07-24-10, 11:32 AM   #721
Nuckin
is laughing at you

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ezarra View Post
And while getting the beta key approved is important to us, it is not important to them.
I doubt this very much, beta testing is a very important part of software development that is really visible in the final product. Take for example any previous version of Windows (before Windows 7 which had an open beta test) and compare the initially released product with say, Wrath of the Lich King, granted these are very different pieces of software but bugs are bugs, and beta testing helps resolves them.

Blizzard isn't dumb, they know they need us to beta test their games just as much as you want to start leveling that new Worgen
07-24-10, 11:37 AM   #722
Mokane
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

They aren't dumb. They know they need testers. They also have the new battle net to get ironed out first with the launch of Starcraft 2 just days away they have to get that up and running before they can dedicate the time to repair the small number of beta keys that aren't working.
07-24-10, 11:52 AM   #723
GT4
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Mokane View Post
They aren't dumb. They know they need testers. They also have the new battle net to get ironed out first with the launch of Starcraft 2 just days away they have to get that up and running before they can dedicate the time to repair the small number of beta keys that aren't working.
Considering SC2 was in beta until a week ago and it had the whole BNet2.0 functionality all the time, it'd be more than surprising if they hadn't finished the preparations for the SC2 launch yet, so unless similar bugs affecting the SC2 release have just appeared it'd be a good time to fix the whole BNet site now and not after the release when any BNet downtimes may cause a lot of damage.

And if they really didn't want to mess with the BNet site, they would've likely just told the site admins to send them the BNet E-Mails so they can unlock the players manually instead of saying we should keep the keys.

Last edited by GT4 : 07-24-10 at 11:54 AM.
07-24-10, 12:04 PM   #724
Emythrel
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Its not a small number of keys that arent working, its any that aren't done via the opt-in at bnet. All fansite keys are 25 characters, and there are thousands to be given out during the beta rest of beta. This is not a small issue, if it were only a couple hundred keys that were the problem as stated before they could reqest Cairenn to collate our bnet e-mails and just flag us manually.... but since they know the issue is larger than just us, they will likely leave us hanging while they fix the problem.
Life is like oral sex.... far too short but damn fun while it lasts!
-----------------------
520p 500kbps Beta Stream: http://livestream.com/emywowbeta with 24/7 VOD when not streaming live
07-24-10, 12:09 PM   #725
Mokane
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Emythrel View Post
Its not a small number of keys that arent working, its any that aren't done via the opt-in at bnet. All fansite keys are 25 characters, and there are thousands to be given out during the beta rest of beta. This is not a small issue, if it were only a couple hundred keys that were the problem as stated before they could reqest Cairenn to collate our bnet e-mails and just flag us manually.... but since they know the issue is larger than just us, they will likely leave us hanging while they fix the problem.
Still, a couple thousand is a few compared to the massive number of SC2 installs and activations that will happen Monday night into Tuesday. If I'm the guy that picks what bugs to fix in what order that goes on the top of the list. The couple thousand beta testers that are primarily going to be there to write addons that really won't come into effect until retail launch has to slide down a notch. I wish they could have fixed it a couple days ago as well but I do understand the delay.
07-24-10, 12:39 PM   #726
Icecoldcoke
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I think what sucks the most is that if they would have delivered the keys when they originally planned (Friday July 16) we would have avoided this problem because it would have been when the old battle.net website was still in use.
07-24-10, 01:02 PM   #727
Emythrel
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Still, a couple thousand is a few compared to the massive number of SC2 installs and activations that will happen Monday night into Tuesday. If I'm the guy that picks what bugs to fix in what order that goes on the top of the list. The couple thousand beta testers that are primarily going to be there to write addons that really won't come into effect until retail launch has to slide down a notch. I wish they could have fixed it a couple days ago as well but I do understand the delay.
a company like blizz has enough coders to work on both at the same time, and as said before the SC2 keys are 26 characters and the new bnet site is all set up for them. They would have anticipated issues with SC2 and done all they can to make them unlikely..... which is probably the whole reason why they made this mistake with the beta keys in the first place ;p
-----------------------
520p 500kbps Beta Stream: http://livestream.com/emywowbeta with 24/7 VOD when not streaming live
07-24-10, 02:39 PM   #728
Timmy2215
A Defias Bandit
I already added sc2 to my b.net account without any problems. Some friends of mine had no problems, too.
26digit keys work, 25 digits not, thats the only problem
07-24-10, 03:35 PM   #729
Rumil_Dunemaul
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Icecoldcoke View Post
I think what sucks the most is that if they would have delivered the keys when they originally planned (Friday July 16) we would have avoided this problem because it would have been when the old battle.net website was still in use.
True, but ah well. That's the way it goes with these things sometimes. I'm sure it won't be too long before it's fixed, in the grand scheme of things.
07-24-10, 05:28 PM   #730
MysticalOS
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by Emythrel View Post
a company like blizz has enough coders to work on both at the same time, and as said before the SC2 keys are 26 characters and the new bnet site is all set up for them. They would have anticipated issues with SC2 and done all they can to make them unlikely..... which is probably the whole reason why they made this mistake with the beta keys in the first place ;p
keys are not all that's broken on the new battle.net site. there are also reported issues with redeeming celestial steeds, and the lil xt pet is missing from store since changeover. I'm sure there are lots of other underlying issues in change over that haven't been noticed yet. Beta keys are a priority but i'm asure they are low on the list of not working battle.net functions. I don't really expect keys to work before tuesday or wed honestly. Not only do they have all these bugs to work out. but they have to do it for all regions.
07-24-10, 10:28 PM   #731
Aktuu
A Kobold Labourer
beta tester

im an active beta tester if youd like to add me to the guild on the beta test server feel free
07-24-10, 11:24 PM   #732
MysticalOS
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

heh who knows, more of us might be getting normal beta invites if people already in beta keep pissing off GC

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...Id=26262867338
07-24-10, 11:29 PM   #733
Mokane
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

The downfall of random beta invites? I truly don't understand the WoW community sometimes. Blizz gives you an opportunity to test out a great new title and see it before anyone else with the terms that you provide helpful feedback. If you can't do that then why bother going on the forums and bashing the game that's not even finished without providing options to change it for the better?
07-25-10, 05:14 AM   #734
Rumil_Dunemaul
A Fallenroot Satyr

Yeah seems they have a fair few people in there who don't really get the point of beta.
07-25-10, 06:00 AM   #735
siema_co
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

ME WANTS PLAY FIRST!

You mean this?;P
07-25-10, 06:38 AM   #736
Rumil_Dunemaul
A Fallenroot Satyr

Well quite
07-25-10, 10:12 AM   #737
ricks322
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Party Frames= Fail Version of Grid 07/24/2010
Ripoff of grid and bad at that.
Or how about this guy who started a thread with this and never another post about it.
07-25-10, 12:08 PM   #738
KanadiaN
A Murloc Raider
Cool

Originally Posted by ricks322 View Post
Party Frames= Fail Version of Grid 07/24/2010
Ripoff of grid and bad at that.
Or how about this guy who started a thread with this and never another post about it.
Ya I must say that this is not really a good way to get the party frames changed so that they would be of more useful to him
07-25-10, 01:44 PM   #739
Emythrel
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by KanadiaN View Post
Ya I must say that this is not really a good way to get the party frames changed so that they would be of more useful to him
i cant see how u can rip off grid and get it wrong anyways..... they are little boxes that fill up or down as per players health.... how much could u mess that up? ;p
-----------------------
07-25-10, 02:15 PM   #740
Rumil_Dunemaul
A Fallenroot Satyr

Well, border color indicators, corner indicators, prioritized text for specific info. Grid is pretty complex with a lot of options tbh hehe.

But what I have seen of the new Blizz frames seems pretty decent yea.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » Massive AddOn Author Cataclysm Beta Key Give-Away!