06-02-10, 02:19 AM   #1
lostyi
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

A problem of Bartender4

Can I use a macro to hide/show a actionBar of Bartender4. And How?

Thanks
06-02-10, 02:29 AM   #2
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Not sure if you can make a macro for it, you can however make custom states for a bar to hide or show in various situations.

A brief explanation for it can be found here.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
06-02-10, 02:39 AM   #3
lostyi
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Yes, I found the page, but there's not enough information to use a macro to control the actionbar, I found something like this:

[Combat]hide; show //NOT a macro
06-02-10, 09:42 AM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Bartender4 uses macro conditionals. You can enter the above in the options for the bar you want to hide/show.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-02-10, 10:40 AM   #5
lostyi
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Bartender4 uses macro conditionals. You can enter the above in the options for the bar you want to hide/show.
Can you show me a example about hide a bar?
06-02-10, 05:13 PM   #6
harrellj
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
What are you trying to accomplish with this macro? What Seerah is suggesting is using the conditionals that a macro usually has (ie: do different things depending on if a modifier is used like shift/alt/control or whether you're in combat or not or any number of other settings). In your macro, are you trying to refer to specific buttons, just the action bar itself?
06-02-10, 05:39 PM   #7
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Bartender4 (and Dominos) uses what they refer to as a "Conditional State Driver" that uses macro-like inputs. It's just not as complicated as a macro but will allow you to put it in to Bartender directly so it will effect the bar without taking up an additional slot with a macro icon or the need to type it into chat every time you want to use it.
Can you show me a example about hide a bar?
If you want the bar to show only in combat, that is: If you are not in combat, and the bar is totally hidden (even on mouse over) and that bar appears only when in combat, do this: "[combat]show;hide". If you want it to show when targeting, do this: "[target=target, exists]show;hide". Do not use the quotes. Those are there because I quoted a post on the bottom of this page. In the options for each bar there is a spot to input "custom conditionals" and that is where you put the "macro-like" text.

If you just want a bar to be hidden, and appear on mouse over, I'm sure there is an option for that. I know it can be done with Dominos, and except for the way (GUI) you set them up, they are virtually identical in their usage. If you just want to hide an unused bar, there is an option for that. I can't tell you exactly where, but I know there is one.

I used Bartender4 for a short time but ended up going back to Dominos because I felt the way you set BT4 up was complicated, and it acted the same as Dominos anyway.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 06-02-10 at 06:16 PM.
06-02-10, 09:25 PM   #8
lostyi
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I'm sorry, it's My fault!

I mean:click "ESC"--select "Macro", and make a macro here, and I click this macro to hide/show the bar, It's not write a Condition in bt4
06-03-10, 09:40 AM   #9
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Well, I'm thinking that the whole idea behind the "custom conditionals" thing is so you don't need to make a macro to make your bars do what you want them to do. Making a macro will just take up an action bar slot that you could use for an ability. Use the built-in ability of the action bar replacement (in your case Bartender4) and you save yourself an ability slot that would otherwise be taken up by a macro icon.

What I'm trying to say is that you are trying to do something in a way that you don't have to. With Bartender4 you don't have to make an "external" macro to deal with action bar "show states". You can put it right into the configuration of the bar itself. An added benefit of this is that if you get into a surprise combat situation you don't have to take the time to click on a macro to have your bars do something.

I suppose that you could make an "external" macro to control the bar states, if you really feel the need for it. I don't have any idea how it would be written, though, since I don't understand how to write macros.
06-03-10, 11:05 AM   #10
lostyi
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Ok, I got it!

Thanks everybody!

I'll try it by a “Inside” Macro.. Thanks again
06-04-10, 09:40 AM   #11
lostyi
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Sorry, I think I have to use a "external" macro to control... Because I want to the bar show/hide when I want.

I click the macro, and the bar show/hide, that is. but I can't click a "inside" macro ..

how to......
06-04-10, 09:49 AM   #12
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The other way could be to have it show when holding a modifier key.

ex.
Code:
[mod:alt] show; hide
Show if ALT is pressed, otherwise hide

or
Code:
[mod:alt, mod:ctrl] show; hide
Show if ALT -and- CTRL are pressed, otherwise hide

You can even combine things
Code:
[mod:alt, mod:ctrl][combat] show; hide
Show if ALT and CTRL are pressed -or- if in combat, else hide
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » A problem of Bartender4