06-08-10, 03:58 AM   #1
Aalwein
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Backing up/restoring WTF settings

I know many add-ons have a "profile" feature so it's real easy for these add-ons to be synced across your toons. Is there an add-on or a simple method for syncing the add-ons that don't have a profile setting?

I tried to just copy the [Character1] folder in WTF to [Character2], but that doesn't catch what is saved in the SavedVariables folder. I'm assuming there is no easy way to copy over settings in individual files that save "per toon" in the same file?
06-08-10, 07:31 AM   #2
suicidalkatt
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by Aalwein View Post
I know many add-ons have a "profile" feature so it's real easy for these add-ons to be synced across your toons. Is there an add-on or a simple method for syncing the add-ons that don't have a profile setting?

I tried to just copy the [Character1] folder in WTF to [Character2], but that doesn't catch what is saved in the SavedVariables folder. I'm assuming there is no easy way to copy over settings in individual files that save "per toon" in the same file?
Most of those Per Character saved variables should copy perfectly.

Which addon are you not getting your settings for, and were you in-game when you copied them?

I would recommend using this:
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...11-Reflux.html
06-08-10, 04:24 PM   #3
Aalwein
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Reflux is exactly what I'm looking for. It's a pain searching for addons because people name them in such oddball manners sometimes!

It was only a few smaller addons that weren't copying over correctly. The other thing, which apparently is saved server-side, is the chat tabs/windows; it seems I will just have to manually set those for every toon.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Backing up/restoring WTF settings