10-08-08, 08:40 AM   #1
Lynx0
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Nameplate Mod

Are there any other nameplate mods like Aloft? I have been using Aloft for quite some time, and I love it. But since yesterday have been recieving errors. After disabling all mods, and enabling them one at a time, I figured out it was Aloft. I completely removed it, and went and got the latest version, the errors were still there =/

So... any other mods, the same, I could check out?
10-08-08, 08:48 AM   #2
Gnarfoz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Or you could post the error and thus maybe resolve the problem? ;-)
10-08-08, 09:09 AM   #3
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Lynx0 View Post
Are there any other nameplate mods like Aloft? I have been using Aloft for quite some time, and I love it. But since yesterday have been recieving errors. After disabling all mods, and enabling them one at a time, I figured out it was Aloft. I completely removed it, and went and got the latest version, the errors were still there =/

So... any other mods, the same, I could check out?
http://vranx.com/nameplates.htm
10-08-08, 09:29 AM   #4
Lynx0
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Would if I could

Originally Posted by Gnarfoz View Post
I would love to show you, or anyone the error, and get it fixed, as Aloft is the best nameplate mod. But the error is shown to me in a blizzard window and I cannt copy/paste. Is there anything I can do to be able to copy it?
10-08-08, 09:37 AM   #5
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

BugGrabber + BugSack
10-08-08, 09:59 AM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
or Swatter (comes with Auctioneer) or you can just type it (though it wouldn't be a full stack trace).

Btw - are you using the latest version from this site?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-08-08, 10:59 AM   #7
Dajova
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

I believe that pTags would work otherwise...
10-08-08, 11:08 AM   #8
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by richerich View Post
I believe that pTags would work otherwise...
That addon is still discontinued
10-08-08, 11:15 AM   #9
Lynx0
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

k

Originally Posted by Gnarfoz View Post
Originally Posted by p3lim View Post
BugGrabber + BugSack
Okay I got both of these mods, and Idk what else I did but Aloft seems to be working, as of right now.. but here are 2 errors i recieved..

[2008/10/08 11:56:16-4-x1]: AceEvent-2.0\AceEvent-2.0.lua:21: AceEvent-2.0 requires AceOO-2.0
AceEvent-2.0\AceEvent-2.0.lua:21: in main chunk

AND

[2008/10/08 11:56:16-4-x1]: SharedMedia-1.0\SharedMedia-1.0.lua:18: SharedMedia-1.0 requires AceEvent-2.0.
SharedMedia-1.0\SharedMedia-1.0.lua:18: in main chunk
10-08-08, 12:05 PM   #10
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Not sure what's causing your first error, but it sounds like some mod is trying to load libraries in the wrong order.

As for the second error, get rid of SharedMedia-1.0. The only version now is regular old SharedMedia.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-08-08, 12:10 PM   #11
Lynx0
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

k

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Not sure what's causing your first error, but it sounds like some mod is trying to load libraries in the wrong order.

As for the second error, get rid of SharedMedia-1.0. The only version now is regular old SharedMedia.
K, thanks alot Seerah
10-08-08, 12:40 PM   #12
acapela
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Lynx0 View Post
Are there any other nameplate mods like Aloft
i am the one trying to maintain Aloft. with the "demise" of WoWAce as a repository, i have moved "my" version here to WoWInterface:

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...AloftBeta.html

i notice someone else has posted an AceComm-2.0/AceEvent-2.0 error in the comments for Aloft here on WoWInterface, and now you are seeing a problem with AceEvent-2.0/AceOO-2.0.

these issues appear to be new and i have not been able to reproduce. running "my" version of Aloft alone, or in conjunction with a wide variety of other addons, library load errors like this don't seem to crop up for me.

as well, while there are a few things wrong in my implementation, i went from SharedMedia-1.0 to LibSharedMedia-3.0 a while back. a recent version of plain old "SharedMedia" should also be based on LibSharedMedia-3.0.

anyway, in terms of the version that is available here at WoWInterface, i had to fiddle around with a development version of the Ace2 libraries to get a version of Aloft put together that would run under WoW 3.x/WotLK, and that induced some artifacts. it is always somehow possible that the Ace2 i have embedded in Aloft is conflicting with the version(s) of Ace2 that are embedded in other addons. perhaps the main version of Ace2 is now more stable under WoW 3.x/WotLK. i can do some testing, and repackage with a more "compatible" version of the Ace2 libraries. i will put that on my list of stuff to do.

feel free to try "my" most recent version of Aloft, and see if it works any better for you.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Nameplate Mod