02-14-07, 03:14 AM   #121
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by 123noob
By themes, do you just want to have same layout but with different type of background textures? If so, then I can lend a hand in creating one of my all-time-favorite theme, EverQuest, when I used to make these compilations back then. Here's the screenshot of it.

123noob EverQuest

Yeah, basically, though there would have to be a few other items like border for edit boxes and the casting bar. It would also have to conform to the dimernsions of the current art, since much of the position is based on it.

02-14-07, 07:59 AM   #122
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz

Yeah, basically, though there would have to be a few other items like border for edit boxes and the casting bar. It would also have to conform to the dimernsions of the current art, since much of the position is based on it.
True, but as long as my dimensions are created withint the dimensions of the current art, everything will be easy. I'll give it a go sometimes and post up a SS.

02-14-07, 09:12 AM   #123
Lethalweapon
A Cyclonian
Maybe I am thinking 30th century but.. if you could somehow implement a mod into your compliation that allows us (the users) to report bugs and have it dump them into a folder on your desktop Mazzle. And no I am not saying that all you want to do is look at bug reports all the time but perhaps supply them to some of your beta testers too.

(Just woke up too)

02-14-07, 10:20 AM   #124
Gnomaam
A Defias Bandit

This is my first post here so forgive me if I missed something.

The one thing I feel Mazzle could use is automatic swapping of trinkets when mounting/dismounting ala Stupid Mount, etc.

If this feature already exists I have been unable to find it (and would appreciate knowing how to utilize it)

This is far and away the best UI I have ever used, Fantastic work!

02-14-07, 10:20 AM   #125
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Lethalweapon
Maybe I am thinking 30th century but.. if you could somehow implement a mod into your compliation that allows us (the users) to report bugs and have it dump them into a folder on your desktop Mazzle. And no I am not saying that all you want to do is look at bug reports all the time but perhaps supply them to some of your beta testers too.

(Just woke up too)
I think that's what the buggrabber do. Even though that it doesn't save the reports onto the desktop, you can still check it and copy paste into a notepad/wordpad or whatever.

02-14-07, 10:24 AM   #126
shaktiboi
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Additional in-line documentation for Clique options

In the inline doc you provide in the MazzleUI Options window for the Clique addon, I'd suggest adding a sentence about how to recover from a corrupted Clique setup. It's very easy to get Clique all confused if you go into the manual Edit for any given item in the list and start messing around. From that point onward, if you try to delete items and re-add them to the Clique list, nothing seems to work right.

The only recovery workaround is to use the Profiles button in clique, delete your entire corrupted profile, add a new profile, and start over with the spell assignments.

If I had known this up front, I could have saved myself 2+ hours of wasted time one night while wrestling with Clique. It's *very* easy to corrupt a Clique profile, unfortunately. When it works, Clique is great. But Clique can be fragile in ways. Best way to use Clique is to stick with what you can assign directly by clicking it from the spell book. If you attempt to edit things manually, you risk corrupting the profile.

02-14-07, 10:27 AM   #127
shaktiboi
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Suggest making the "hidden" buttons more visible

When you highlight a teammate, the four "hidden" buttons around the target unit frame become visible suddenly with little round icon buttons. I would suggest that you do this for the entire set of "hidden" buttons around the edges of your UI frame. A small, unobtrusive icon button over each of the "hidden" locations would serve to visually remind users:

A) that something is hidden there, and
B) the graphic can serve as a mnemonic as to exactly what is hidden there

02-14-07, 10:30 AM   #128
shaktiboi
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Background texture of the main UI tray is visually confusing

You have this weird patterned background texture in your big UI tray. This is visually confusing especially with regard to the bongo buttons, and can make it hard to see even empty buttons when they are displayed. I would highly recommend finding a non-patterned background texture for your UI tray. A simple metallic texture with no busy pattern would work just fine.

02-14-07, 10:39 AM   #129
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Gnomaam

The one thing I feel Mazzle could use is automatic swapping of trinkets when mounting/dismounting ala Stupid Mount, etc.

If this feature already exists I have been unable to find it (and would appreciate knowing how to utilize it)

This can be achieved via Itemrack. Open your Itemrack options from FuBar and create a set you want to wear while riding. On the next tab, assign that set to the Mount (or Riding, don't recall what it's called) event. When you mount up, it will equip your trinket, etc, and when you dismount (provided you are not in combat when doing so) it will re-equip what you had before.

02-14-07, 10:41 AM   #130
Gnomaam
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by Seerah
This can be achieved via Itemrack. Open your Itemrack options from FuBar and create a set you want to wear while riding. On the next tab, assign that set to the Mount (or Riding, don't recall what it's called) event. When you mount up, it will equip your trinket, etc, and when you dismount (provided you are not in combat when doing so) it will re-equip what you had before.

Thank you. I have never used item rack before. when I click on it all it does is make the bar appear/reappear. I'll mess with it more next time I'm on.

02-14-07, 11:22 AM   #131
VoodooFX
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
After seeing what dorlf did with his setup, finding out how to edit stuff, and spending several hours, i managed to come up with a theme more to my taste.
(Mazz if u want the files, please tell me, i'd be more than happy to help you in any way after all the work u've put to make this wonderful UI)
I also added a target's target frame, kinda like dorlf (thx btw dorfl for breaking the ice ),
and thus removed the "Looking at" text from the target frame.
I changed some stuff with DUF (such as name coloring based on mob's reaction and level
coloring based on mob difficulty).

Combat

The all-in-one bag solution provided form Mazzle was nice, but i changed it to vBagnon,
mainly because it's highly customizable (you can change nr of columns, color and a bunch
of other things), and you can select different item types for easier find, and has a search
function ! Another add-on that i swapped is MoneyFu. I use AuditorFu, which kinda
does the same thing, only that it gives more detailed info on your savings.

Bags

Also, i kinda hate MonkeyQuest, don't ask me why, i know it's nice, and good, but i think it's
because of the non-wow look that i'm used to, so i changed that one too, with Extended
QuestLog 3 (EQL3) which i find most satisfying.

QuestLog

I'm also using WIM (WoW Instant Messager) which is a really helpful add-on when having multiple conversations at the same time
(i dont have a screenshot but i can get one if needed).

- VoodooFX
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Combat.jpg
Views:	622
Size:	231.3 KB
ID:	1059  Click image for larger version

Name:	Questlog.jpg
Views:	691
Size:	246.2 KB
ID:	1060  Click image for larger version

Name:	Bags.jpg
Views:	626
Size:	251.0 KB
ID:	1061  

Last edited by VoodooFX : 02-14-07 at 11:31 AM.

02-14-07, 12:25 PM   #132
dorlf
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Gnomaam

I believe this functionality is buried in the GoGoMount addon (use the MazzleOptions addon list to access the options)

02-14-07, 12:39 PM   #133
Leeroi
A Fallenroot Satyr
I feel dirty....

Could we move the "finish casting the spell" button when Mazzifying?

Given its current location, I click on it and get a mazzlegasm - and I feel dirty....

(I'm a baaaaad man....)

02-14-07, 01:12 PM   #134
coniferous
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Leeroi
Could we move the "finish casting the spell" button when Mazzifying?

Given its current location, I click on it and get a mazzlegasm - and I feel dirty....

(I'm a baaaaad man....)
but your pressing her button! thats the point!

02-14-07, 01:49 PM   #135
Leeroi
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by coniferous
but your pressing her button! thats the point!
But then why do I have the mazzlegasm?!?

02-14-07, 01:56 PM   #136
Leeroi
A Fallenroot Satyr
Requests

Being unoriginal, I would like to second previous suggestions on:

(1) Leaving the HUD up until health and energy (and/or mana) are back to 100%.
(2) adding ToT to top of target picture, ala Dorlf (Nice work!)
(3) having another way to show combo points. (Can't believe the guy who added mazzlegasms and put the button to mazzify where it is found the "Violently Ill Easter Bunny" analogy rude... Had to laugh when I read it, personally...)
(4) Have the "acquire aggro" red flash not happen when solo or in group.

And - like everyone else on the forums - Thank you so much for letting me have a wonderful and much more useful UI without having to work as hard as you have! (and I did send $50 via Paypal to recognize your $50,000 efforts)

Leeroi
"At least I'm not chicken!"

02-14-07, 04:35 PM   #137
shaktiboi
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Additional in-line doc for ItemRack options

Users new to ItemRack will not know the trick to make the set selector button appear at the top of the ItemRack frame. They might display it by accident, later hide it by accident, and wonder whether they've broken something. It would be useful to elaborate in your inline description of ItemRack in the MazzleUI Options window that:

* You SHIFT-click your paperdoll in the Character window to get to the Sets dialog in ItemRack

* You ALT-click your paperdoll in the Character window to toggle the visiblity of the set change button at the top of the ItemRack frame.

I find this set change button (at the top of the item rack frame) to be *far* more useful than ItemFu or even the minimap button to change sets. Its too bad the ItemRack documentation doesn't spell out the existence of this Alt-click behavior... I stumbled upon by accident myself and it took me a while to suss out what it was and how to toggle it on/off again.

02-14-07, 04:38 PM   #138
shaktiboi
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Leeroi
(4) Have the "acquire aggro" red flash not happen when solo or in group.
On the flip side, I LOVE this feature. It's more useful to me than any other aggro notification addon I've previously used.

Even when I'm running around solo, I like having it on. If you change anything about this behavior please at least give us the option to configure it like it presently is.

02-14-07, 05:12 PM   #139
Zanatar
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by owensd
Not everyone knows this so putting a little note on the install instructions, especially the part about backing up your old settings, would be helpful to those that don't know. When people see instructions on how to save their old settings, it can be confusing/frustrating to them when they are unable to restore them they thought they were going to be restored.
Kierrkian: What Owensd says above pretty much sums it . I had no clue it was stored server side until after the fact. The end result is the same though, even though it's not MazzleUI that causes the problem, it is MazzleUI that re-arranges it, so when you return to your previous configuration it is going to be all changed in comparison to how you had it before.
The end result is the same in that MazzleUI re-arranged it in the first place. That's where a warning would be nice somewhere in the Install instructions.

Thanks, Zanatar.

02-14-07, 05:22 PM   #140
Gunky
A Defias Bandit
Altitude

I'm wondering if it is possible to incorporate an Altitude Level monitor.? I sometimes leave my pet out and don't want to have to wait for the 10sec cast and -2000 mana, just to get my pet again. I realize that while flying there will be many times when my pet just gets stuck or otherwise unsummons. but I think this would help.

Thanks Mazzle

I love the UI

Constiance
(waiting for my next paycheck to take you out to lunch, But I will.)

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » OLD Feature Requests and All Other Suggestions OLD