11-24-09, 11:32 PM   #61
Jordro
A Cyclonian
Same problem

It must be something blizzard introduced because I didnt have this problem until last week. I am using my work computer this week and have the same problem every time I come out of stealth. One thing I did notice. I can spam a button and see it on its second or two cool down sweep for that button graphic but to actually have it do what its intended to do I have to click it with the mouse.

11-27-09, 02:13 AM   #62
Naabaldan
A Defias Bandit
Keybings not schown after Charload

I'm new to nUI+, but experienced the problem of dispeared keybindings after char load. /nui rl will solve this for sure. Keybindings may show correctly after loading a char rarely.

There ist also an actionbar/keybinding swap of the two right actionsbars, when keybindings are not shown.

I suppose this behavior ist due to a timing issue on load, because /nui rl will solve the problem at all. My first guess will be that keybinding information ist not available at the moment you initialize the actionbartext, keys are bound correct as you use them, besides the swap of this two right action bars.

Hopefully my english is not that poor (fishing for complements?), 'cause I'm german.

12-07-09, 04:26 PM   #63
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Scott,

This issue was getting to the point of aggravation (keybinds wiping out every time I log into a toon, zone, get off argent tourny mounts etcetera) so I renamed my Interface and WTF folders and logged into the game with fresh settings and no addons. I went down the list and logged into each one of my characters. The first few were fine with all keybinds intact, and then I logged into my hunter. Low and behold, no keybinds.

nUI may be exacerbating the issue, but I don't think it's completely nUI's fault.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_120709_141614.jpg
Views:	576
Size:	485.8 KB
ID:	3618  

12-07-09, 04:48 PM   #64
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Yeah --

I have poured through the code and I've tested every way from Sunday and no matter what I do, it always looks like WoW is just saying you don't have any key bindings.

I'm really stumped and while I'm always hesitant to ever say "it's not my code" I'm as close to convinced as I can be that this is a WoW bug introduced in their last patch.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

12-08-09, 12:30 AM   #65
SkyviewGuru
A Murloc Raider
I was using nUI on all my toons until this bug drove me insane to the point of needing to remove it until it's resolved. I had the same problem with keybindings with nUI on the PTR when nUI was the only addon I was using on PTR. /nui rl fixed it every time but that got old waiting for all the addons to reload. I tested without nUI and using Bartender instead, and everything worked as expected.

Thus, I uninstalled nUI and resorted to using Bartender for my action bars on the live server for now, and the keybindings it sets are held every time I use any toon on my account. This problem has never bothered me since.

Therefore, if it's a Blizzard introduced bug, it would seem that keybindings would be screwed up on every addon that manages them. It would seem to me that it's a conflict with nUI and a possible change that Blizzard made, but I wouldn't say it's a Blizzard bug since it doesn't affect other addons that manage keybindings.

Just my two cents.

Looking forward to a resolution so I can go back to using nUI again.

Last edited by SkyviewGuru : 12-08-09 at 12:33 AM.

12-08-09, 09:44 AM   #66
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by SkyviewGuru View Post

Therefore, if it's a Blizzard introduced bug, it would seem that keybindings would be screwed up on every addon that manages them. It would seem to me that it's a conflict with nUI and a possible change that Blizzard made, but I wouldn't say it's a Blizzard bug since it doesn't affect other addons that manage keybindings.

Just my two cents.

Looking forward to a resolution so I can go back to using nUI again.
How do you explain my screenshot above? Deleted Cache folder, fresh WTF and Interface folders with no addons installed, and tried saved settings from both local and server side. The bug shows up with nothing but the bare bones game installed (no addons).

12-08-09, 02:07 PM   #67
miklav
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Here is an update If i switch toons same server it looses the bindings everytime i do that with out shutting down the game if I shut the game down and logg back in my keybindings are fine and I do not loose them until I switch toons.
If i leave game they are ok if i just relogg to a diff toon or the same toon the bindings dissapear visually atleast. until I shape shift on my druid then I get you need to be in direbear or kitty etc to use that ability. and Yes a /nui rl works temporarily.

ive tried the deleting all addons and reinstalling etc. this i can get to happen 100% of the time as described above. I also had this same problem on the ptr with the latest ptr build and no other addons to didnt test it with out nui though.

12-08-09, 09:01 PM   #68
SkyviewGuru
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
How do you explain my screenshot above? Deleted Cache folder, fresh WTF and Interface folders with no addons installed, and tried saved settings from both local and server side. The bug shows up with nothing but the bare bones game installed (no addons).
Assuming it's a Blizzard bug, it evidently can be worked-around since I have never had this problem using just Bartender to manage my action bar. So there may be some code in Bartender that could help unlock the mystery behind this problem.

Don't get me wrong -- I don't blame nUI for this bug. I just know that I've not run into the bug since leaving nUI and using Bartender, so this bug can be avoided somehow, regardless what the source is. Once nUI integrates this "fix" or work-around, I'll be glad to come back to it.

12-08-09, 09:39 PM   #69
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Thing is I have never run into this problem and I switch toons and log in and out constantly so I would assume it's not an nUI bug and that whatever it is doesn't affect everyone nor does it happen on a consistent basis with everyone even if it does effect them.

12-08-09, 10:25 PM   #70
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Same here but unfortunately due to never using keybinds anyway .. Im a click caster or a normal 1,2,3,4 etc person so never use fancy key combinations.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

12-09-09, 07:07 PM   #71
miklav
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
hold everything guess what???

blizzard fixed the issue on there side I now do not have to reload ui when i switch and its not the new version you put out because I had the very same issue on the ptr so rest assured its nothing in Nui causing it it was all blizzard I havent had to reload once since the new patch.

12-09-09, 07:10 PM   #72
SkyviewGuru
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by miklav View Post
hold everything guess what???

blizzard fixed the issue on there side I now do not have to reload ui when i switch and its not the new version you put out because I had the very same issue on the ptr so rest assured its nothing in Nui causing it it was all blizzard I havent had to reload once since the new patch.
That's good news. I'll have to try nUI again and see how it works for me now. Thanks for your update.

12-09-09, 07:51 PM   #73
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

It's not fixed. It's still happening on my end, and my boyfriend is still having the issue as well. Accept with his, he totally loses them altogether. Not only do they visually disappear, they no longer work period.... until he reloads the UI.

12-10-09, 07:44 AM   #74
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I just noticed this on the wow forums. May be related to some of the problems people are having. Unable to test myself of course but hopefully the suggestions in the forum will help them.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...59516108&sid=1

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

12-13-09, 06:33 PM   #75
roncli
A Defias Bandit
Could this all be due to the action bars being misplaced?

For instance, I assign a bunch of keybinds to the vertical bar to the left of the unit frames. When nUI is working as intended, it's fine, but when the keybinds are not shown on the bars, the keybinds that are supposed to be on that bar are mapped to the vertical bar to the right of the unit frames.

Perhaps mapping the nUI action bars to the correct Blizzard action bars will fix this, or at least make it so the keybinds work when nUI loses them.

12-13-09, 06:36 PM   #76
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The issue seems to have stopped for me, although not for my boyfriend. For me I think it stopped right after the 3.3 patch.

12-13-09, 06:59 PM   #77
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Lol and I jinxed myself by saying it never happened to me. It's only happened once or twice, when I come out of stealth with my rogue.

12-13-09, 07:16 PM   #78
spiel2001
nUI's Author

The issue with it happening when you come out of stealth is probably not the same issue as the broader one. That one is very like a taint issue.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

12-15-09, 03:44 PM   #79
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Unfortunately I didn't notice the action blocked message in the chat nor any other errors in bug sack, but I could be wrong. I'll keep my eyes open for them though.

12-17-09, 03:50 PM   #80
Nightmare_Lord
A Cliff Giant

Keybindins not showing up/Bars Switch

Originally Posted by roncli View Post
Could this all be due to the action bars being misplaced?

For instance, I assign a bunch of keybinds to the vertical bar to the left of the unit frames. When nUI is working as intended, it's fine, but when the keybinds are not shown on the bars, the keybinds that are supposed to be on that bar are mapped to the vertical bar to the right of the unit frames.

Perhaps mapping the nUI action bars to the correct Blizzard action bars will fix this, or at least make it so the keybinds work when nUI loses them.
Scott,

I noticed that as well what ever is singed to the left action bar with nui is really the right one when the keybinds don't show up. Doing it with out NUI and than putting NUI on makes the two left action bars switch.

EX right side of nui is set to be Alt + X than Alt A-' and the left is Alt +C than Alt + Q-[ is how I set them when the keys don't show up they are switched Alt+ W is Alt+S until I do /nui rl and it goes back. Just something you should look at and maybe flip the bars around in the code like Roncli said so Alt + A is Alt + A when they don't show up.

I Have included a Screenshot so you get a better idea what I am saying. (1st Shows How it should be when working, 2nd shows What it is until /nui rl after login.

Look where Alt+A = Shadowflame and Alt+Q = Rain of Fire is; when the keys don't show up they are switched to be Alt+A = Rain and Alt+Q = Shadowflame until of course you do /nui rl. So like Roncli said the bars are switched.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KeyBindings.jpg
Views:	544
Size:	588.9 KB
ID:	3707  Click image for larger version

Name:	KeyBindings 2.jpg
Views:	531
Size:	572.9 KB
ID:	3708  

Last edited by Nightmare_Lord : 12-18-09 at 01:16 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » Keybinds wiping out