06-11-10, 10:44 PM   #1
Neuhnee
A Kobold Labourer

Question scrolling action bars

can anyone recommend an add on that will simply add a few bars to the main selectable action bar? by default there are only two that can by selected via the arrows in the centre of the screen. my goal is to have a number of bars i can scroll through enabling me to categorize groups of actions that while useful, need not waste permanent screen time. ie: a bar i can put all my fishing actions on (fishing gear set, apply lure, cast), another i can keep my trade skills on (summon fire, open various crafting menus), one for portals, poisons, food/flask, and so on. the addons i've tried thus far such as bartender simply *add to my screen clutter, while what i want is to *reduce screen clutter.
06-11-10, 11:05 PM   #2
harrellj
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
opie

too short
06-12-10, 12:42 AM   #3
Taryble
A Molten Giant

By default, the main Action Bars are limited to 10 bars of 12 buttons each. The default actionbar system only allows access to 6 of them - the other 4 are reserved for stance/shapechange state changing.

Thing is, from the 6 the default UI allows you to use, you have 1 visible by default, and you lose 1 for each of the other visible bars you turn on - TopRight, TopLeft, Right1, Right2. This leaves you with only 1 left over available for paging if you have the optional bars turned on.
06-12-10, 09:07 AM   #4
Chibi
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Most bar addons (like Bartender) should have the ability to hide/show bars based on different conditionals anyway. In my setup (with dominos) I have a tradeskill/utility bar that for example, has among others, a [worn:Fishing Poles] header condition, that way it pops up when i put a fishing pole on, and disappears when I take it off.
06-12-10, 11:05 AM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I know Dominos, and I would be very surprised if you can't set up Bartender4 this way, can be set up so that the main action bar "pages" just like the default main action bar. IE: "shift + mouse wheel scroll" (or "shift + a number). With Dominos, at least, you get to decide which bars will page (you can stop individual bars from paging). I would, again, be very surprised if this can't be done with Bartender4.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » scrolling action bars