10-14-09, 01:12 PM   #1
Treboron
A Cyclonian
Keybinds wiping out

Starting today 10/14 on multiple toons and multiple spec (whether or not i swapped) my NUI keybindings disappear and/or reset.

Disappear = standard keys like 1 thru = still work but do not show up on Nui's buttons anymore

Reset = specific keybinds assigned to various nui bar boxes are just gone.

I have rekeybound on 1st toon. After a dungeon run they suddenly disappeared and reset while on my second toon.

No general error messages. Any suggestions where to start looking?

10-14-09, 01:18 PM   #2
todd0168
A Frostmaul Preserver

I had this happen to me once (not since rekeybinding) and my friend who I got hooked on nUI has been having this happen to him a lot over the last few days.

10-14-09, 01:24 PM   #3
Treboron
A Cyclonian
Update i just logged back into toon 1 and all key binds have disappeared and reset upon log in/

Again 1 thru = work
but anything custom is gone again. sigh

10-14-09, 03:00 PM   #4
Treboron
A Cyclonian
2nd update... Now that I remember it the problem actually started last night when my new (1st ever) druid learned bear form and i went into that stance.

THe keys were non-bound and I rebound them before logging...

Wasn't there an old bug with druids and nui?

10-14-09, 03:02 PM   #5
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
From the WoW Forum
Q u o t e: by Slouken
Right now if you want to disable the setting synchronization, you can do this on each computer where you want only local settings:
/console synchronizeSettings 0

In 3.0.3 you will be able to manage macros vs key bindings separately:
/console synchronizeConfig 0
-- turns off synchronization of UI settings
/console synchronizeBindings 0
-- turns off synchronization of key bindings
/console synchronizeMacros 0
-- turns off synchronization of macros

Whenever settings are downloaded from the server, the old settings are saved in <file>.old, so you can quickly log out, move them back into place and they'll be uploaded to the server (unless synchronizeSettings is 0).

10-14-09, 03:20 PM   #6
Treboron
A Cyclonian
Thanks... But...

Which one of those do I need and why do i SUDDENLY need to do this?

Any chance my 3hour ban could have did something to those settings? (Reported for trade chat spamming - So much for having some fun).

10-14-09, 03:59 PM   #7
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The one that says keybindings. There is a bug within the game that causes them to (sometimes) disappear when they're saved server side. Save them locally instead.

My boyfriend has the exact same issue... all his keybinds keep disappearing.

10-18-09, 02:37 PM   #8
schizophrena
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
From the WoW Forum
I wish the /console command worked... but I've tried it and nothing happens (straight copy/paste)

10-18-09, 03:32 PM   #9
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by schizophrena View Post
I wish the /console command worked... but I've tried it and nothing happens (straight copy/paste)
Read the thread. I gave a secondary option.

11-07-09, 09:57 PM   #10
miklav
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
From the WoW Forum
Ok i used all those commands and NONE of them do anything what so ever to alieviate the keybindings issue???? I copied and paste I typed them out nothing in any post in the begining of this thread shows me how to save keybindings locally. could someone who happens to know an easy way for people who DO NOT know code to solve this issue please? like enter this command exactly and it will save your keys locally. thanks in advance.

03-03-10, 11:43 AM   #11
Raynar
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Hey!!! I THINK I ACTUALLY FIXED IT!!!
Well, I was looking at nUI_ButtonBar.lua and was testing different codes, when I found line 726 with my UI Designer program, and this is what I did.

-- if layout.binding then ClearButtonHandlers( _G[layout.binding .. id] ); end

I added the blue part in front of the green and everything seemed to start working. I hope that's ok with everyone that I did that.

Edit (update) 1:
Yep, I can log in and out, switch characters, and shapeshift, enter combat, and the keybindings don't get stuck, and It seems to work great and has absolutely no problems that I can see.
Combat: Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_030310_125915.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	359.3 KB
ID:	4038 And No Stick: Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_030310_125937.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	347.0 KB
ID:	4039

Last edited by Raynar : 03-03-10 at 12:25 PM.

03-03-10, 12:02 PM   #12
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Okay Scott, apart from the ClearButtonHandlers function what is that line supposed to do.

And Raynar, there's no problem doing that if you know what you're doing How do you think I figure some of the problems out

Edit: Hmm, looking at that function, all it seems to do is unregister events and clearing functions. Is there a reason that needs to be done Scott ?

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

Last edited by Xrystal : 03-03-10 at 12:04 PM.

03-03-10, 01:20 PM   #13
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Raynar View Post
Hey!!! I THINK I ACTUALLY FIXED IT!!!
Well, I was looking at nUI_ButtonBar.lua and was testing different codes, when I found line 726 with my UI Designer program, and this is what I did.

-- if layout.binding then ClearButtonHandlers( _G[layout.binding .. id] ); end
That line only exists in the latest version of nUI. It's not in the previous version.

03-03-10, 02:16 PM   #14
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
That line only exists in the latest version of nUI. It's not in the previous version.
D'oh, darn it, blast it.... one of these days ... *sigh*.

How long have people had this problem happening. Seeing as I myself have only seen it happen yesterday without nUI I can't answer that question myself

I took a look at the ActionButtonBar_Update function and the version around now is the same as the one in version 2.0.0 so unless people have had the problem since Burning Crusade which I doubt Blizz must have made a change some other file I can't relate to the problem as yet.

Characters:

03-03-10, 02:35 PM   #15
Raynar
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Then how come editing it fixed the problem??...?

03-03-10, 03:13 PM   #16
Nightmare_Lord
A Cliff Giant

maybe that part you added was left out of the code by mistake when Scott added that line trying to fix the stealth and what not problem. This release was address stealth problem and trying to fix the keybinds, so I think it was just an over look on Scott part, can't blame him 700+ lines of code and I would most likely over look something like that. Of course never having the stealth problem I can't say for sure that works for everyone.

03-04-10, 10:02 AM   #17
Raynar
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Nightmare_Lord View Post
maybe that part you added was left out of the code by mistake when Scott added that line trying to fix the stealth and what not problem. This release was address stealth problem and trying to fix the keybinds, so I think it was just an over look on Scott part, can't blame him 700+ lines of code and I would most likely over look something like that. Of course never having the stealth problem I can't say for sure that works for everyone.
What I did seems to work with all my characters both Rouges and Druids and that is also saying that the stealth problem is fixed. And I've tried it on multiple computers and it all works.

03-07-10, 09:18 AM   #18
deanna2028
A Kobold Labourer
Key Bindings

I have had problems with the key bindings when I change the window size or if I switch toons. It has occasionally happened if I have alt-tabbed for some reason as well.

03-07-10, 09:22 AM   #19
Ichibi
A Kobold Labourer
my key bindings just vanished if i switched to my other talents while in shadow form. if i deavtivate shadow form and switch talents, the bindings wont be deleted.
maybe my hint helps a little cause i imagine it could be the same if a druid switches talents in any form.

03-07-10, 09:24 AM   #20
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Ichibi View Post
my key bindings just vanished if i switched to my other talents while in shadow form. if i deavtivate shadow form and switch talents, the bindings wont be deleted.
maybe my hint helps a little cause i imagine it could be the same if a druid switches talents in any form.
Thats interesting. Did you try it without nUI to see if the problem persists there. It sounds like the combination of remaking the actionbars as well as setting the relevant keybinds may be a little skewed.

Characters:

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » Keybinds wiping out