10-17-09, 05:54 PM   #21
schizophrena
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I copied the macro exactly as it was stated on the post and pasted it. I got no confirmation or anything, so it wasn't working for me.

As to the mod, I'd rather just do a quick /nui rl - as that carries the information to the NUI bars so I can work - I just have to remember that after I switch toons and before I enter PVP/Raids.

10-17-09, 07:12 PM   #22
sully3592
A Murloc Raider
/nui rl fixed the problem for me

10-18-09, 05:56 AM   #23
miklav
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
well now I dont feel so bad wiping our 25man heroic toc on icehowl yesterday wheew freaking all of a sudden im tanking icehowl I didnt notice for a few seconds then it was to late and melee dps pulled agro then wipeage because I couldnt do anything wich = wipeage!!!.
thanks alot blizzard for messing with something that wasnt broken sigh!!!!....

10-18-09, 06:22 AM   #24
Alpha Dog
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Over the past 6 months I have had the same problem. I would log onto a toon & the keybindings were gone. A quick /nui rl would fix it & I might not loose the bindings again for a week or more so it was not a serious problem as it only happened upon logging in, but never during game play.

This past week has been different in that almost everytime I log into a toon I have no bindings & have to do a /nui rl. Also once I'm on a toon & playing I will loose the bindings with no apparent reason for loosing them. When I loose the bindings I cant even mouse click on a button to make it work, & all I can use is the movement keys on my keyboard.

Again /nui rl resets the bindings but when it happens during a fight I'm dead by the time the rl finishes (lol) & this can happen 2-3X per hour.

Last edited by Alpha Dog : 10-18-09 at 06:25 AM.

10-18-09, 08:59 AM   #25
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This is interesting.

If it matters any, I have never had this happen to me, but I do not store my key bindings server side. I store them locally only. I might suggest you give that option a go and see if it helps.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

10-18-09, 09:53 AM   #26
schizophrena
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Alpha Dog View Post
This past week has been different in that almost everytime I log into a toon I have no bindings & have to do a /nui rl. Also once I'm on a toon & playing I will loose the bindings with no apparent reason for loosing them. When I loose the bindings I cant even mouse click on a button to make it work, & all I can use is the movement keys on my keyboard.

Again /nui rl resets the bindings but when it happens during a fight I'm dead by the time the rl finishes (lol) & this can happen 2-3X per hour.
I can at least click (much much slower) the boxes to do my attacks... but I would hate to tank something by clicking like that. Also, if I remember right my bottom bars would always work (had them mapped to Ctrl+numberpad key; and Alt+Ctrl+numberpad key.)

Also, once I fix the problem on that toon it doesn't re-disappear for me.

10-18-09, 12:45 PM   #27
Alpha Dog
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

An update:
I have been using an addon called Spell Flash which was updated on Tues.

This problem started happening after I installed the updated addon. I've since rolled back to the older version & so far today no dissappering keybinds.

Anyone else using Spell Flash & having this problem?

Hope this helps

10-18-09, 01:14 PM   #28
schizophrena
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Alpha Dog View Post
An update:
I have been using an addon called Spell Flash which was updated on Tues.

This problem started happening after I installed the updated addon. I've since rolled back to the older version & so far today no dissappering keybinds.

Anyone else using Spell Flash & having this problem?

Hope this helps
Nope, I don't have that addon. (Haven't heard of it until now either)

10-18-09, 01:31 PM   #29
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

/sigh I wish people would read the entire thread before posting.

This is a Blizzard bug. Save your key bindings locally and the issue will go away.

10-18-09, 02:37 PM   #30
schizophrena
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
From the WoW Forum
I wish the /console command worked... but I've tried it and nothing happens (straight copy/paste)

10-18-09, 03:32 PM   #31
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by schizophrena View Post
I wish the /console command worked... but I've tried it and nothing happens (straight copy/paste)
Read the thread. I gave a secondary option.

10-19-09, 01:45 AM   #32
schizophrena
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Read the thread. I gave a secondary option.
Trust me, I have - re-read post 21.

I still think the easiest thing (avoiding another addon) is to simply do a quick /nui rl. That seems to fix the problem until I switch toons.

10-19-09, 02:11 AM   #33
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Trust me, I have - re-read post 21.

I still think the easiest thing (avoiding another addon) is to simply do a quick /nui rl. That seems to fix the problem until I switch toons.
Add this to your Config.wtf file;

SET synchronizeBindings "0"

10-19-09, 08:36 AM   #34
schizophrena
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Well I put that into the config.wtf file (it wasn't there). Now when I first log in, all my keybindings show up.

When I switch toons (and even if I go back to the first logged in), the keybind names (such as num1, Ctrl num1, etc.) do not show up, but still work. The tooltips will show "no key bindings found". /nui rl will bring those names and recognition over, so for me right now it's more of a graphical issue than a use issue. I can handle this, but thought it may be helpful in trying to figure out what the problem may be.

10-19-09, 09:17 AM   #35
spiel2001
nUI's Author

I actually saw this behavior myself on the PTR this weekend where the key bindings worked, but there was no display of the key binding name on the action button. I'll look into that and see if I can sort it out.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

10-19-09, 05:40 PM   #36
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Well I put that into the config.wtf file (it wasn't there). Now when I first log in, all my keybindings show up.

When I switch toons (and even if I go back to the first logged in), the keybind names (such as num1, Ctrl num1, etc.) do not show up, but still work. The tooltips will show "no key bindings found". /nui rl will bring those names and recognition over, so for me right now it's more of a graphical issue than a use issue. I can handle this, but thought it may be helpful in trying to figure out what the problem may be.
Sounds like two different issues. One is definitely a Blizzard bug, but not sure about the other one as it's either a Blizz bug or an addon issue. The only way to really tell is to start with a clean Interface and WTF folder with no addons and test it.

10-20-09, 06:59 AM   #37
Screid123
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Possible vehicle issue causing wipe?

Just wanted to chime in with my experiences as well...

I've noticed this issue, but oddly enough it only happens to be when I do Trial of the Champion and/or Flame Leviathan. It occurs after the vehicle/mounted phase in ToC and after defeating Leviathan, when the server "kicks" you out of the vehicle. My (and my wife's) bindings reset every time. Perhaps it is due to the "bars" resetting? Either way, since we're not jumping into combat right away we usually have time to go through 1-by-1 and rebind all the keys. Luckily we don't use a lot of custom bindings; just the default 1-=.

I will try the console command when I get home from work and see if that helps or resolves. It could just be a coincidence that it happens to me on these events, but a coincidence that's happened 100% of time the past 2-3 weeks nonetheless.

10-20-09, 06:04 PM   #38
Treboron
A Cyclonian
/sigh I wish people would read the entire thread before posting.

This is a Blizzard bug. Save your key bindings locally and the issue will go away.
NO THIS DOES NOT FIX IT!!

(kettle calling pot - who didn't read the whole thread? )

10-20-09, 06:10 PM   #39
Treboron
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Screid123 View Post
Just wanted to chime in with my experiences as well...

I've noticed this issue, but oddly enough it only happens to be when I do Trial of the Champion and/or Flame Leviathan. It occurs after the vehicle/mounted phase in ToC and after defeating Leviathan, when the server "kicks" you out of the vehicle. .
On that note, this first occurred to me (orignal poster) the first time I learned how to shape shift on my new druid. Now it happens on every toon.

As stated by many /nui rl works (But can be slow with toons with lots of other addons).

10-20-09, 07:37 PM   #40
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Just thought I'd throw this out there if you enter your keybinding menu and hit cancel instead of save it will wipe the keybinds from nui's bars. There was an old post on this can't remember where though. Anyways maybe that will help a couple of you but it seems to be happening to frequently for that.

Also an /nui rl used to fix that problem as well

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » Keybinds wiping out