   #6
Glanville
A Murloc Raider

Yeah Tom Baker was my fave as well, but I agree I too was disappointed.
10-08-12, 03:09 AM   #7
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I don't feel cheated at all, and I loved the episode! Mind you, I'm never happy when "it" happens, but it has to happen eventually (hope that made sense without giving anything away!).

I loved Tom Baker (and his Jelly Babies lol), but David Tennant was my fav. Matt Smith... he eventually grew on me hehe.
10-08-12, 03:18 AM   #8
eiszeit
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I still think Smith is better than Eccleston.. but Tennant is just.. the best. Dunno why. I was kinda sad when they replaced him. Same for companions.. Rose and Harkness were the best. :>

And about the latest episode.. was kinda suprised how it ended.
10-08-12, 03:23 AM   #9
Coote
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by eiszeit View Post
I still think Smith is better than Eccleston..
Sacrilege! Eccleston nailed the part perfectly. The 9th Doctor was a jaded a-hole, and he pulled it off better than Smith pulling off the, uhhh, creepy weirdo Doctor or whatever he was supposed to be?

10-08-12, 04:00 AM   #10
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Coote View Post
The 9th Doctor was a jaded a-hole
Christopher Eccleston was the 9th Doctor.
10-08-12, 04:06 AM   #11
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by eiszeit View Post
I still think Smith is better than Eccleston.. but Tennant is just.. the best. Dunno why. I was kinda sad when they replaced him. Same for companions.. Rose and Harkness were the best. :>

Agreed. 100%

My daughter fell madly in-love with Tennant, and refused to watch the show again when he left lol. Rose was perfect for him! I've enjoyed all of the companions since they renewed the show back in 2005. Each of them had their own special thing.
10-08-12, 04:11 AM   #12
Coote
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
Christopher Eccleston was the 9th Doctor.
Yes, I'm aware of that. Might be a bit early in the morning, but give it a quick re-read, and you'd see.

10-08-12, 04:28 AM   #13
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Ah. From the way you stated it, it sounded like you didn't like him much (seemed like you were talking about Tennant). Now that I've re-read it though I can see how it can be taken both ways.
10-08-12, 04:37 AM   #14
Danzeebar
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
Ah. From the way you stated it, it sounded like you didn't like him much (seemed like you were talking about Tennant). Now that I've re-read it though I can see how it can be taken both ways.
Just like Captain Jack

Agree though, Eccleston was easily the best doctor since the reboot.
10-08-12, 06:05 AM   #15
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

A bit of trivia.. 35 years ago today we first saw K-9, one of Tom Bakers companions.
10-08-12, 09:32 AM   #16
sakurakira
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Kendian View Post
And do they feel cheated as well?
No, I didn't feel cheated.

I still miss Rose, to be honest =/.
10-08-12, 10:00 AM   #17
Kendian
A Molten Giant

Eccleston was fanTAStic Tennant was pure cool , Smith is kinda like the nerd that gets asked to prom....when you look past the nerd, he has a LOT to offer. Seriously...who doesn't take a to a party?

P.S. And while Rose was very cool.. I STILL get goosebumps when I watch the Pond wedding episode.
"I remember you, Raggedy Man, and you are LATE for my wedding!"

Last edited by Kendian : 10-08-12 at 10:03 AM.
10-08-12, 07:25 PM   #18
Phanx
Cat.

I haven't finished the last season either. I just don't like Matt Smith that much, so sadly Doctor Who has been relegated to the status of "things to watch after watching everything else and only while doing something else and not listening to music".
10-15-12, 04:57 PM   #19
Digital_Utopia
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

To be honest - if there was a point where I felt cheated, it would be last season's finale. I mean, they spent the entire season (including that "break") building up to the Doctor's supposed death, and episode by episode they seemed to go out of the way to close off any possible way of getting out of it. Now, granted - I would've been completely surprised if they actually went ahead with killing the Doctor, but it was the way they actually saved him that made it feel so ridiculously cheap that I could only be left with giving a Tennant-style flat "what" when I saw it.

As far as which one is the better Doctor- while understanding that there's been 11 different actors that have brought their interpretation to the role, I'd have to say that while I greatly enjoyed Tennant's portrayal, as well as liking him as an actor - if I had to say which actor of the New Who that embodies what I'd feel a 900+ year old Time Lord, that has seen more, and has been more than any human will ever see and do, while having a deep fascination and care for humans - I'd have to honestly say that Matt Smith does a better job of portraying the character as how I'd imagine him to be.

Yes, Tennant was certainly quirky with his fashion sense, and there's no doubt he had a lot of love for the role he played - but he never really struck me as someone who was actually playing an alien - someone that has seen so much; but not only seeks out companions because he likes humans, and not just because it prevents him from doing reckless things; but because he needs to live through their excitement and wonder, just to maintain his sanity. That's just something Matt Smith - again in my own opinion - manages to pull off better.

That being said - I do honestly enjoy all three of them, and Tennant does take a very close 2nd place - but to be honest, it would be even closer if Tennant didn't also mean Rose and Donna.
10-30-12, 04:37 PM   #20
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
I've enjoyed all the doctors since the first one... like everyone else Baker was my favorite, but each one has brought something to the role.

As for the mid-season finale (can't call it season finale since still christmas special then 7 more episodes to come) I was moved by it... deeply... teary eyes moved. And I couldn't of asked for a better way to end thier story.

Of course I knew long before hand they were leaving and the new girl (who I don't like one bit.. even baker said the doctor is better served by an imaginary pet turnip on his shoulder then a sexy young hotpot like the new companion). I will be very curious to see how they bring her back into the story after episode 1's reveal of who she is.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Doctor Who